+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for my sister and her husband, please advise!

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
hi all

i live in canada , with my husband and my 2- old son, and we both have PR, my son is canadian.
i want to invite my sister and her husband to visit me during Christmas- new year, they live in west bank/israel.

my sister got refused 2 times in 2015, she applied with my parents and my parents god accepted but not her, she was single then, new in her job ( refusal notes were no ties in her country).

now i guess her situation is different, she is still in her job so shez been there over 2 years, her husband never applied for canada TRV, he works in a company for 2 years also, he also can prove than he owns a house there, and also he owns another company with his brother which he can provide proof /permit but not bank statements..his main income is his job which he can provide employment letter and bank statement.

my sister and husband have traveled 3-4 times in the last 2 years ( Europe, Maldives, Greece) so i hope this will be a good point.

they are planning to visit me for 1 month ( they are financially able and they can both take unpaid vacations from their work) but as i read now , its preferred to put 2- 3 weeks as its more realistic for their jobs. is this true?

my questions are:
1- can i write a long detailed invitation letter saying all the positive points/info... or its not recommended?
2- do you think my sister twice refusals would affect the application?
3- they have around 10,000 cad in their accounts (altogether)so they can afford everything, they will be staying at my house , so do you think ill be enough for all other expense?
3- they will apply though Israel office, processing time is only 5 days, am afraid because they don't have a lot of applications so they will simply reject the application, or be so detailed in it, they can apply through Jordan which processing time is 27 days but its easier for them to apply through Israel (do you think it can affect the decision).
4- they will also provide their marriage certificate, birth certificate for my and my sister as a proof of relationship.
do you think they should also include copies of passports for their other siblings (her husband family) or its not requested? or not useful
5- what do you think if the application and what additional docs they can provide.
6- as i know there are 2 forms to be submitted, TRV, and the family form, are there any other forms.
7- regarding travel history, is there a specific form for that or they can just provide a doc listing all the countries they visited with copies of the visas.
8- should they submit their passport with the app or wait till they request it (hopefully!)?

sorry it was so long, but i really want them to visit me and they are so excited too.

appreciate any comment!

nampofo

Aug 25, 2017
1. You need to write an invitation letter for them and add copies of your citizenship or permanent residence card. In some cases the officers also require proof of the host(you) income.

2. Each application is treated on its own merit so previous refusals may not affect her chances.

3. They should estimate how much they will spend, flight, transport, tourism etc. The officer may deny a visa if it appears they are using all their savings just to visit Canada. So they must have some reserve.

4. No

5. All documents which prove their ties to the home country such as company introduction letters, employment letters, pay slips, property documents, etc.

6. Not sure of this. I always apply online. So others can help on this.

7. I think there's a form for that. Schedule 1 or so.

8. If they are applying paper based they have to submit passport right away with the application. If they apply online they will wait till they are called to submit passport.

I hope others will share their opinions as well.

Talinalex

Apr 11, 2016
1. You need to write an invitation letter for them and add copies of your citizenship or permanent residence card. In some cases the officers also require proof of the host(you) income.

2. Each application is treated on its own merit so previous refusals may not affect her chances.

3. They should estimate how much they will spend, flight, transport, tourism etc. The officer may deny a visa if it appears they are using all their savings just to visit Canada. So they must have some reserve.

4. No

5. All documents which prove their ties to the home country such as company introduction letters, employment letters, pay slips, property documents, etc.

6. Not sure of this. I always apply online. So others can help on this.

7. I think there's a form for that. Schedule 1 or so.

8. If they are applying paper based they have to submit passport right away with the application. If they apply online they will wait till they are called to submit passport.

I hope others will share their opinions as well.
thank you so much for the reply!
they will provide all the docs and hopefully theyll get it:)