+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for my brother and his family

mega12345

May 6, 2018
Hi guys,

Me and my wife both have permanent residency and my brother and his family wants to visit us and travel few places, including Montreal, Ottawa, Niagara Falls, Toronto

My brother had applied for a tourist visa from India for himself and his wife in 2017, and received a rejection, stating that the ties were not strong. Now they have a 2 year old daughter, I am not sure, how to prove my ties with my own brother and his family. He is planning to apply again this year, and I want to collect as much information possible before applying to minimize the chance of second rejection.

Both my brother and his wife have very stable jobs. He is working as an Income tax Inspector for Govt. of India and his wife is working in Food and Drug department as a Quality Analyst. Last time, both attached their No Objection Certificate from their respective departments to show that they have taken this many days off and have to return to their jobs by a specific date.

Can you guys please help me in creating a strong case for their visa application, what documents should I include?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys,

Me and my wife both have permanent residency and my brother and his family wants to visit us and travel few places, including Montreal, Ottawa, Niagara Falls, Toronto

My brother had applied for a tourist visa from India for himself and his wife in 2017, and received a rejection, stating that the ties were not strong. Now they have a 2 year old daughter, I am not sure, how to prove my ties with my own brother and his family. He is planning to apply again this year, and I want to collect as much information possible before applying to minimize the chance of second rejection.

Both my brother and his wife have very stable jobs. He is working as an Income tax Inspector for Govt. of India and his wife is working in Food and Drug department as a Quality Analyst. Last time, both attached their No Objection Certificate from their respective departments to show that they have taken this many days off and have to return to their jobs by a specific date.

Can you guys please help me in creating a strong case for their visa application, what documents should I include?
1. How long do they intend to visit?

2. What ties can he and his wife individually demonstrate to India in addition to their employment: Property or land ownership? Any dependent family members (for example, your parents or grandparents)? Good financial situation? Finances to pay for the visit without depending on you?

3. Any previous travel?

Reactions: mega12345

mega12345

May 6, 2018
1. How long do they intend to visit?

2. What ties can he and his wife individually demonstrate to India in addition to their employment: Property or land ownership? Any dependent family members (for example, your parents or grandparents)? Good financial situation? Finances to pay for the visit without depending on you?

3. Any previous travel?

1. They are planning to stay 3 weeks maximum

2. They work at well paid and reputed job for government, my brother do have land ownership (we will get it assessed by CA).

Parents are not dependant on him.

They have a good financial situation, they have almost 30,000$ in their bank accounts.

I will be providing the lodging and rest will be covered by them.

3. No previous international travel

As both are working for the government, they have to get No Objection Certificate from their respective departments, which will display the specific date that they have to report back to their respective departments.

How do I show strong ties to my brother and my sister in law? what documents can help me in doing so?

I really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. They are planning to stay 3 weeks maximum
Their visit must be for a finite length.... not flexible. Plus, do include a detailed day-by-day itinerary for their visit with expense estimates.

2. They work at well paid and reputed job for government, my brother do have land ownership (we will get it assessed by CA).
Land: Land ownership documents (translated, if required) + valuation by a CA + any other documents to prove that the land is a reason to return to India.

Is it agricultural land?

Parents are not dependant on him.
They live separately?

They have a good financial situation, they have almost 30,000$ in their bank accounts.
Their bank balance must match their salaries + tax returns. Hope none of the funds in their bank accounts was transferred from someone else.

1. Any financial investments: FDs, RDs, mutual funds, stocks, pension funds, etc?
2. Credit cards with good spending limits and low dues?

As both are working for the government, they have to get No Objection Certificate from their respective departments, which will display the specific date that they have to report back to their respective departments.

How do I show strong ties to my brother and my sister in law? what documents can help me in doing so?
Based on your post, it seems their only strong ties are their employment.

