+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I applied on May 30th. Eligibility changed to in progress on May 4, then completed May 5, then suddenly there was an update for both the Outland PR and TRV on June 9th and the Eligibility went to in progress again. For the Outland app, Eligibility hasn't started and BC is still the same, so I don't know why that even updated.
That is a bit weird. I have no idea why did it turned to like that. But still that is good news. Meaning they are already processing your trv. I applied on the same date as you but mine still the same. So, my guess is mine have not been opened or touched by an agent yet.

razer1993

Apr 18, 2023
That is a bit weird. I have no idea why did it turned to like that. But still that is good news. Meaning they are already processing your trv. I applied on the same date as you but mine still the same. So, my guess is mine have not been opened or touched by an agent yet.
I hope so, haha. With it going back to in progress and the Outland app being stagnant for 3+ months, I'm hoping everything is ok. I'm sure they'll start or might've already started your file. Seeing different experiences on this site, I don't even understand how the process works with these things, it's so unnecessarily complicated.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Yes, I applied on May 30th. Eligibility changed to in progress on May 4, then completed May 5, then suddenly there was an update for both the Outland PR and TRV on June 9th and the Eligibility went to in progress again. For the Outland app, Eligibility hasn't started and BC is still the same, so I don't know why that even updated.

For me as well, the Eligibility changed from in progress to Completed and then the same day it changed back to in progress. :-(
but soon after that they sent us pre-arrival letter as well. (it happened mid May)

Reactions: Charbk

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This Page is for the TRV for Spouse, do anyone know any page where we can apply for Spouse open work permit (SOWP) if the Spouse PR application is in process and she has Visit visa approved.

I am referencing a new scenario announced by Sean Fraser
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/05/canada-is-reuniting-loved-ones-through-new-immigration-measures-new-measures-also-address-labour-shortages-in-canada.html
You can apply for owp when outland trv gets approved and the person lands in Canada. To be honest for now dedicate your extra time for the pr application and trv. If the PA’s trv gets approved then look up about owp.

Or you can use the search function here. It will give you a lot of details about owp. If that is not what you are looking for you can always start a thread about owp.

Reactions: Charbk

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Comarxx..come on bro, that's why I have put my timeline in my signature....:)
but no, not the TRV yet. I have just applied spousal PR and waiting for AOR + SA. Though, the more I study this forum, the more im under the impression to wait for Eligibility or BG check to finish before I submit TRV application.
From one of the trv applicants. Submitted on June 6, 2023. Judging from this are they still looking for ties back home?:eek:

As communicated through on email, we need some documents to continue processing your application. Please submit the following:
  • Purpose of travel: Please provide the details of your intended stay in Canada, including where you will visit, and intended dates.
  • This must be received at this office by: 2023-06-25
  • Employment records: Please provide proof of employment, for example an original and recent letter of employment, indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.
You must submit this electronically through this secure online account within 10 days. Email or regular mail is not an option.

Reactions: InfoSeeker12

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
From one of the trv applicants. Submitted on June 6, 2023. Judging from this are they still looking for ties back home?:eek:

As communicated through on email, we need some documents to continue processing your application. Please submit the following:
  • Purpose of travel: Please provide the details of your intended stay in Canada, including where you will visit, and intended dates.
  • Employment records: Please provide proof of employment, for example an original and recent letter of employment, indicating the start date, annual or hourly rate of pay, and regular hours per week.
You must submit this electronically through this secure online account within 10 days. Email or regular mail is not an option.
Is their pr app status known?
Dates declared for visit?

Unfortunately, some kind of human factor is still possible as previously allegedly happened to digital signatures being returned.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013

Bro...it might be possible, that there are other factors in play here. CIC will not ask for employment dates, unless the person somewhere specifies that the person is employed. Cuz the person might be running their own business, right? Or it could be a housewife...right?

I'd request you to inquire few questions about the application - if the person is willing to share with you. it will be great help.

In the meantime, here's a successful story from a january Spousal PR applicant, her husband applied for TRV and got it approved. Wife mentioned DUAL INTENT in her invitation letter. No job, no finances shown. I posted it here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/january-2023-spousal-sponsorship-outland-paper-online.787196/post-10507854

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is their pr app status known?
Dates declared for visit?

Unfortunately, some kind of human factor is still possible as previously allegedly happened to digital signatures being returned.
Yes. They have a current PR application. Regarding the dates the poster did not resond yet. She is still asking for people’s opinion. She said she is not working. And their real plan is to avail the new trv with the new announcement. And planning to await the result of PR while in Canada.

I am surprised though that she received an email through gckey or portal(its not clear which one they used) and how fast they were processing this person’s file. My guess is they used gckey since they have to upload this kind of stuff there also thinking they did not submit this information when they applied for trv?

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Could you plz share the IRCC TRV login page through a web link where you have applied for TRV? IRCC/ CIC website browsing is a bit complicated for me to understand. It will be helpful! thanks

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Applied for dependent (18 y/o) TRV today (PA already has TRV). Provided LOE with minimal ties and funds available for the visit, plans for the visit. Was kind of bold about the dual intent but explained fall back options should PR be denied.

chris_k1988

Jun 13, 2023
My wife submitted her PR application in January 2023. After Fraser's announcement, we applied for a TRV.

TRV Application - June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics Submitted - June 6th, 2023
Eligibility Completed - June 12th, 2023
BVL and PPR - June 14th, 2023
Passport Submitted - June 15th, 2023

The AOR was received on March 13th, 2023 for the spousal sponsorship.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
My wife submitted her PR application in January 2023. After Fraser's announcement, we applied for a TRV.

TRV Application - June 3rd, 2023
Biometrics Submitted - June 6th, 2023
Eligibility Completed - June 12th, 2023
BVL and PPR - June 14th, 2023
Passport Submitted - June 15th, 2023

The AOR was received on March 13th, 2023 for the spousal sponsorship.
What is BVL? Is it Background Verification Letter? Can you share what it is about what is being requested with it?