+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
I doubt that there is some kind of resistance or conspiracy. I would be more inclined to believe actual problems or concerns in the PR itself. My TRV was processed by one of the busiest VO that is widely believed to be slowest and most thorough in their examinations. Yet, my case was processed extremely fast while being an extremely weak in terms of ties.

The generic replies are no more than what its name suggests. They just don't bother to explain their position. Why? Because they can. Not saying that it's great but that's what it looks like. To those who got refusals, it would be beneficial to request GCMS notes and look for clues as to why this might have happen. I made a request recently, so I'll report back if any useful information will be in there as to explain the fast processing in my case.

Another possibility is poor training. I had to call IRCC to confirm if they had received CSQ or not. The agent, while being quite friendly (after she learned that I'm calling with serious question and not just to ask the status) was actually confused as to how the CSQ should have been received. So I had to explain her the process. Other deficiencies in training were highlighted by IRCC stakeholders last autumns that led to mass returns of "improperly signed documents"... so it does happen.

But I'm more inclined to think that the refusals are due to PR application problems.

Reactions: Charbk and armoured

Annie503

May 2, 2023
Good Day All forumites. ;)

We are using the same visa office. Dakar Senegal. Applied June 2,2022, AOR September 15, 2022. We only got the medical August 2, 2023! Can anyone imagine that. We sat 10 long months awaiting this medical. So I guess that approximately 3 months after medical the file should be completed. ??

Can I have someones imput here..

TRV
Applied July 2, 2023
Visa Office Senegal
Not a Word as of Now.

Is there anyone here with the visa office of Senegal? Dakar Senegal. Can someone please help with some insight.

My flight ticket just cost another $3000 from Canada to go see my husband. Im afraid this way of life is not sustainable.

I will appreciate anyones imput. How Long after medical is file completion?

Cheers!

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Hello we received PPR and BVL yesterday for TRV application VO paris .. principal applicant from Morocco. I the sponsor applied for him at the new portal on July 31 … took 10 days for approval.
I hope u all get gud news

AF31

Aug 2, 2023
I agree, actually BS is just a very very small word for this situation. The way our lives and decisions of life are impacted by the randomness of the whole process and the fact that its happening in 2023, its...actually.......#$%^! Few things that come in my mind....
disclaimer: just my rant - no facts here, you can skip this post.

#1-CIC timelines are random. For someone, from the same country, application will be done in 7-8 months and for other 2.5 years. All i know, is the moment you pass the timeline that's posted/updated on the CIC website, that's the time you can actually do something about it. And perhaps, may be someone will do something about it. But if its within those timelines, CIC/MP...anyone ....wont bother - perhaps because there are so many, hundreds of thousands of applications to go through.

#2-Long delays are common with nationals of certain countries. Specially if the applicant has lived or travelled and stayed more than 6 months in different locations in the world. Getting police confirmations from all of those places takes months and years, specially middle east!!!

#3-Did you get Sponsorship Approval? if not, just may be, it could be one of the few straws that may solve the puzzle about delays. Is the sponsor citizen? If not, is their application smoothly on the way to citizenship? Did the sponsor provide all tax related documents? has the sponsor faced any financial issues with the govt? Or some other kind?

#4-Sean Fraser has been switched to another role, we got a new IRCC Minister. And I have noticed on this forum, more TRV refusal since that switch..not sure its co-incidence or just my fault observation. I still believe that IRCC/CBSA is not willing to implement Sean Fraser's policy, because the policy was not complete OR no-one below the minister put in the effort to cross the T's and dot the i's. Things like, if spouse (with PR application) is entering Canada on TRV, whats the point of asking Financial ties to home? Whats the point of Return Ticket....those kind of things confuse officers who have to implement the policy on the ground - and it becomes messy. So i believe there is a resistance and thats' why uptick in refusal and that's why blatant use of 179(b)...and openly writing that inrefusals, even though it was said earlier that CIC officers will not be able to reject applications based on 179b. So there is some kind of reversal going on.

