AOR Received.
06-12-2016 SA: 13-12-2016
Med's Done....
23-10-2016 Med's Received: 05-12-2016 Med's Status: Passed
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
I got a letter of refusal in my online application for Visitor Visa for my parents.

The following is the part of response letter where they pointed out the reason. The points marked in RED below are the ones which were checked in the letter.

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

1. travel history
  2. immigration status in country of residence
  3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
  4. Length of proposed stay in Canada
  5. Purpose of visit
  6. Employment prospects in country of residence
  7. Current employment situation
  8. Personal assets and financial status
  9. Having a legitimate business purpose in Canada
  10. any history of contravening the conditions of admission on a previous stay in Canada.
Some details of what i requested are:
- Length of stay = 3 months
- Me and my wife as PR in canada. Letter of invitation clearly mentions that my parents will stay with me.
- My Father is retired (submitted his pension slips and certificate)
- My Mother is employed (submitted employment letter but no leave authorization from her office)
- Financials and Property documents
- Itinerary in purpose of visit section.

The letter also mentions
"
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee."

How do i proceed now? How should i address the 3 points they highlighted?
Can i submit the same document for other categories and only update the ones which they have problem with?

Thanks for any help provided.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
3 months is way to long for a TRV for a first visit. 2-3 weeks is more appropriate. Do you parents have any previous travel history to countries that require a visa? Your mother should include a leave letter. And they should have sufficient finances to complete their trip. Your invitation is secondary to their own documents. They need to establish strong ties to the home country and reasons for return. 3 months does not establish strong ties.

Reactions: bellaluna

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
3 months is way to long for a TRV for a first visit. 2-3 weeks is more appropriate. Do you parents have any previous travel history to countries that require a visa? Your mother should include a leave letter. And they should have sufficient finances to complete their trip. Your invitation is secondary to their own documents. They need to establish strong ties to the home country and reasons for return. 3 months does not establish strong ties.
Thanks Buletruck for the reply.

I will reduce the period of visit to 3 weeks. My confusion is whether the visa will have an expiry date of 3 weeks stamped on their passport or they can stay for few more weeks?

My parents have travel history but not within last 5 years. It was more than 10 years ago. I can include the copy of their old passport pages. Current passport doesn't have any stamp for previous travel. Will that suffice?

My mother can also include a leave letter from her office.

Now, should i wait or can reapply immediately after correcting these?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I will reduce the period of visit to 3 weeks. My confusion is whether the visa will have an expiry date of 3 weeks stamped on their passport or they can stay for few more weeks?
Visas permit entry into Canada, which means the holder is authorized to try to enter Canada until the validity date.

How long they're allowed to stay in Canada is a different story: it's up to the CBSA officer who will interview them at the port of entry. It is usually 6 months at most.

My parents have travel history but not within last 5 years. It was more than 10 years ago. I can include the copy of their old passport pages. Current passport doesn't have any stamp for previous travel. Will that suffice?
Oh, if it was more than 10 years ago, then I don't think it really matters, IMO.
The types of travels they're looking for are to visa-required countries, like the US, UK, Europe/Schengen, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea. If it's not to any of those countries or similar, then it doesn't really matter.

My mother can also include a leave letter from her office.

Now, should i wait or can reapply immediately after correcting these?
The leave letter is not really relevant IMO.
What matters more is your mother's salary and her job.

You can apply right away and say they are staying for 3 weeks.

What you have to do is provide proof that they will leave Canada at the end of their stay.

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
Visas permit entry into Canada, which means the holder is authorized to try to enter Canada until the validity date.

How long they're allowed to stay in Canada is a different story: it's up to the CBSA officer who will interview them at the port of entry. It is usually 6 months at most.

Oh, if it was more than 10 years ago, then I don't think it really matters, IMO.
The types of travels they're looking for are to visa-required countries, like the US, UK, Europe/Schengen, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea. If it's not to any of those countries or similar, then it doesn't really matter.

The leave letter is not really relevant IMO.
What matters more is your mother's salary and her job.

You can apply right away and say they are staying for 3 weeks.

What you have to do is provide proof that they will leave Canada at the end of their stay.

Thanks Bellaluna.

I did include my mother's employment letter and salary info. The only thing that i think put off the officer is the length of stay.
I am thinking of telling them my parents will stay for 3 weeks, redo a couple of documents and also have a return ticket for both of them with option to change dates of the flight.

Any suggestions on these?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks Bellaluna.

