Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
My mom and I are planning to visit my sister who is based in Canada (as a PR) and we are applying for TRV.

I'm based in Germany, and mother lives in India.

1. Do we need to do two separate TRV applications, one for me in Germany and one for mom in India? Or do we submit as a single application and once approved, we'll submit passports in respective countries?
  2. In case of all applying together or separately, would it be enough to submit my financial support statement for both me and my mom?
  3. Can my wife accompany us with the current restrictions, since only family members are allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions?
  4. If my mom travels to Germany first (after getting the Germany Tourist visa), can I apply for the Canada TRV in Germany for all of us?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My mom and I are planning to visit my sister who is based in Canada (as a PR) and we are applying for TRV.

1. Do we need to do two separate TRV applications, one for me in Germany and one for mom in India? Or do we submit as a single application and once approved, we'll submit passports in respective countries?
  2. In case of all applying together or separately, would it be enough to submit my financial support statement for both me and my mom?
  3. Can my wife accompany us with the current restrictions, since only family members are allowed due to COVID-19 restrictions?
  4. If my mom travels to Germany first (after getting the Germany Tourist visa), can I apply for the Canada TRV in Germany for all of us?
1. Different applications
2. No your mother must show her own savings. If she is married her spouse can submit his financial information and say that he is supporting her financially.
3. As a sibling you don’t meet the current restrictions. Only your mother can travel at the moment.
4. Yes but it will be harder to get a TRV from a Germany.

Reactions: JaiCanada

JaiCanada

Feb 9, 2018
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2018
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Med's Done....
12-06-2018
Passport Req..
27-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2018
LANDED..........
02-11-2018
Thanks for the quick reply @canuck78 !

I was under the assumption that immediate siblings are considered family. Really glad to know this is not true.

Hoping to see travel between Germany and Canada open up, so I can visit my sister.

So right now, our only option is to have the TRV application done for mom in India.

Will post updates on the experience here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply @canuck78 !

I was under the assumption that immediate siblings are considered family. Really glad to know this is not true.

Hoping to see travel between Germany and Canada open up, so I can visit my sister.

So right now, our only option is to have the TRV application done for mom in India.

Will post updates on the experience here.
It says immediate family which is considered spouse and dependent children. Parents were added if they have a visa or ETA. Would imagine it could be quite a while before travel is possible. You can all apply you and your wife just can’t travel. Indian offices may open in September for things like biometrics. Your mother may be required to do a medical.

Reactions: JaiCanada

dijo

Aug 17, 2016

Hi, Did you finally submit the application? Did you submit separately or together?