+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
What is BVL? Is it Background Verification Letter? Can you share what it is about what is being requested with it?
BVL I think is Biometrics Validation Letter, it's because the PA here did Biometrics during TRV and not during Spousal. Those who did Biometrics during spousal will not get this.

Reactions: ERCAN and comarxx

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife submitted her PR application in January 2023. After Fraser's announcement, we applied for a TRV.

TRV Application - June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics Submitted - June 6th, 2023
Eligibility Completed - June 12th, 2023
BVL and PPR - June 14th, 2023
Passport Submitted - June 15th, 2023

The AOR was received on March 13th, 2023 for the spousal sponsorship.
Wooohooo! Congrats!

This is way under 30 days! Which country is PA is coming from?

Reactions: Charbk

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok thank you for confirming that. That's really critical that we distinguish that. Cuz Im also concerned and curious to find out how TRV applications, sent with AORs and SAs, are being handled after the new guidelines. The strong ties factor is really confusing in the light of new guidelines and CIC's own explanation - that the whole purpose of this TRV is to bring families together quickly. Infact, I plan to copy that page of CIC where Sean Fraser is explaining all that, along with my AOR and letter of invitation!
No point in sending the announcement from Sean Fraser. IRCC is aware of the policy but the language didn’t guarantee that all spouses were guaranteed TRVs.

Reactions: Charbk and comarxx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I hope so, haha. With it going back to in progress and the Outland app being stagnant for 3+ months, I'm hoping everything is ok. I'm sure they'll start or might've already started your file. Seeing different experiences on this site, I don't even understand how the process works with these things, it's so unnecessarily complicated.
Background checks often take many months. It is not usual to see no movement for even 6+ months.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is their pr app status known?
Dates declared for visit?

Unfortunately, some kind of human factor is still possible as previously allegedly happened to digital signatures being returned.
There will still be denials. There are still factors that raise concerns about the validity of relationships. Remember that IRCC is also required to try and prevent immigration fraud so if there is any concerns people will be denied. The change is that not all spouses will be denied which was basically the case before Covid.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
There will still be denials. There are still factors that raise concerns about the validity of relationships. Remember that IRCC is also required to try and prevent immigration fraud so if there is any concerns people will be denied. The change is that not all spouses will be denied which was basically the case before Covid.
I never had any doubt that this is not a visa giveaway festival :). I'm wondering about the actual questions being asked. Earlier I expressed my opinion on this TRV, I believed that employment must be irrelevant since people must probably mention their wish to wait for processing in Canada. Thus, no employer will allow a leave of such length. Now it seems that I was wrong.

Unless there is different use for such info, such as background check and lookout for inconsistencies and , as you say, preventing fraud.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
I never had any doubt that this is not a visa giveaway festival :). I'm wondering about the actual questions being asked. Earlier I expressed my opinion on this TRV, I believed that employment must be irrelevant since people must probably mention their wish to wait for processing in Canada. Thus, no employer will allow a leave of such length. Now it seems that I was wrong.

Unless there is different use for such info, such as background check and lookout for inconsistencies and , as you say, preventing fraud.
My personal opinion is at the end of the day, if the officer doesn't want to approve the TRV they'll just create an impossible situation like asking for employment records of an unemployed person. It's really at the discretion of the officer. However as mentioned above, I suspect following the announcement we'll see higher rates of success with spousal TRV than before.

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
My wife submitted her PR application in January 2023. After Fraser's announcement, we applied for a TRV.

TRV Application - June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics Submitted - June 6th, 2023
Eligibility Completed - June 12th, 2023
BVL and PPR - June 14th, 2023
Passport Submitted - June 15th, 2023

The AOR was received on March 13th, 2023 for the spousal sponsorship.
Wonderful, Congratulations! Could you also share the supporting documents submitted apart from the bank statement, invitation letter (Notarized?), Itinerary, and Travel Insurance(?), importantly which IRCC portal you applied from GC Key or Non-GC key? Would appreciate a link to the TRV application page. Will be helpful! thanks

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021

what do you mean you were wrong? Wrong about what?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
what do you mean you were wrong? Wrong about what?
Well, I mean that I argued that employment isn't a factor when applying under the new TRV provision for PR applicants. But we have an example where such information was requested.
However, we really have no clue about what exactly was in the trv applications or real reasons behind this request.
So I'm not necessarly wrong in my reasoning, but I might be.

Last edited:

chris_k1988

Jun 13, 2023
Wonderful, Congratulations! Could you also share the supporting documents submitted apart from the bank statement, invitation letter (Notarized?), Itinerary, and Travel Insurance(?), importantly which IRCC portal you applied from GC Key or Non-GC key? Would appreciate a link to the TRV application page. Will be helpful! thanks
I'll try to answer as best as I can:

- Invitation Letter was not notarized but I included a lot of attachments like our marriage certificate, proof of ownership of property (rent free). I also included a link to which travel insurance policy I will purchase in case of approval. It's the Manulife visitors to Canada policy.
- In the invitation letter I stated that I will be fully financially responsible for my wife in Canada as I already support her financially. I sent a screenshot of Western Union transfers that I've made from the WU App.
- I used GCKey. I didn't know about the non GCKey option.
- As for financials, I just submitted my last three months pay stubs and letter from employer.
- For itinerary, I just showed a booking that will be confirmed once the visa is approved.

shuvo89

Mar 30, 2017
We would like to apply for the TRV soon and currently the Outland Spousal Application has received AOR, Biometrics Request and SA Eligibility completed.
There is a question in TRV application if the applicant has completed Biometrics before ? Could anyone suggest if the best option would be to complete the biometric request and then submit TRV application OR wait for Biometrics to get approved and then apply for TRV ?

Any suggestion is welcomed.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
We would like to apply for the TRV soon and currently the Outland Spousal Application has received AOR, Biometrics Request and SA Eligibility completed.
There is a question in TRV application if the applicant has completed Biometrics before ? Could anyone suggest if the best option would be to complete the biometric request and then submit TRV application OR wait for Biometrics to get approved and then apply for TRV ?

Any suggestion is welcomed.
It seems to be irrelevant. Few posts higher you can see that @chris_k1988 did not wait for it but submitted when requested for TRV.

Fasih Sardar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON VO
AOR Received.
Sep 2022
File Transfer...
file to LVO Nov 2022
Med's Request
Feb 2023
Med's Done....
Mar 2023
Interview........
NO
Good luck everyone For your applications success.
Applied for trv for my spouse and children on june 4 2023.
Hopefully new measures for family reunification will help us all to reunite while waiting for spousal PR application approval.
Spousal PR Medical done in march 2023.
I will keep you guys posted of the updates on trv.

Reactions: shuvo89