+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
I am not expert in trv but I do not think so. It does not mention in the letters for my spouse and dependent that photos are needed. They only require the copy of PPR letter, passport, consent for vfs and 1 other thing from vfs, ai forgot what it is. I can ask my wife later what exactly did she submit.
Much appreciated. Thanks. We are from the province and we will be sending the passport to my brother who resides in Makati and he will be the one to submit and collect the passport from VFS.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
My spouse and dependent trv is approved!!! PPR! 21 days processing!!!

I’m still at the airport at Toronto coming back from vacation and a little bit down because I have to leave them again but now i’m so happy!!! Just want to share :)
Congrats! After their arrival tell us how was the arrival and how CBSC handles people arriving with this TRV.

Reactions: comarxx

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020

I’m still at the airport at Toronto coming back from vacation and a little bit down because I have to leave them again but now i’m so happy!!! Just want to share :)
Hey comarxx, churlish of me not to have been the first here to offer congratulations on your TRV victory! Well done. I'll try not to let my envy show too much.:)

I recall that your wife's PR application was submitted in July, so getting close to a year. Some PR applications from the Philippines are making it through the gate within that time. I met a couple in Iloilo in March/23. They had submitted the wife's application about same time as you...July 2022. His wife received PPR on May 10 and she landed in Toronto yesterday. I wonder if being close to the finish line helped the TRV application in your wife's case. Anyway, all academic now, she'll be here soon. That's what counts.

RavJas

Jun 2, 2021

Congratulations!! Comraxx.. Happy for you!

Reactions: comarxx

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019

will you be booking a return ticket for them? do you think the immigration (both philippines and canada) or the airline will ask for it?

Fasih Sardar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Visa Office......
LONDON VO
AOR Received.
Sep 2022
File Transfer...
file to LVO Nov 2022
Med's Request
Feb 2023
Med's Done....
Mar 2023
Interview........
NO
Ma

Many congratulations
Stay blessed and happy

Badge1

Star Member
May 3, 2023
will you be booking a return ticket for them? do you think the immigration (both philippines and canada) or the airline will ask for it?
Some friends applied for TRV while being sponsored and got approved. They flew to Vancouver last Thursday and they were asked at the check-in counter for a return ticket since they only purchased 1 way tickets and are still considered visitors. So they purchased a separate return flight which they will cancel and refund once their PR applications are approved.

Reactions: krstn29
Jun 19, 2017
Context: Applied for Outland sponsorship
AOR: Received
Biometrics: Completed

Want to apply for TRV, however I want to know if I can state that the financial responsibilities of my partner will be on me as a Canadian citizen or will they require that the applicant still provide financial viability?

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
[

Want to apply for TRV, however I want to know if I can state that the financial responsibilities of my partner will be on me as a Canadian citizen or will they require that the applicant still provide financial viability?
on the invitation letter, i stated that i will be financially responsible for my husband while he's here in canada. i submitted my three month bank statements and certificates of employment. my husband never showed any proof of financial means. trv approved after 9 days. submitted june 10, approved june 19.

notagoodlawyer

May 30, 2023

i mean its your spouse, its sorta assumed youre going to be undertaking them. if you have any proof of suporting them financially already that really helps. Otherwise what I did was show my accounts, my job letter, tax returns etc

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, I have not search about that yet. What about you?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey comarxx, churlish of me not to have been the first here to offer congratulations on your TRV victory! Well done. I'll try not to let my envy show too much.:)

I recall that your wife's PR application was submitted in July, so getting close to a year. Some PR applications from the Philippines are making it through the gate within that time. I met a couple in Iloilo in March/23. They had submitted the wife's application about same time as you...July 2022. His wife received PPR on May 10 and she landed in Toronto yesterday. I wonder if being close to the finish line helped the TRV application in your wife's case. Anyway, all academic now, she'll be here soon. That's what counts.
No worries Kaibigan! We both know how much you helped me out before this process of spousal sponsorship even began. I know you will get your spouse eventually. You might reconsider again applying for the new trv once your spouse’ application progresses more. And thank you!

Last edited:

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse prtracker got updated today under visitor visa. Visitors visa number, expiry number and all. All details got updated except medical even though we have medical for pr application. I guess they do not require medical since you will nit be under Canadian health care.