+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for parents processing time after biometric (after Sep 7, 2021)

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hi all;

Does anyone know or have experience how long it takes after biometric to process the TRV for parents if they applied through the new IRCC portal (not GCKey) after Sep 7th, 2021 (and specifically, the cases from Iran)?
Appreciate sharing any information.

Thanks

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Hello ,
I want to apply for parents visitor visa . But my concern is that my work permit expired few days back and the work permit extension is in progress .I am going to sponsor the trip and attach my documents as proof of funds.

Should I wait for getting my work permit extension before applying for parents visa ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello ,
I want to apply for parents visitor visa . But my concern is that my work permit expired few days back and the work permit extension is in progress .I am going to sponsor the trip and attach my documents as proof of funds.

Should I wait for getting my work permit extension before applying for parents visa ?
You may want to wait for work permit but you don’t sponsor a visit visa. They must show their own proof of funds, ties to home country, travel history etc. You can include a letter of invitation and say that you will provide accommodations etc. Your funds can be included but may not be considered.

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
You may want to wait for work permit but you don’t sponsor a visit visa. They must show their own proof of funds, ties to home country, travel history etc. You can include a letter of invitation and say that you will provide accommodations etc. Your funds can be included but may not be considered.
Thank you for your response . I have received a temporary auto extension letter which states it is a proof that I am authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until January 29, 2022 . Should I attach tht letter and proceed . But The travel date is in March so I am afraid this might lead to problems . Because I do not have the final extension yet .

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
Thank you for your response . I have received a temporary auto extension letter which states it is a proof that I am authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until January 29, 2022 . Should I attach tht letter and proceed . But The travel date is in March so I am afraid this might lead to problems . Because I do not have the final extension yet .
They do not have enough funds to show so I was avoiding showing their documents. And I thought I will attach mine and my spouses financial documents. Will that be okay or should I transfer that amount to them ? Also I will write an invitation letter stating the scenario and mention that their travel is contingent on our work permit extension. Does that sound okay or should I wait . Thank you .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They do not have enough funds to show so I was avoiding showing their documents. And I thought I will attach mine and my spouses financial documents. Will that be okay or should I transfer that amount to them ? Also I will write an invitation letter stating the scenario and mention that their travel is contingent on our work permit extension. Does that sound okay or should I wait . Thank you .
You can try but would be better for really should yhave your extension. They must show their own funds too. It can’t be avoided. If you transfer the funds to them then that is a red flag because officers know they can’t support their visit. They also need to show ties to home country and travel history. Given that non essential travel may be banned again, a visit may be postponed. How long is the intended visit?

CanadaWP_2020

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
App. Filed.......
August 1st week
Passport Req..
27 Nov 2020
You can try but would be better for really should yhave your extension. They must show their own funds too. It can’t be avoided. If you transfer the funds to them then that is a red flag because officers know they can’t support their visit. They also need to show ties to home country and travel history. Given that non essential travel may be banned again, a visit may be postponed. How long is the intended visit?
Thank your for your inputs . I will definitely think this through.

The visit here will be for around 2 months .

They have international travel history , they have been to Australia 2 times in last 5 years to visit my brother and were back in 5 months , the trip was sponsored by him .

Regarding ties , they have home and my grandparents stay with my parents .