+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hello guys any update. In my application eligibility completed on TRV visa on July 07 after that no update no visa details yet . Application submitted on 29 June. Please keep and touch and what probably result you see in my application it’s more than 5 day’s eligibility completed but still waiting.
background check still in process? if so that might be why, ours took over 2 weeks to show complete, after that we received PPR for TRV.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
background check still in process? if so that might be why, ours took over 2 weeks to show complete, after that we received PPR for TRV.
yes BGC is still in Progress, so it took two weeks for it to change to complete and how long did it take for you to get PPR for your TRV?

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
background check still in process? if so that might be why, ours took over 2 weeks to show complete, after that we received PPR for TRV.I don’t know but since application submitted on June 29 background check still in progress but eligibility completed on 7 July after that nothing in PR tracker . It’s almost 14 days I submitted application for TRV .

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
I don’t know why but since application submitted on June 29 background check in progress and eligibility completed July 07 since after nothing on PR tracker . I don’t know what is going on . in PR application submitted July 2022 biometric and CAQ is already done . I am hoping to see good news incoming days for those who already applied like me hope for the best

Sep 25, 2021
With the latest announcement from IRCC regarding faster processing time (within 30days) for TRV of spousal application, while allowing spouse on visitor visa to apply for Open Work Permit once arriving in Canada, how will I write my letter of explanation in my TRV application regarding the intent to leave Canada at the end of the TRV?

I am thinking to just simply tell IRCC I won't be returning to my home country, will apply for an open work permit once I am in Canada and stay until our sponsor application is approved, do you think, in your opinion, this will cause IRCC to reject my TRV application?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
What have you put in your Invitation letter and did you show home ties and any funds?
My letter of invitation had:
  • formal wording of invitation to apply under new TRV measure for PR applicants to wait for the PR decision in Canada
  • intent of travel (what will be the occupation of the PA during our stay)
  • my (I'm the sponsor) intent to support PA in every way including housing and food
  • my funds available to support TRV applicant for the duration (statements from saving accounts)

I also added a LOE where I described:
  • very limited ties to home country and in short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed.
  • I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.
  • I specifically acknowledged that we will be staying in Canada as long as permitted by law.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
My letter of invitation had:
  • formal wording of invitation to apply under new TRV measure for PR applicants to wait for the PR decision in Canada
  • intent of travel (what will be the occupation of the PA during our stay)
  • my (I'm the sponsor) intent to support PA in every way including housing and food
  • my funds available to support TRV applicant for the duration (statements from saving accounts)

I also added a LOE where I described:
  • very limited ties to home country and in short I described our backup plan should PR be denied or delayed.
  • I also had some additional explanation relative to our specific circumstances that are no interest to others except that we applied while travelling abroad which in turn previously was considered a no-go in terms of home ties.
  • I specifically acknowledged that we will be staying in Canada as long as permitted by law.
Did u get ur approval for TRV?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Great that’s a lot helpful thanks for sharing. How much funds you think would be safe to show?
I showed few days short of six months.
Keep in mind that I have no idea what actually affected their decision

Last edited: