+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for parents refused

VishKini

Feb 25, 2019
Hello Experts,

I had applied for TRV for my parents in the month of Mar 2021 and all thanks to COVID, they were unable to give Biometrics as most of the VFS centers were closed. After trying for a long time i was able to get my parents a Biometric appointment at one of the centers on Dec 31st.

But out of nowhere, my parents application got picked for processing (before Biometrics) & was refused with a para as below.

"Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
"

Is the application refused for not giving Biometrics on time?

Can my parents still go to a VFS center taking the (earlier) Biometrics letter and provide their fingerprints or should i apply for a new TRV application & then go provide the fingerprints?

Thanks,
Vish Kini

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Experts,

I had applied for TRV for my parents in the month of Mar 2021 and all thanks to COVID, they were unable to give Biometrics as most of the VFS centers were closed. After trying for a long time i was able to get my parents a Biometric appointment at one of the centers on Dec 31st.

But out of nowhere, my parents application got picked for processing (before Biometrics) & was refused with a para as below.

"Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusal-visa-application I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
"

Can my parents still go to a VFS center taking the (earlier) Biometrics letter and provide their fingerprints or should i apply for a new TRV application & then go provide the fingerprints?

Thanks,
Vish Kini
They need to submit a new TRV application.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018
Hello Experts,

"

Thanks,
Vish Kini
It's rather normal during these trying times. IRCC has been refusing visas with all kinds of reasons in entire year of 2021. I am saying this based on our actual experience of what we are seeing in our daily work, they simply don't want any foreign nationals to enter Canada, or maybe should say they are trying to limit the number of foreign people that could enter. It's not because of the biometrics.

VishKini

Feb 25, 2019
Thank you @scylla , @PAINKILLER28

But isnt that wrong on their part to reject without providing any information? They wont even issue a refund on the application fees.

Wont lose hope, will still go ahead and re-apply their TRV.

Thank you !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

But isnt that wrong on their part to reject without providing any information? They wont even issue a refund on the application fees.

Thank you !
Fees aren't refunded if a TRV is refused.

PAINKILLER28

Jan 24, 2018

Thank you !
Just like previously mentioned, apply again would be the only option, but not right away. I suppose don't do it recently but do it when this virus thing blows over will give you a better chance.