+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
how come? You juat submitted your spousal sponsorship and trv and you already got uci?
i think it's because for trv app, you need to do biometrics first before they can process the application. and i know for trv, they would request for your biometrics a day or two after submitting the application ..and you can't do biometrics without having uci. so i guess that's the reason why he got his uci that fast..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello peoples, can we apply for TRV without applying for sponsorship first?
You can certainly apply for the TRV first but then I don't think you will benefit from the special measures. As I read the rules, you need to submit the sponsorship application first if you want to benefit from the special measures announced.

Reactions: Charbk

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
You can certainly apply for the TRV first but then I don't think you will benefit from the special measures. As I read the rules, you need to submit the sponsorship application first if you want to benefit from the special measures announced.
The confusion is do we need to wait for AOR which is taking 3 months on average these days and no processing is done or even started until then. If AOR is really required, then that goes against this announcement of reuniting spouses because 3 months will be completely wasted. Maybe we should apply for both at the same time to get the TRV as quickly as possible?

Person001

Star Member
Jan 2, 2023
Hi

Does anyone know if we need to show significant ties to home country if there's already AOR, SA, medical and bio completed and purpose is to spend time while waiting for PR? Is showing travel history to different countries enough?

They did not ask anywhere for this proof, just passport, stamps, visas , and proof of funds, for which sponsor wrote a statement with bank statements as requested.

aminekamaro

May 31, 2023
It will
Merge automatically. It did on my husbands file he applied for trv 2 days ago
Sorry I don't understand you well because I'm from France and I use a translator to understand English :)
Did they ask you for biométric again?
thank you so match.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
@Charbk What reason did you gave in TRV file ,did you submit any extra document or invitation letter in your application ?
It’s the same requirements as before. Proof of funds, invitation letter, itinerary etc. Nothing has changed with the requirements.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Well yes you need AOR. AOR is confirmation that they have begun working on your file. And it’ll contain information that you’ll mention in the TRV (file number and pa’s Uci) so that your pr file can be traced. People apply for or and 2 months go by and the file is rejected and they never receive AOR because of missing signatures…forms etc.
Side note: the system can detect what’s been done already the moment you apply because biometric applied less than 24hours later it was marked completed.

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Sorry I don't understand you well because I'm from France and I use a translator to understand English :)
Did they ask you for biométric again?
thank you so match.
No it automatically updates itself. Less than 24 hours after we applied for TRV, biometric was already marked completed because it’s done from PR application

Reactions: AF31