+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is why it is important to always keep your address updated. You will have update IRCC that the applicants are now in Canada and you would like to request a virtual landing. It will take time for you to get any type of response so wound be planning on over a month although it may be faster.
Yes, I updated them 3 times already. They respond with a generic reply with my 1st webform about address change under “sponsorship”. 2nd one with address change under “change contact” and 3rd one with adress change and request for virtual landing under “sponsorship”.

They updated my spouse and dependents prtracker today with the Canadian address.Now it’s time to wait for the virtual landing.

nksid18

Apr 2, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a question. Is it possible for me to maintain my current work (permanent remote work/work from home) if I come to Canada having a valid TRV? I am planning to apply for an OWP once I landed to Canada to be reunited with my spouse and since I don't want to be jobless while waiting for an OWP, would it be a red flag in the eyes of IRCC? Thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello everyone, I have a question. Is it possible for me to maintain my current work (permanent remote work/work from home) if I come to Canada having a valid TRV? I am planning to apply for an OWP once I landed to Canada to be reunited with my spouse and since I don't want to be jobless while waiting for an OWP, would it be a red flag in the eyes of IRCC? Thanks
If you work for an employer that has no presence in Canada and you have no clients in Canada then you should be in compliance.

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Received PPR letter today, July 27. Took a bit over a week after BVL. Hope all those waiting for it receive it soon as well.
Congratulations I have received PPR request same today at 27 July . Do you have any idea how long it take to get visa back with passport from Islamabad visa centre. Our visa office is Abu Dhabi

Reactions: Ekemini Kingz

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hello guys thanks to all who supported me here finally I got PPR request from Abu Dhabi office the passport will be submitted next week in Islamabad visa centre in Pakistan. Can you please guys tell how long it take to get passport back with visa from Abu Dhabi office .

Reactions: comarxx

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello guys thanks to all who supported me here finally I got PPR request from Abu Dhabi office the passport will be submitted next week in Islamabad visa centre in Pakistan. Can you please guys tell how long it take to get passport back with visa from Abu Dhabi office .
In most offices it is 1-3 weeks, with about two weeks being the most common - 4 weeks at a stretch.

Note: it is possible the visa centre will NOT send the passport to Abu Dhabi but to whichever visa office (eg in embassy or consulate) has the staff and equipment to print (it's standard practice for them this way actually). My guess is that means it might not leave islamabad.

You don't have to do anything in this respect, just submit to closest visa centre (and you can't request it special - it's just a technical matter of which offices are equipped to do so). It's no harm in asking at the visa centre where they'll send it but the staff there might not actually know.

Reactions: Batkhan87

Mystogan

Jan 31, 2023
Congratulations I have received PPR request same today at 27 July . Do you have any idea how long it take to get visa back with passport from Islamabad visa centre. Our visa office is Abu Dhabi
Thank you, congrats to you as well. I think its like armoured said, most people seem to be getting in 1-3 weeks.

Reactions: Batkhan87

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
My wife landed yesterday, later that evening I submitted a webform to update her address, phone number and ask for virtual landing once there is a final decision.
Today I took her to do the upfront medical, then applied for Open Work Permit, I also submitted webform on our sponsorship to upload the IME# so when IRCC ask her to do medical exam it will be automatically updated on our file.
Not sure when she will receive her work permit, but we have done everything we can now to get closer to our final goals which are PR and her being able to apply for SIN and find job in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's perfect for spouses who don't work or don't plan to work after coming here, best of luck to them surviving in Canada on a single person's salary. But not everyone is in this situation right? Maybe some people will take emotional decisions, apply for this TRV and are okay sitting jobless for a long time which is their personal choice but I cannot state enough how badly this gap in work experience will impact their job prospects. From my personal experience as new immigrant, Canadian employers are very stingy and they don't care if the person applying is a citizen, permanent resident or on a work permit, if they see a big gap in your resume, maybe they will just ignore you, I definitely would not want to take that risk just for some stupid visa.

Also, during the announcement, the minister was boasting how this policy will help address the labour shortage but in reality, IRCC didn't do much to address that. They should have taken all of these things into account before making the announcement but IRCC keeps on living in their own bubble.
The major complaint was the inability to reunite with spouses and difficulty getting TRVs for spouses being sponsored. Don’t think anyone antipcipated that those applying outland would be able to apply for OWPs. This was primarily done because Canada needs labour and there shouldn’t be extra housing demands with spouses as workers. Based on inland applicants processing times for OWP have been closer to 2 months. Would expect there will likely be some delays due to more spouses applying for OWPs but given than 3 years ago most spouses who required visas couldn’t get a TRV and the policy had been the same for decades this is a big step.

Reactions: armoured and YVR123

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
The major complaint was the inability to reunite with spouses and difficulty getting TRVs for spouses being sponsored. Don’t think anyone antipcipated that those applying outland would be able to apply for OWPs. This was primarily done because Canada needs labour and there shouldn’t be extra housing demands with spouses as workers. Based on inland applicants processing times for OWP have been closer to 2 months. Would expect there will likely be some delays due to more spouses applying for OWPs but given than 3 years ago most spouses who required visas couldn’t get a TRV and the policy had been the same for decades this is a big step.
2 months is not guaranteed and you cannot look for a job during this time which is the problem. If IRCC really wanted to address the labour shortage, they would have given OWP directly instead of TRV to outland spouses, they could start working immediately after landing instead of doing nothing.

They have always done this for spouses of temporary residents, why cant they do this for spouses of permanent residents? Whatever their reason, this policy is stupid AF and makes no sense.

Reactions: AF31 and comarxx

DrStrange91

Jun 15, 2023
Spousal PR Application Submitted : 19th April
Gckey linked : 22nd June
AOR : 23rd June
SA : 27th June
Biometrics : 27th June
Biometrics done : 30th June
Medical Request : 1st July
Medical Passed : 5th July

Applied TRV (IRCC portal): 21st July 2023
TRV Approved (and BVL letter received) : 28th July 2023

They approved the TRV in just 7 days. It's such a relief!!

SeaCT

May 28, 2023

which is PA's country?

Annie503

May 2, 2023

CONGRATULATIONS