+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

AF31

Aug 2, 2023
Hey everyone, my husband who is a Canadian citizen applied for the spousal sponsorship app on DEC 21, 2022 and we received the AOR on FEB 24, 2023 since then there has been no update and we don't know where our file is.
My Biometrics were done when we applied for a visitor visa before the spousal sponsorship which was refused,
and now we applied for spousal TRV on june 15 and still no update on both applications.
I am from Pakistan and upon contacting IRCC i got to know that my trv is being processed in Abu Dhabi and i tried contacting the office but it has been of no help.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey everyone, my husband who is a Canadian citizen applied for the spousal sponsorship app on DEC 21, 2022 and we received the AOR on FEB 24, 2023 since then there has been no update and we don't know where our file is.
My Biometrics were done when we applied for a visitor visa before the spousal sponsorship which was refused,
and now we applied for spousal TRV on june 15 and still no update on both applications.
I am from Pakistan and upon contacting IRCC i got to know that my trv is being processed in Abu Dhabi and i tried contacting the office but it has been of no help.
Pls ask your husband to order GCMS notes (Global Case Management system) notes. Those notes are by the case officer in your file. It will give you some idea of what work has been done on your file and where it is stuck. Here are some more details about it:
https://www.canadavisa.com/gcms-notes.html

Plus, your husband may get in touch with the local MP and request for some assistance.

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I am Canadian citizen too . I submitted my wife PR application July 2022 and then I submitted my wife TRV application in June 28 /23 got PPR request on July 28 /23 and my wife is also from Pakistan , visa office is Abu Dhabi best of luck for you sister inshAllah you will get TRV soon .

Reactions: AF31

nksid18

Apr 2, 2023
Did you apply through the new portal? Aside from the Identity proof, all I had to show was proof of income.
Showing 15k CAD is more than enough so not too sure why that was said.
Yes, applied thru the New IRCC Portal. I've also mentioned that I have an ongoing Spousal Sponsorship. Also I applied for a 4 month visit for us to celebrate important occasions in our life such as our birthdays and our Wedding anniversary.

nksid18

Apr 2, 2023
Did you mention in application that that you are applying under new IRCC policy for family reunification..some of the officers may not be aware of new rules and policies...refusal looks like generic trv refusal for lack of ties
Yes, This was included in the letter of explanation that I have attached in the application. Unfortunately it didn't matter and they refused my application.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Unfortunately, my TRV application was refused due to the following reasons:

Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

In the letter of explanation that we have included in my TRV application, it was clearly stated that aside from my savings, I'll be fully supported by my spouse, showed bank statements and Certificate of Employment showing the salary. We believe we have enough funds since my spouse earns 55k CAD annually, and me back home earns around 40k CAD annually (converted)

Also, I think the length/duration of the visit matters in the application. I have put Sept. 30 2023 to Feb. 15,2024, basically to celebrate important dates such as our birthdays, Anniversary, and Valentines Day as well.

Should I re-apply again for TRV and shorten the requested temporary visit duration?

Also how can I prove significant family ties ouside Canada?

Thanks and I hope we can all be reunited with our families soon.
I'd suggest you to not apply. Hold off. They will again reject your application based on some other silly and illogical reason. No matter what you change, however you shorten the duration ----> Ties Outside Canada should NOT MATTER. Spousal PR application has gone through AOR, perhaps even SA, then they should simply give the TRV. No questions should be asked! Why are they making fuss?

Officers in IRCC are revolting against Sean Fraser's Family Reunification Program. By the way, Sean is already gone. There is a new Minister. We will learn what his ideologies are about Immigrants. It seems that Officers did not accept Sean's strategy for fast tracking TRVs for Spouses and Dependents.

They can reject your application - based on any illogical reason. For some, they object on $40k, on some applications they object on $5k. Any amount is not acceptable for them - CUZ IRCC DOES NOT WANT TO ISSUE TRV.
We need to air this on Twitter or X...or inform CBC. There needs to be an oversight and accountability of the actions of IRCC. And they fully know that nobody will ask them a question, because if the Immigration Minister is asked to review the practices, they will quickly say we are already short staffed, we are already behind many timelines, any special review will halt everything and delay everyone's process.

But we need to air this to the media what IRCC is doing. 179 B- was not going to be used to reject application - for Spouses and Dependents applying for TRV. Yet, its still being used. If they have a change in policy, then say so, so that we dont waste our $100 on a TRV and simply wait for PR application to be complete. Just imagine how many millions they have already earned through TRV applications and how many of it they have already rejected?

Last edited:

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
In our case, we decided not to apply for TRV because being from the Philippines, there is already an uphill battle to get one. We also have a dependent who will start school soon. My wife and I decided it is best to wait out for PR and organize everything at once than wasting 100$ per application.

@InfoSeeker12 I agree with your observations and along with the bullshit double-delay for Quebec applicants, I would wish they do a full review of IRCC processes and report all issues.

AF31

Aug 2, 2023
Pls ask your husband to order GCMS notes (Global Case Management system) notes. Those notes are by the case officer in your file. It will give you some idea of what work has been done on your file and where it is stuck. Here are some more details about it:
https://www.canadavisa.com/gcms-notes.html

Plus, your husband may get in touch with the local MP and request for some assistance.
We ordered the notes a couple days ago so hoping to get those soon and we have contacted the MP already and all they ask is to fill those consent forms so the representative may ask IRCC about our file but they don't get back to us. We have already contacted them 3 times.

Also, I was able to talk to an IRCC agent and they told me that our application is in process but the review of eligibility is not completed yet and that is why there is no update even in the PR tracker which is very disappointing as it has been 7 months and we are stuck on the eligibility of sponsor still.