1. When do they plan to visit?
2. Can they each demonstrate that they have critical work commitments that are scheduled after their intended visit?

mega12345

May 6, 2018
Thanks for your response Bryanna

Yes their visit will be of finite length, as they have to get permission for the time off from their employer.

They are planning to come from end of June to mid of July.

Yes it is agricultural land, it is worth around
$500,000

They live with parents

Yes he has credit card with no outstanding balance

Does it help if they book a refundable round trip ticket?

How do i show my ties with my brother and my sister in law, which documents would help in doing so.

It seems applying for PR is easier than temporary visitor visa lol.

Thanks again!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for your response Bryanna

Yes their visit will be of finite length, as they have to get permission for the time off from their employer.

They are planning to come from end of June to mid of July.

Yes it is agricultural land, it is worth around
$500,000

They live with parents

Yes he has credit card with no outstanding balance
Do post their list of documents when they are ready to apply.

Does it help if they book a refundable round trip ticket?
Generally not advisable + it does not assure a TRV.

How do i show my ties with my brother and my sister in law, which documents would help in doing so.
You don't need to show ties to your brother/sis-in-law. They need to demonstrate they have strong reasons to leave after a short visit.

You can submit your birth certificates for yourself and your brother to prove you are related

mega12345

May 6, 2018
Do post their list of documents when they are ready to apply.

Generally not advisable + it does not assure a TRV.

You don't need to show ties to your brother/sis-in-law. They need to demonstrate they have strong reasons to leave after a short visit.

You can submit your birth certificates for yourself and your brother to prove you are related
Hi @Bryanna , my brother is applying for his, his wife and daughter visa again. I am sharing the list of documents he would attach to support his application.

Proof of financial support
  • National pension scheme (CAD 14K)
  • Provident fund (CAD 12k)
  • Salary Statement of brother and sister in law
  • Bank Account of brother (CAD 25k)
  • Bank account statement of sister-in-law (CAD 7k)
  • Credit card statement (CAD 5k, 0 balance)
  • Property assessment by CA (Approx. CAD 220K)
  • Couple of Life Insurance Investments (CAD 100k)

A detailed itinerary day by day

26th June:
Date of arrival at Toronto Pearson Airport
26th - 28th June: Relaxing at home
29th - 30th June:
2 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 250)
Food (Approximately CAD 200)
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 150)
Explore Montreal (Old Montreal, Notre-Dame Basilica of Montreal, Montreal Botanical Garden, Old Port of Montreal, Downtown, Mount Royal)
1st July:
1 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 150)
Food (Approximately CAD 100)
Canada Day Celebration, Ottawa (Parliament Hill), Rideau Canal, ByWard Market
2nd – 5th July:
Relaxing at home
6th – 7th July:
1 Night Stay at Hotel (Approximately CAD 150)
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 150)
Niagara on the lake, Niagara Falls (Horseshoe Falls, Niagara Sky Wheel)
8th – 9th July:
Relaxing at home
10th July:
Attraction Tickets (Approximately CAD 100)
CN Tower, Toronto Downtown (Nathan Phillips Square, Bay Street, Yorkville village)
11th July:
Dinner at my brother’s favorite Thai Place (Approximately CAD 100)
Explore Scarborough Bluffs Park
12th – 14th July:
2 Night Stay at oTentik (Approximately CAD 250)
Food (Approximately CAD 200)
Explore Thousand Islands National Park
15th – 16th July:
Relaxing at home
17th July:
Departure to India from Toronto Pearson Airport

A provisional ticket for the intended time

For Proof of relationship

• My & Brother's Indian passport last page to prove relationship
  • My Birth certificate
  • My Canadian Passport
  • My wife Canadian passport
  • My marriage certificate
  • Utility bills
  • Bank account statements of my and my wife's
  • Bank account statement of my business account
Is there anything I should add?

Ques:1
What should he write in the section of

`Have you been refused a visa, denied entry or ordered to leave the Canada or any other country or territory`

If yes, provide details?

Looking forward for your support!

Thanks

Last edited: