+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Parents refused

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Hi there hoping someone can help my situation.

We applied online for my parents to come to Canada for our wedding in June 2020 they live in China. I invited them for a 15 day stay. They completed their biometrics on Monday December 16, 2019 and were declined today December 19, 2019. Reason for decline were as follows:

'I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on the purpose of your visit'

i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident based on your personal assets and financial status.

We submitted the following paperwork but my mom just retired and my dad is self employed

- Bank statements showing over 100K Canadian in savings
- house ownership documents in China
- mom's pension documents
- Our wedding contract in Canada showing the date we are having our wedding
-We also provided proof that we are having a China wedding in July 2020 (after our wedding in Canada) and that my fiance's family as well us us are all coming to visit china for two weeks.

My parents have never left China but travel history was not a reason for the refusal

I'm not sure what else we can submit for this? Should we order notes? Any help someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Order the notes; while travel history was not mentioned, it may be a subsidiary reason. You'll only know more through the notes - but I suppose there may have been concerns about returning to China after the wedding.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Order the notes; while travel history was not mentioned, it may be a subsidiary reason. You'll only know more through the notes - but I suppose there may have been concerns about returning to China after the wedding.
For sure we understand that is an issue. although we are having a wedding in China after the wedding in Canada where we showed that 17 people frmo Canada were attending the wedding. Do you think there is anyway that they would reconsider?

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
strange order ATIP notes right away

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Assume that given you are having a wedding in China with a lot of family going to China there wouldn’t be a reason to have 2 weddings where both parents needed to attend both ceremonies. Would also suggest ordering GCMS notes.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi there hoping someone can help my situation.

We applied online for my parents to come to Canada for our wedding in June 2020 they live in China. I invited them for a 15 day stay. They completed their biometrics on Monday December 16, 2019 and were declined today December 19, 2019. Reason for decline were as follows:

'I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, based on the purpose of your visit'

i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident based on your personal assets and financial status.

We submitted the following paperwork but my mom just retired and my dad is self employed

- Bank statements showing over 100K Canadian in savings
- house ownership documents in China
- mom's pension documents
- Our wedding contract in Canada showing the date we are having our wedding
-We also provided proof that we are having a China wedding in July 2020 (after our wedding in Canada) and that my fiance's family as well us us are all coming to visit china for two weeks.

My parents have never left China but travel history was not a reason for the refusal

I'm not sure what else we can submit for this? Should we order notes? Any help someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

thank you.
I know how disappointing this can be. Having said that. I see two issues that may raise concerns for Immigration staff/officer in OP. First, are your parent over 65 years or close? If yes, you can purchase a short stay medical insurance for the duration of their propose stay. Second, your mum is a pensioner. Fine, can your dad provides proof of his business activities, finances and assets if any? Third, how many siblings do you have in China besides your mum and dad? What are other compelling facts will make them return? Can you make a provisional booking showing that you will be going to China together after marriage ceremony? I can go on. The Immigration officer has some doubt as regards their intentions.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
I know how disappointing this can be. Having said that. I see two issues that may raise concerns for Immigration staff/officer in OP. First, are your parent over 65 years or close? If yes, you can purchase a short stay medical insurance for the duration of their propose stay. Second, your mum is a pensioner. Fine, can your dad provides proof of his business activities, finances and assets if any? Third, how many siblings do you have in China besides your mum and dad? What are other compelling facts will make them return? Can you make a provisional booking showing that you will be going to China together after marriage ceremony? I can go on. The Immigration officer has some doubt as regards their intentions.
appreciate the response. Yes my parents are 59 and 60. we can purchase the medical insurance that is no problem. Yes we can make a booking showing that we will go back to china together. Or at least book our flights showing we are going to China after our wedding here. I should also clarify that our wedding is in Canada. her parents are having a party in China for friends and family that will not make the trip over and have invited my finance's family from Canada who are attending. We have been calling it our wedding in China but in reality it is a party. I didn't look at that side of it. To be honest i felt we had a strong case that they would return to China. Although i am an only child in Canada my parents own a home in China, my grandfather contineus to live in China and they own a home in China which we all provided proof of. For sure there is an issue that the immigration officer sees some flags with their applicaiton

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Assume that given you are having a wedding in China with a lot of family going to China there wouldn’t be a reason to have 2 weddings where both parents needed to attend both ceremonies. Would also suggest ordering GCMS notes.
Sorry i should clarify, our wedding is in Canada, my parents are having a reception for friends and family that can't make the wedding in Canada and have invited my fiance's family who have chosen to attend. We have been referring to it as the China wedding but in reality our wedding is here. This would be easy to clarify when we re-submit.

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.
23 February 2017
File Transfer...
VO New Delhi 15 March 2017
Med's Request
15-9-2017
Med's Done....
16-9-2017
Hello Friends

We already got Tourist Visa for my mother but in sponsorship letter we requested her visit from oct 2019 to feb 2020 but due to health problem she unable to travel before march 2020. we are not sure visa officer will approve or reject her entry during first visit. Anyone have same experience please guide us so that we can plan accordingly....

Me my wife and two kids are in canada from last 2 years as PR under Skilled Workers Category

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Friends

We already got Tourist Visa for my mother but in sponsorship letter we requested her visit from oct 2019 to feb 2020 but due to health problem she unable to travel before march 2020. we are not sure visa officer will approve or reject her entry during first visit. Anyone have same experience please guide us so that we can plan accordingly....
She should have no issues entering Canada.

vikastoj

Mar 1, 2013
Punjab, India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
BACC-ans (U002)
App. Filed.......
Re-applied in 2 December 2016
Doc's Request.
Landing Fee. 16 March 2017
AOR Received.