+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Are you able to say if there is some new, simplified for of TRV application for those who have PR applications submitted? As I recall, the standard TRV application asks for a lot of detail that would already be included in the PR application - such as details as to family members, addresses, occupations; the applicant's education and work history, places lived, etc. It seems unnecessary to set that out yet again when it's already included in the PR application.
On new portal a lot of things that are for ordinary TRV are still there. I applied for dependent TRV but I guess it will not be much of a difference.
You'll be asked about parents, current address, occupations (education + work), travel history and so on.

So there is definitely an overlap. But it feels like the new portal is more user friendly in regard to filling all the information. It feels easier.
It's an easy registration and you can click-through it pretty fast without submitting anything. Just to get the idea.

Reactions: Kaibigan

rbobalex

Sep 26, 2017
Hi there!
I applied for TRV using new IRCC portal on 19 June, 2023 after receiving AOR of spousal sponsorship app.

The thing is today is 22 June and still my biometric information and UCI is not updated yet.

I am kind of confused and worried of this situation.

Please guide me, how long it can possibly take to update my UCI and Biometric information for TRV application I made using New IRCC Portal?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hi there!
I applied for TRV using new IRCC portal on 19 June, 2023 after receiving AOR of spousal sponsorship app.

The thing is today is 22 June and still my biometric information and UCI is not updated yet.

I am kind of confused and worried of this situation.

Please guide me, how long it can possibly take to update my UCI and Biometric information for TRV application I made using New IRCC Portal?
It's unclear what do you expect... what is uci is not updated? Uci is just your unique number. It won't be updated.
Or what do you call biometric update? You had your biometrics done and it didn't show up in trv? Or you expect a bio request letter?

Make an effort, ask precise questions

rbobalex

Sep 26, 2017
It's unclear what do you expect... what is uci is not updated? Uci is just your unique number. It won't be updated.
Or what do you call biometric update? You had your biometrics done and it didn't show up in trv? Or you expect a bio request letter?

Make an effort, ask precise questions
I already have had biometric done in past, and I do hold UCI as of past.

However, I applied for TRV again on 19 June, 2023; but after I applied, my UCI has not updated in portal nor biometric number as well.

So question is how long it tkaes to update in visitor visa application or portal that I used to apply.

asdf27702

Aug 11, 2020
No, where do you see notarized letter as a requirement? I just wrote one on a word document and name at the bottom.

On the new portal, there isn't even a place for invitation letter. There is additional documents section with 2MB limit where I had to fit itineary, travel insurance etc.

Hey can you provide the link for new portal?

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023
I already have had biometric done in past, and I do hold UCI as of past.

However, I applied for TRV again on 19 June, 2023; but after I applied, my UCI has not updated in portal nor biometric number as well.

So question is how long it tkaes to update in visitor visa application or portal that I used to apply.
mine appeared after like 2 days. maybe double check you gave the right UCI

Ashan Perera

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
I heard people still getting rejections under this new TRV program, even though their spousal application is still in progress with AOR (submitted everything as required including a letter explaining the purpose).

Rejection reason “we don’t think you’ll leave Canada”

My TRV application, I submitted 14 days ago (working days), still nothing showing in the tracker (only shows “we received your application”) I am worried now :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard people still getting rejections under this new TRV program, even though their spousal application is still in progress with AOR (submitted everything as required including a letter explaining the purpose).

Rejection reason “we don’t think you’ll leave Canada”

My TRV application, I submitted 14 days ago (working days), still nothing showing in the tracker (only shows “we received your application”) I am worried now :(
All TRVs were never guaranteed. More will be approved than before. All you can do is apply and see what the outcome is.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
We received a passport request last April 12 2023 but. . . . .here is the story

The IRCC PORTAL shows that his open work permit application and daughter's study permit application were approved last May 13, 2023, BUT THERE IS NO PASSPORT REQUEST LETTER. We only have the original passport request letter which was sent last April 2023.
Their passports were forwarded to Canadian Embassy Manila from VFS GLOBAL but then the Canadian Embassy returned back the passport and they requested both to do a medical again last April 18, 2023 because their first medical will expire last May 2, 2023. So they both compiled and they passed ,received the medical by IRCC last May 4, 2023.
We sent a follow up last May 26, 2023 via email to the Canadian Embassy in Manila attaching of the screenshot status of both applications which only shows May 4, 2023 MEDICAL PASSED.Otherwised we wouldn't be sending a follow up on this date if we notice thatthe application was already approved.
We have been checking the portals regularly and it's the same update. We found last June 15, 2023 that the status update turned to Final decision- May 13, 2023, Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalized your application.Check your messages below for detail. "but a few days ago it was only showing May 4, 2023 Medical Passed and we didn't receive PPR letter.

What if I'll send the PPR before (April 2023) and their passport?

Please let us know what to do.
#1- This is not a professional forum - that would be an immigration lawyer where you'd have to pay huge sum of money. This forum is a group of lots and lots of people who applied themselves after researching mainly on CIC website - and other sources.
#2- Did you get PPR or not? If yes, only then you can send your passports in. If not, then you will have to wait.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I have decided to go ahead and order the notes.

A couple of questions, if I may.

1. The order form asks for UCI number. I put in the UCI number for my wife (the PA). Then it asks for "File number". I can find her "Application number" but no file number. Are they really asking for application number, or should we find a file number somewhere?

2. The form has a box, below this wording:
Use the space below to provide relevant information to help IRCC process your request (maximum 500 characters).

What do people write in there? Is an explanation necessary?

Thanks for any ideas you can share.
Sorry Kaibigan for late response. I got very busy since I came back.

1. All the information is about your spouse’s file. Meaning her UCI and File/application number.

2. In the box you can input briefly why are you asking for GCMS notes. For example for me the first time is I said something like I want to know the status of my spouse application.

The second one I ordered I put something about the eligibilitu of my spouse still not done pending on the documents they requested 3 months ago. Which we submitted on the day they asks for it.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you able to say if there is some new, simplified for of TRV application for those who have PR applications submitted? As I recall, the standard TRV application asks for a lot of detail that would already be included in the PR application - such as details as to family members, addresses, occupations; the applicant's education and work history, places lived, etc. It seems unnecessary to set that out yet again when it's already included in the PR application.
The new portal Kaibigan is very simplified. It does not asks for a lot of IMM’s nor they asks you about itineraries such as flight ticket and what to do once in Canada such as bookinga for hotels etc..

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an update guys. My wife submitted their passports, ppr requests form from IRCC and VFS consent form. They said they are going to give her a message or call within a week. They went there personally in Makati, Philippines. I would suggest for some who is able to do the same too if they can for their local VFS. You can asks a lot of questions too from their staff.

Reactions: Person001

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Sorry Kaibigan for late response. I got very busy since I came back.

1. All the information is about your spouse’s file. Meaning her UCI and File/application number.

2. In the box you can input briefly why are you asking for GCMS notes. For example for me the first time is I said something like I want to know the status of my spouse application.

The second one I ordered I put something about the eligibilitu of my spouse still not done pending on the documents they requested 3 months ago. Which we submitted on the day they asks for it.
Thanks comarxx. I kinda' figured it out and sent it off. I have no idea what to expect in terms of getting the notes. Do you recall your wait time(s)?