But hoping to hear something back on my TRV.

dmmarkazi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my Wife's PR (June 18th) and havent received an AOR yet. However, I do have a temporary application number that was given to me by the agent upon calling them. Does anyone here know if I can use that temporary number to apply for my wife's TRV?
I strongly recommend waiting the 50 or so days for your PR AOR.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We ordered the notes a couple days ago so hoping to get those soon and we have contacted the MP already and all they ask is to fill those consent forms so the representative may ask IRCC about our file but they don't get back to us. We have already contacted them 3 times.

Also, I was able to talk to an IRCC agent and they told me that our application is in process but the review of eligibility is not completed yet and that is why there is no update even in the PR tracker which is very disappointing as it has been 7 months and we are stuck on the eligibility of sponsor still.

But hoping to hear something back on my TRV.
I know its very tough and the feeling when you are facing a complete brick wall. CIC is like that wall - and we all keep wailing to it - with no response. I guess, we all should prioritize - progress of our Spousal PR first and foremost. TRV is becoming a distraction and hassle.

Ok so you applied on Dec 21 2022 and got AOR in Feb 2023 - and no response since then? Based on what I saw on this forum, yes it feels little alarming as Jan'23 applicants are getting their PPRs by now - not all, but i have seen couple on this forum. On the other hand, there are also Sep 2022 and June 2022 applicants who got their PPRs by now. So technically, its not a red flag unless it has crossed the 12-14 month timeline from the date of your application submission. You mentioned its been stuck on Eligibility for months. Did the sponsor provide all their relevant Financial and Taxes details properly and thoroughly? Did you both provided security and background checks? Has the sponsor or PA lived/worked in different countries in the past 4-5 years. Security checks take long time, specially if its from Middle eastern countries, i have been through that personally, so i know.

So in all this, what can you do? Realistically speaking - NOTHING! Even if you discover that you missed a form, how can you provide it? They dont give a link (im not much aware of the webform, does it have upload buttons? i dont know). I'd suggest check out youtube channel 'Hit and Submit'. Go through his videos to see if you missed anything. if not - then be at peace that it will take its due course. or as we say, khair inshaAllah. It will be fine.

Yes GCMS notes and trying to get something out from an MP might help - but again, if there is something lacking in the application, CIC will contact you to provide it. And you can't pre-emptively provide it, if you can, pls do it! Instead, if you are the PA and currently not working or studying, i'd strongly suggest you to you upgrade/advance your IT skills with some certifications, get IELTS done and basically everything you can to prepare yourself for your life in Canada. Put the TRV thought on the shelf for a little while. In your case, the time is pretty close for PPR. You never know, all those things might come all at once. CIC does not follow any pattern or standard way of doing things. I hope and wish that you hear from IRCC soon and get your SA, COPR and PPR ---all at once this month.
....and you never know, you might just the TRV email in few days!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Yes, This was included in the letter of explanation that I have attached in the application. Unfortunately it didn't matter and they refused my application.
As others here have suggested, Sean Fraser is out so no help from that quarter. It does seem there was a palace revolt, with many visa officers hell bent not to be told to give broad acceptance of TRVs for family reunification. They want you to wait.

Like @Xilikon, we decided against yet another application for my wife from the Phils. We already had 3 denies (the most recent being in March 2023) and a fresh application would no doubt generate an immediate deny, along with a nasty letter asking "What part of NO don't you understand?"

• Haha
Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
As others here have suggested, Sean Fraser is out so no help from that quarter. It does seem there was a palace revolt, with many visa officers hell bent not to be told to give broad acceptance of TRVs for family reunification. They want you to wait.

Like @Xilikon, we decided against yet another application for my wife from the Phils. We already had 3 denies (the most recent being in March 2023) and a fresh application would no doubt generate an immediate deny, along with a nasty letter asking "What part of NO don't you understand?"
Bro - you always lighten the mood around here with your honest and sincere response along with a touch of joke.

Yep i agree, no point of wasting time and money when you got couple of denials and till Mr. Marc Miller makes a statement. Im suggesting everyone, who got their TRVs refused after they got their AOR on Spousal PR, should/must write to their local MP. Demand an explanation in the light of Family Reunification program. IRCC should be clear in their directives, if AOR and SA is not enough...they are worried about some bad people will enter Canada (like we are unware of the angelic locals are, who occupied Ottawa last year)...if that's the case announce reversal of TRV..dont rob people off their $100.

Reactions: AF31 and Kaibigan

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Even if you discover that you missed a form, how can you provide it? They dont give a link (im not much aware of the webform, does it have upload buttons? i dont know).
Yes, there is a way to attach things with a webform, although I don't recall details of how exactly to do it. We did it to update passport info for one of the family.

Anyone who has missing or useful or updated information to provide really should update through webform. (My view is that using webform to ask generic "hey where is my file any update" questions is a complete waste of time and possibly will make things worse - don't overdo it with webforms, use it only for required communication)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As others here have suggested, Sean Fraser is out so no help from that quarter. It does seem there was a palace revolt, with many visa officers hell bent not to be told to give broad acceptance of TRVs for family reunification.
We shall see. I think any disparity between how many get TRVs and refusals is more likely to be usual difference between expectation and reality. My impression is that the approval rate has actually been higher (but OWP issuance now a problem). There are other gaps in the program that haven't yet been grasped, either, like health care.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
@InfoSeeker12 I agree with @armoured. There is a way to attach things to webforms. We did it to attach a document that was requested by the IRCC in respect of an application of someone I represent (not my wife, who I also represent). As I recall, the form invites you to type in a brief narrative about the reason for sending the form. Once that's filled in, it will ask if you have anything to upload to go with the form. It's quite easy to follow and to accomplish.

I agree, too, with the idea of being sparing with webforms. No point in sending a barrage of them. It will just slow things down for everyone.

Reactions: armoured