+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Alexiaaaa

Jul 26, 2023
Congrats on getting TRV approved and PPR in less than 15 days!
What docs did you guys provide to satisfy that home ties? Did you also had to buy a ticket? one way, 2 way..etc.
Can you share some points what you wrote in your invitation letter?
Thanks!

Personally, I don't think home country ties and financial requirements are high for this new spousal TRV application. However, we did provide everything we could. For example, we provided deployment letters and account summaries for both her and me (but informed them very clearly that I'll be paying for all her expenses while in Canada in my Invitation letter).

We have consolidated an additional material doc including:
1. Invitation letter, stating we are eager to reunite, my status in Canada and my financial status (employment, savings and pay), and I'll sponsor her for her stay.
2. Statement of Purpose: We were very honest about it, she intends to come to visit me for a short period and will be waiting for PR, she might apply for OWP or go home after several months and she is currently employed back home. In both letters, we mentioned the new policy and appealed emotionally.
3. Her one-way flight ticket she booked in last year as we expected our PR to be approved in less than a year.
4. Her flight ticket.
5. Travel Insurance I bought for her. I strongly recommend buying it, without it, you might get bankrupt if anything happens to a visitor.

Overall, I am not very satisfied with the application statement (by the standard of a standard TRV application). We did show we really missed each other and we'd love to meet and live together, she will apply for OWP while waiting for PR. We uploaded her employment letter to show her tie. Other than that we didn't mention any other ties like her family. For her visiting purpose, we are kind of open to options, because she might really need to go home. In short, we were honest, mainly focused on demonstrating our desire to live together (and contribute to Canada as a family as Sean Fraser put it).

Hope this helps and wish you best of luck.

mahfuz_ca

Aug 22, 2018
Everyone! I need your advice please

My wife submitted her TRV last week and she will give her biometrics today. We forgot to include her tickets in the application. Does she need to buy tickets and submit them via webform?
I’ll appreciate your valuable opinion guys.
Thank you!

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone! I need your advice please

My wife submitted her TRV last week and she will give her biometrics today. We forgot to include her tickets in the application. Does she need to buy tickets and submit them via webform?
I’ll appreciate your valuable opinion guys.
Thank you!
You can submit itinerary but not required. Cheers!

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
Congratulations I have received PPR request same today at 27 July . Do you have any idea how long it take to get visa back with passport from Islamabad visa centre. Our visa office is Abu Dhabi
My wife submitted her passport yesterday to Dubai office and they told her it will take 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: Batkhan87

nksid18

Apr 2, 2023
Unfortunately, my TRV application was refused due to the following reasons:

Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

In the letter of explanation that we have included in my TRV application, it was clearly stated that aside from my savings, I'll be fully supported by my spouse, showed bank statements and Certificate of Employment showing the salary. We believe we have enough funds since my spouse earns 55k CAD annually, and me back home earns around 40k CAD annually (converted)

Also, I think the length/duration of the visit matters in the application. I have put Sept. 30 2023 to Feb. 15,2024, basically to celebrate important dates such as our birthdays, Anniversary, and Valentines Day as well.

Should I re-apply again for TRV and shorten the requested temporary visit duration?

Also how can I prove significant family ties ouside Canada?

Thanks and I hope we can all be reunited with our families soon.

SeaCT

May 28, 2023
Unfortunately, my TRV application was refused due to the following reasons:

Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself

You do not have significant family ties outside Canada.

In the letter of explanation that we have included in my TRV application, it was clearly stated that aside from my savings, I'll be fully supported by my spouse, showed bank statements and Certificate of Employment showing the salary. We believe we have enough funds since my spouse earns 55k CAD annually, and me back home earns around 40k CAD annually (converted)

Also, I think the length/duration of the visit matters in the application. I have put Sept. 30 2023 to Feb. 15,2024, basically to celebrate important dates such as our birthdays, Anniversary, and Valentines Day as well.

Should I re-apply again for TRV and shorten the requested temporary visit duration?

Also how can I prove significant family ties ouside Canada?

Thanks and I hope we can all be reunited with our families soon.
How much fund do you show?

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
Did you apply through the new portal? Aside from the Identity proof, all I had to show was proof of income.
Showing 15k CAD is more than enough so not too sure why that was said.

May 26, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my Wife's PR (June 18th) and havent received an AOR yet. However, I do have a temporary application number that was given to me by the agent upon calling them. Does anyone here know if I can use that temporary number to apply for my wife's TRV?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my Wife's PR (June 18th) and havent received an AOR yet. However, I do have a temporary application number that was given to me by the agent upon calling them. Does anyone here know if I can use that temporary number to apply for my wife's TRV?
No. I don’t think so. Wait for others to chime in on this one.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Does anyone here know if I can use that temporary number to apply for my wife's TRV?
The new TRV policy is new - so all we can do is guess. Why not just try it?

Have you tried opening and looking at the form through the new portal? Does it require you to enter the application number?

If so - the application number will be the temporary number minus the first letter, I think - ie proper file numbers start with an F and after that numbers, I think the termporary ones just have an X added. Plug that in and try it.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hello everyone,

I hope you have seen these clips. AOR is a critical component.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yndIZ_05C2o
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/QURQUr8W9hk

However there are some refusal seen on this forum, even with AOR.

Reactions: Charbk