+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trv for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. With the announcement from Frasier. I am thinking of applying a trv for my spouse and dependent. It says on the website it will only take 28 days for processing if its approveor rejected.

My question are what are the chances of my spouse and dependent getting approved for trv? She has a very small business of online selling used clothes. And recently she started working for a company that do online order of food based in US. She owned a fairly new car. Unfortunately our house is only named after me.

I have more than $30k cad to show financial capability to support them for trv.

Thanks in advance.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi guys. With the announcement from Frasier. I am thinking of applying a trv for my spouse and dependent. It says on the website it will only take 28 days for processing if its approveor rejected.

My question are what are the chances of my spouse and dependent getting approved for trv? She has a very small business of online selling used clothes. And recently she started working for a company that do online order of food based in US. She owned a fairly new car. Unfortunately our house is only named after me.

I have more than $30k cad to show financial capability to support them for trv.

Thanks in advance.
Every applicant > 18 has to show their own funds, show home ties and justify purpose of visit

Do they have any ongoing PR application ? Then it must be declared & dual intent explained.

Good Luck

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
I don't really understand the new announcements.

Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, on Friday, announced faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing and more considerate application measures so that families can be together sooner while they wait for their permanent residence to be finalized.

Among the measures announced, the notable ones included...
  • faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing times for spousal applicants
  • new and dedicated processing tools for spousal TRV applicant ..
  • a new open work permit for spousal and family class applicants

Questions:
1) How can families be together WHILE THEY WAIT for PR which could take over a year? That means the TRV would be for a long time and they are not returning to their home country. Are they expect visits of only a couple of weeks and then returning back home? How is that waiting in Canada for PR to be processed?
2) How can a spouse visit for say two weeks while trying to prove they will return to their home country, but yet Canada is offering open work permits for them? For what? Working for two weeks?
3) What's the point in trying to prove you will return home? What kind of job back home will allow you to visit Canada for months while you wait for PR?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't really understand the new announcements.

Sean Fraser, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, on Friday, announced faster temporary resident visa (TRV) processing and more considerate application measures so that families can be together sooner while they wait for their permanent residence to be finalized.

Questions:
1) How can families be together WHILE THEY WAIT for PR which could take over a year? That means the TRV would be for a long time and they are not returning to their home country. Are they expect visits of only a couple of weeks and then returning back home? How is that waiting in Canada for PR to be processed?
2) How can a spouse visit for say two weeks while trying to prove they will return to their home country, but yet Canada is offering open work permits for them? For what? Working for two weeks?
3) What's the point in trying to prove you will return home? What kind of job back home will allow you to visit Canada for months while you wait for PR?
I will answer this based on my understanding of this new announcement. I will apply anyway whatever the result but of course hopefully its positive.

I will answer this base here:

• a new open work permit for spousal and family class applicanhdh
  • I don't really understand the new announcements.

[*]

[*]Questions:
    I cannot answer all your questions but you have a point. But no matter what I still applied today. Nothing to loose for me(but $200?) but I have everything to gain which is being together with my wife and daughter. I’ll worry about those other things if they got approved. Plus we never know your sponsorship and mine might get approved while on a visit visa right?

djjosh

Aug 10, 2021
I will answer this based on my understanding of this new announcement. I will apply anyway whatever the result but of course hopefully its positive.

I will answer this base here:

• a new open work permit for spousal and family class applicanhdh

• I cannot answer all your questions but you have a point. But no matter what I still applied today. Nothing to loose for me(but $200?) but I have everything to gain which is being together with my wife and daughter. I’ll worry about those other things if they got approved. Plus we never know your sponsorship and mine might get approved while on a visit visa right?
You are correct, not much to lose. Please let us know how it goes. In the letter of invitation what did you say with regards to your wife returning? How long did you ask for her to visit?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are correct, not much to lose. Please let us know how it goes. In the letter of invitation what did you say with regards to your wife returning? How long did you ask for her to visit?
I dont know what is the letter of invitation. If you are talking about the reason on the first page I just explain and write a short message in there.

Yes, I will update here. Fingers cross, hopefully there is a good news.

Lola7778888

Aug 18, 2023
Hello all.

I have a spousal sponsorship application currently going. I received my temporary AOR number and uci number and was able to link my account on the PR portal. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant, and I have no family in this country as both my parents are deceased (I’m 25).
my husband applied for the TRV and I wrote all of that in the invitation letter.. do you believe I will have a fair chance at getting approval? I know it’s strong ties but my husband has two children in his home country and a steady strong job.. so that would also B be considered strong ties to his home country.