I did include my mother's employment letter and salary info. The only thing that i think put off the officer is the length of stay.
I am thinking of telling them my parents will stay for 3 weeks, redo a couple of documents and also have a return ticket for both of them with option to change dates of the flight.

Any suggestions on these?
Sounds good except never buy plane tickets before the visa is approved. They do not expect to see plane tickets with the application. If you really think you should supply them (again, not recommended), make sure they are refundable, and you are able to pay/lose the refund charges.

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
Sounds good except never buy plane tickets before the visa is approved. They do not expect to see plane tickets with the application. If you really think you should supply them (again, not recommended), make sure they are refundable, and you are able to pay/lose the refund charges.
Thanks. I will follow your suggestions.

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
@bellaluna and @Buletruck
Thanks for you help earlier and i am happy to announce that after revising the same application for 3 weeks (3 months first time), i just got the passport request for my parents TRV. :)

I am very happy and thanks to you guys for suggestions.
Cheers. ;)

Hadi-t

Dec 4, 2010
@bellaluna and @Buletruck
Thanks for you help earlier and i am happy to announce that after revising the same application for 3 weeks (3 months first time), i just got the passport request for my parents TRV. :)

I am very happy and thanks to you guys for suggestions.
Cheers. ;)

Hi AVPro !!
I am happy for you because I have the same case!!
Would you please tell us how long validity had their Visa? (considering that you applied for 3-4 weeks of stay in your application)

AVPRO

Feb 22, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
29-11-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
08-06-2017
Hi AVPro !!
I am happy for you because I have the same case!!
Would you please tell us how long validity had their Visa? (considering that you applied for 3-4 weeks of stay in your application)
They issued multiple entry visa with expiry date set to one month before the expiration date in both passports. So, basically 8 and half years for both.

Reactions: Hadi-t

Prakashp

Feb 29, 2020
Hello,

I recently applied a TRV for my parents on 11 Feb & we got the letter of refusal under the IRPR Act -179(b) as mentioned below, on the 29th Feb.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

In the cover letter to CIC my parents had mentioned their ties back home in India and assuring their return and no intention to overstay, yet not sure why the visa was refused. could you please advise the next step and what additional information should we provide to overcome this situation.

For the Purpose of visit we mentioned spend time with grandson during summer & visit Daughter as she bought a new house.

Below are the details that was submitted;
Parents Details:
1. Cover Letter
2. Bank Statement for both showing about 9K CAD
3. Pension card
4. Property document - Notarized translation Affidavit in English
5. my brother's passport to show sibling back home
6. We also submitted a detailed itinerary for the summer

My Details:
1. Invitation Letter - that was Notarized, stating that they are visiting us as we bought a new house as well as to spend the summer with us & their grandson
2. bank statement,
3. PR card,
4. Passport copy,
5. Utility Bill - for address proof
6. Birth Certificate - Showing proof of relationship
7. Health insurance for the duration of their stay that was paid

The duration requested was for 2 months July 1st to August 31st.

Thank you very much in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) The invitation letter need not to be notarized
2) Since this is not supervisa application, health insurance is not needed.
3) Two months visit is a bit long. I would shorten it to a month.
4) Can you elaborate the detailed itinerary? A cover letter is not needed.

Prakashp

Feb 29, 2020
Thank you replying Steaky,

I only took the Health insurance for the duration of their stay - 2 months

For Travel details in the application, we submitted a Flight Itinerary from my travel agent, we also attached a spreadsheet with the details of day to day itinerary for places to visit during the summer along with a estimate cost which was well within the funds that they were bringing.

I am planning to apply again and need help with the below
What should i mention as purpose of Visit to make is seem more convincing to the CPC officer..?
What other documents should i show to prove their ties back in their country
I will re-write a Invitation Letter & this time i will not notarize it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you replying Steaky,

I only took the Health insurance for the duration of their stay - 2 months

For Travel details in the application, we submitted a Flight Itinerary from my travel agent, we also attached a spreadsheet with the details of day to day itinerary for places to visit during the summer along with a estimate cost which was well within the funds that they were bringing.

I am planning to apply again and need help with the below
What should i mention as purpose of Visit to make is seem more convincing to the CPC officer..?
What other documents should i show to prove their ties back in their country
I will re-write a Invitation Letter & this time i will not notarize it.
The issue is partially there funds. 9k isn’t a large amount. Have they ever travelled internationally? The fact that they asked for 2 months is concerning but also saying that the grandparents are coming to be with the child for the summer sounds like they will be caring for the son while he is out of school which is considered work. Would suggest ordering GCMS notes to know exactly why they were refused so you can try and address the issues.