+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
I received approval and PPR request July 6th but the background and eligibility still says under review in GCkey portal (I applied through their). Curious if this is normal, spouse submitted passport on the 7th so expecting it back in a week or so.

Also just to add my info to the pool, applied for outland spouse application Nov 2022, last update was Medical passed May 29th 2023, applied for new TRV June 16th 2023. Spouse in Pakistan. Showed no ties to the country, referenced the family reunification program throughout the application making sure to name drop my boy the Honorable Sean Fraser. Made sure the honorable was always there lol. Received approval July 6th alongside PPR.

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
I received approval and PPR request July 6th but the background and eligibility still says under review in GCkey portal (I applied through their). Curious if this is normal, spouse submitted passport on the 7th so expecting it back in a week or so.

Also just to add my info to the pool, applied for outland spouse application Nov 2022, last update was Medical passed May 29th 2023, applied for new TRV June 16th 2023. Spouse in Pakistan. Showed no ties to the country, referenced the family reunification program throughout the application making sure to name drop my boy the Honorable Sean Fraser. Made sure the honorable was always there lol. Received approval July 6th alongside PPR.
Congratulations

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020

Congratulations
So what documents your spouse submitted if no family ties like job to go back n so on?

Reactions: Argent

Argent

Jul 6, 2023
Congratulations
So what documents your spouse submitted if no family ties like job to go back n so on?
I just typed up a document with the basic info like name of PA, sponsor, DOB, passport no, her outland application number and the stage its at and then wrote a few sentences about applying under the new TRV program for spousal reunification. I didn't specifically say she has no ties but also didn't provide anything at all to show ties and uploaded that to that specific section (i believe it's the financial ties section for the principal applicant in gckey portal). I also consciously did not say anything about a return date or waiting for PR, just that the PR application is in that particular stage and referenced it. My spouse is not employed and or has any property in the country.

Sep 25, 2021
Dear members,

I just received AOR for my spousal sponsorship application. Can someone share a template of invitation letter that i can use for TRV stating that they will stay with me while their application is being processed ?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Ekemini Kingz

SeaCT

May 28, 2023
I just typed up a document with the basic info like name of PA, sponsor, DOB, passport no, her outland application number and the stage its at and then wrote a few sentences about applying under the new TRV program for spousal reunification. I didn't specifically say she has no ties but also didn't provide anything at all to show ties and uploaded that to that specific section (i believe it's the financial ties section for the principal applicant in gckey portal). I also consciously did not say anything about a return date or waiting for PR, just that the PR application is in that particular stage and referenced it. My spouse is not employed and or has any property in the country.
Which portal did you use?

Ekemini Kingz

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Dear members,

I just received AOR for my spousal sponsorship application. Can someone share a template of invitation letter that i can use for TRV stating that they will stay with me while their application is being processed ?

Thanks in advance
Congratulations
What’s ur submission date ?
Is it inland or Outland?

Younes6888

Star Member
Mar 26, 2020
Thank you.

aminekamaro

May 31, 2023
TRV under new policy
Submission Date: May 31st
Previous Rejections: 2
Eligibility - Completed (previously it was Not Started)
BGC - In progress

No update on portal. What should I expect guys?
Same , éligibility completed from not started on 3 july,and Return to IN PROGRESS et on 10 july.
No update after

Reactions: Suryarao611

Batkhan87

Star Member
Jun 16, 2023
Hello guys any update. In my application eligibility completed on TRV visa on July 07 after that no update no visa details yet . Application submitted on 29 June. Please keep and touch and what probably result you see in my application it’s more than 5 day’s eligibility completed but still waiting.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hello guys any update. In my application eligibility completed on TRV visa on July 07 after that no update no visa details yet . Application submitted on 29 June. Please keep and touch and what probably result you see in my application it’s more than 5 day’s eligibility completed but still waiting.
same status but applied on May 29th. Only BGC is in progress

Reactions: Batkhan87