Unless we get in touch with an anonymous IRCC officer on this forum, this riddle of the crazy randomness in the progress and processing of applications will not be understood by me, at least.
Absolutely I totally agree with your observations, the timelines are just ridiculous and do not make any sense because I know a few people personally who applied for the spousal sponsorship around the same time as me and their applications are past the medical requests and almost at their last stages.
Meanwhile, my application from the same country is taking way longer, it would've been understandable if there was some sort of update but so far nothing. Our first thought was also that the app might be lacking something so I contacted the MP and requested to help us get any sort of update, the MP's representative talked to IRCC directly and asked if there is anything wrong with the app and she said that when we applied for it the processing time was 16 months and wait 8-10 months more when it has already been 9 months and it should be done by then. I mean wtf, is this some sort of joke to these people? or they assume that one would apply and then forget about it when our lives literally depend on this.

Yeah, my husband is a citizen from the last 20 years, has all his taxes filed, provided all documents and everything so that can not be a cause of delay forsure.

From what I've seen, the refusal rate still seems higher than the approval rate. That too refusing people on the basis of the 179(b) clause. My TRV was also refused and the notes from the visa officer stated that "I am not satisfied that you'll leave at the end of your given time and that the purpose of my visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details" when the details put in the application was that I want to avail this new opportunity created for people like us who are waiting for their PR decision and can be reunited with their spouses in CA and it still got refused when our PR has been in process for the last 9 months. It doesn't seem like they have implemented the policy and even if they did it is still not upto the extent as it should've been, given the statement by Sean Fraser that the approval rate will be 98% and when they have mentioned all you need is the AOR one is bound to expect that the trv will get approved but people like us are getting their hopes up for nothing.
There is an immense need to take serious actions regarding this whole Spousal TRV policy.

Also, what do you suggest should I apply for a TRV again thru an immigration lawyer? and if yes, what more information can I add to assure the visa officer that I will leave at the end of my given stay?
because it has been two years since we got married and we have been going thru this bs, there is no way i am waiting 8-10 months and what guarantee do i even have that it will not take longer than that?

Literally this whole thing is exhausting mentally and emotionally...
I really hope they take serious measures and help those in need.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, what do you suggest should I apply for a TRV again thru an immigration lawyer? and if yes, what more information can I add to assure the visa officer that I will leave at the end of my given stay?
If you have not done so, order your gcms notes.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Absolutely I totally agree with your observations, the timelines are just ridiculous and do not make any sense because I know a few people personally who applied for the spousal sponsorship around the same time as me and their applications are past the medical requests and almost at their last stages.
Meanwhile, my application from the same country is taking way longer, it would've been understandable if there was some sort of update but so far nothing. Our first thought was also that the app might be lacking something so I contacted the MP and requested to help us get any sort of update, the MP's representative talked to IRCC directly and asked if there is anything wrong with the app and she said that when we applied for it the processing time was 16 months and wait 8-10 months more when it has already been 9 months and it should be done by then. I mean wtf, is this some sort of joke to these people? or they assume that one would apply and then forget about it when our lives literally depend on this.

Yeah, my husband is a citizen from the last 20 years, has all his taxes filed, provided all documents and everything so that can not be a cause of delay forsure.

From what I've seen, the refusal rate still seems higher than the approval rate. That too refusing people on the basis of the 179(b) clause. My TRV was also refused and the notes from the visa officer stated that "I am not satisfied that you'll leave at the end of your given time and that the purpose of my visit is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details" when the details put in the application was that I want to avail this new opportunity created for people like us who are waiting for their PR decision and can be reunited with their spouses in CA and it still got refused when our PR has been in process for the last 9 months. It doesn't seem like they have implemented the policy and even if they did it is still not upto the extent as it should've been, given the statement by Sean Fraser that the approval rate will be 98% and when they have mentioned all you need is the AOR one is bound to expect that the trv will get approved but people like us are getting their hopes up for nothing.
There is an immense need to take serious actions regarding this whole Spousal TRV policy.

because it has been two years since we got married and we have been going thru this bs, there is no way i am waiting 8-10 months and what guarantee do i even have that it will not take longer than that?

Literally this whole thing is exhausting mentally and emotionally...
I really hope they take serious measures and help those in need.
Sis, first thing, pls know that YOU ARE NOT ALONE in this situation. Yes, it seems everyone's getting their TRV and what not. There are applicants from early 2020 and 2021, just getting their PPR now. We are all spouses in this thread, and for many of us its difficult to spend each day. So yes, i can perhaps partly understand what you are going through.

By the way, are you working or involved in some activity - like education or something? If yes, thats great. If not - pls get involved. Best thing, get some certifications, health care or IT...it will help you when you will start your life in Canada.

Ok - should u hire a lawyer and apply. Noooo, pls save that money, at least not for TRV, nope.
Should you hire a lawyer to investigate your PR application? - may be, give it a month - if still no response from CIC - your husband can discuss with a lawyer in Canada and perhaps they can make a difference - but i doubt it.

And yes, you may probably want to follow this thread - its December 2022 outland. That will give you a perspective of where things are for the ones who applied in December https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/december-2022-outland-spousal-sponsorship.786833/page-15

Fasih Sardar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON VO
AOR Received.
Sep 2022
File Transfer...
file to LVO Nov 2022
Med's Request
Feb 2023
Med's Done....
Mar 2023
Interview........
NO
Hey,
my trv got refused and it is a generic refusal letter (179 b) so can you please tell me what did you put in for the purpose of visit? Also, if you can share more details about what you put in the application and on what basis did they approve yours so i can get an idea of what went wrong with my trv.
I'd really appreciate any help i can get from you. Thank you.
I just submitted trv application for my wife , her bank statement about 17000$ . Letter for kids school about upcoming vacations. My wife is just home maker no job so i put my statement and job details.
Bought travel insurance for 2 months for coming family members and tentative air tickets.
Hope it helps.....
My biometric and family medical was done upon request by ircc in their pr application.
Good luck everyone

Reactions: AF31

Dr Orakzai

Jul 23, 2015
hi any one planning to apply for OWP once spouse come here on TRV plz advise ? do we get approval for OWP online and not sure do they give letter or how do u get the OWP stamped. do u flagpoling USA border to get it stamped

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I just submitted trv application for my wife , her bank statement about 17000$ . Letter for kids school about upcoming vacations. My wife is just home maker no job so i put my statement and job details.
Bought travel insurance for 2 months for coming family members and tentative air tickets.
Hope it helps.....
My biometric and family medical was done upon request by ircc in their pr application.
Good luck everyone
Where did you buy travel insurance from? Pakistan or Canada?
Thank you

Sunset78

Star Member
Aug 16, 2021
Hello we received PPR and BVL yesterday for TRV application VO paris .. principal applicant from Morocco. I the sponsor applied for him at the new portal on July 31 … took 10 days for approval.
I hope u all get gud news
Oh wow. I applied for my morocco husband June 5th and nothing stuck at bgc via new portal.

vs35

Jul 25, 2022
Good news after long long waiting
Got passport request for trv...
Applied trv for my wife and kids on june 4 2023.
Finally decision made on August 7 today
So happy
And best of luck to all brothers and sisters waiting for decision
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing, it gives me some hope… we applied July 4 and haven’t heard back since. Hearing your news gave me some hope…

Reactions: Fasih Sardar

engr.zuhair

Oct 4, 2020
Good news after long long waiting
Got passport request for trv...
Applied trv for my wife and kids on june 4 2023.
Finally decision made on August 7 today
So happy
And best of luck to all brothers and sisters waiting for decision
Congrats! Did you apply after or before AOR ?