+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Man....in the face of this pressure and stress and patience...and frustration, i guess harmless joke / fun...is medicinal.

Wow. GU's already in play for TRV. Let's hope the applicants hear the good news. I hope they start delivering it in less than 30 days (including visa on passport......i know im wishing for the moon).
Actually I got a bit scared after sending all those notes and documents in webform and gcms using my account and my wife they might label “crazy guy” :D

Another applicant got eligibility reflected complete in pr tracker.

But I still see some who applied trv in April got refused. One person who applied for SOWP got refusal today. Reason is vo not convinced he would not return back to home country. Meaning strong ties.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfoSeeker12

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Actually I got a bit scared after sending all those notes and documents in webform and gcms using my account and my wife they might label “crazy guy” :D

Another applicant got eligibility reflected complete in pr tracker.

But I still see some who applied trv in April got refused. One person who applied for SOWP got refusal today. Reason is vo not convinced he would not return back to home country. Meaning strong ties.
ok that's very concerning. The applicants who got refused - are they on this forum? if you can share their link that will be great.
Or if you can confirm with them - had they applied for TRV after receiving atleast AOR on their Spousal PR application?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok that's very concerning. The applicants who got refused - are they on this forum? if you can share their link that will be great.
Or if you can confirm with them - had they applied for TRV after receiving atleast AOR on their Spousal PR application?
No, it’s on the social medias thay i’ve joined for spousal sponsorship. I guess they have aor but still that is before the announcement when they applied. I still dont see anyone who got refusal or approved after May 26th application.

Reactions: Charbk and armoured

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
No, it’s on the social medias thay i’ve joined for spousal sponsorship. I guess they have aor but still that is before the announcement when they applied. I still dont see anyone who got refusal or approved after May 26th application.
Ok thank you for confirming that. That's really critical that we distinguish that. Cuz Im also concerned and curious to find out how TRV applications, sent with AORs and SAs, are being handled after the new guidelines. The strong ties factor is really confusing in the light of new guidelines and CIC's own explanation - that the whole purpose of this TRV is to bring families together quickly. Infact, I plan to copy that page of CIC where Sean Fraser is explaining all that, along with my AOR and letter of invitation!

Reactions: Charbk and oaw

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thank you for confirming that. That's really critical that we distinguish that. Cuz Im also concerned and curious to find out how TRV applications, sent with AORs and SAs, are being handled after the new guidelines. The strong ties factor is really confusing in the light of new guidelines and CIC's own explanation - that the whole purpose of this TRV is to bring families together quickly. Infact, I plan to copy that page of CIC where Sean Fraser is explaining all that, along with my AOR and letter of invitation!
You did not apply yet?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
You did not apply yet?
Comarxx..come on bro, that's why I have put my timeline in my signature....:)
but no, not the TRV yet. I have just applied spousal PR and waiting for AOR + SA. Though, the more I study this forum, the more im under the impression to wait for Eligibility or BG check to finish before I submit TRV application.

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
but no, not the TRV yet. I have just applied spousal PR and waiting for AOR + SA. Though, the more I study this forum, the more im under the impression to wait for Eligibility or BG check to finish before I submit TRV application.
I think if you wait until EG and BGC are done on the sponsorship, you'll be about a month or less away from PPR on spousal, so you may want to consider applying for TRV after SA, Medical, Biometrics.

Reactions: Charbk

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I think if you wait until EG and BGC are done on the sponsorship, you'll be about a month or less away from PPR on spousal, so you may want to consider applying for TRV after SA, Medical, Biometrics.
That's actually interesting that you mentioned that. Im right now reading a case on facebook group, where the wife just got her TRV approved and is flying on 18th June. But today got PPR for her Spousal PR. so they are trying to figure out how to solve this puzzle - chicken or the egg. i guess PA will land in Canada on her TRV and then will raise webform to inform CIC that she is already inland. CIC will provide portal link for virtual landing.....So yes, perhaps i dont want to get it that complicated - at the same time, im concerned and still waiting to see more cases of TRV getting approved on just AOR/SA basis and with minimal ties to home country. (minimal = no job/financial assets)

Reactions: Charbk

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
That's actually interesting that you mentioned that. Im right now reading a case on facebook group, where the wife just got her TRV approved and is flying on 18th June. But today got PPR for her Spousal PR. so they are trying to figure out how to solve this puzzle - chicken or the egg. i guess PA will land in Canada on her TRV and then will raise webform to inform CIC that she is already inland. CIC will provide portal link for virtual landing.....So yes, perhaps i dont want to get it that complicated - at the same time, im concerned and still waiting to see more cases of TRV getting approved on just AOR/SA basis and with minimal ties to home country. (minimal = no job/financial assets)
Yeah I was thinking about that for my spouse's case as well hahah. I think as you said, once the PA lands you send a web form to inform IRCC of address change and virtually land.

In our case, no pre arrival / no PPR, PA has no assets, no home ties, and no job, but the EG of the TRV is Completed.
However my hunch for this is because it is a Philippines TRV application with good travel history, previous long work experience, and since now Filipinos can get ETA if they've had US TRV, and it's generally easier to get US TRV from what I understand, so maybe they are looking at the fact PA could probably get US TRV then get ETA into Canada anyways. But I'm not sure how exactly they decide it.

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
We applied for trv June 3rd, today there is an update on the pr tracker to which eligibility is completed, background is still in progress. finger cross it will be completed soon, nothing has changed in our sponsor application.

Reactions: Charbk and comarxx

razer1993

Apr 18, 2023
For us, the eligibility changed to completed then back to in progress for the TRV. I'm so confused on what happened. We applied Outland on Dec 5 and even that hasn't changed for EG and BGC since early March. I don't get how some files move so slowly and there is no feedback.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My bad! I do not usually use my laptop always on my smart phone so no, I cannot see timelines. If you waited to apply for trv until eligibility and bg check to be completed might as well wait for your PR app to be completed.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For us, the eligibility changed to completed then back to in progress for the TRV. I'm so confused on what happened. We applied Outland on Dec 5 and even that hasn't changed for EG and BGC since early March. I don't get how some files move so slowly and there is no feedback.
When did you apply for trv? Was it after May 26th announcement too?

razer1993

Apr 18, 2023
When did you apply for trv? Was it after May 26th announcement too?
Yes, I applied on May 30th. Eligibility changed to in progress on May 4, then completed May 5, then suddenly there was an update for both the Outland PR and TRV on June 9th and the Eligibility went to in progress again. For the Outland app, Eligibility hasn't started and BC is still the same, so I don't know why that even updated.