Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi guys need ur expert opinion. I applied for my mom TRV online on Jan 1st 2019, she gave a biometric on jan 9th. Iam in canada PR status. My mom in Qatar - working. I invited her for my graduation ceremony- which was on Feb 12th,2019. Unfortunately no update till now. It still shows that " in process".

Does online file get lost?? Though I doubt that!!! Why is so much delay. If they had to reject, they should by now.

As I have a job offer already ....planning to apply again for her, but waiting for this file to complete so I can start a new application.

Pls advise from senior members, why is there a delay.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys need ur expert opinion. I applied for my mom TRV online on Jan 1st 2019, she gave a biometric on jan 9th. Iam in canada PR status. My mom in Qatar - working. I invited her for my graduation ceremony- which was on Feb 12th,2019. Unfortunately no update till now. It still shows that " in process".

Does online file get lost?? Though I doubt that!!! Why is so much delay. If they had to reject, they should by now.

As I have a job offer already ....planning to apply again for her, but waiting for this file to complete so I can start a new application.

Pls advise from senior members, why is there a delay.
1. What is the status for the background checks?

2. Not advisable to start a new application until a decision is given on the current application.

3. No, applications are not misplaced nor delayed. There must be a reason for the delay.... probably the fact that your mom has temporary immigration status in Qatar which could mean IRCC needs information from her home country/another country (just a guess)

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting

2. Not advisable to start a new application until a decision is given on the current application.

3. No, applications are not misplaced nor delayed. There must be a reason for the delay.... probably the fact that your mom has temporary immigration status in Qatar which could mean IRCC needs information from her home country/another country (just a guess)
Thank you Bryanna,
In Progress

2.Not advisable to start a new application until a decision is given on the current application.
Ok thank you....will wait...any assumptions that how long it can take...

3.No, applications are not misplaced nor delayed. There must be a reason for the delay.... probably the fact that your mom has temporary immigration status in Qatar which could mean IRCC needs information from her home country/another country (just a guess)

She is on PR but in gulf it's considered as work permit renewable every year.
She has a travel history to UK, Saudi, UAE on visit.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryanna,
In Progress

2.Not advisable to start a new application until a decision is given on the current application.
Ok thank you....will wait...any assumptions that how long it can take...

3.No, applications are not misplaced nor delayed. There must be a reason for the delay.... probably the fact that your mom has temporary immigration status in Qatar which could mean IRCC needs information from her home country/another country (just a guess)

She is on PR but in gulf it's considered as work permit renewable every year.
She has a travel history to UK, Saudi, UAE on visit.
The delay is because of the background checks. That could take any length of time. She won't get a decision until these checks are completed

Reactions: zeeginu

zeeginu

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-2010
AOR Received.
oct 2010
IELTS Request
oct 2010
Med's Request
jan 17th 2014
Med's Done....
jan 25th 2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
March 20th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Bryanna....just wanted to let u know ....my mom TRV got approved today. Thank you for ur guidance .

khawar1

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Hello @Bryanna
Need your expert opinion. I applied for TRV for my mother and got medical request. Why are they asking for medical for TRV less than 6 month.
What are the chances of getting visa if one receive medical request for TRV?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello @Bryanna
Need your expert opinion. I applied for TRV for my mother and got medical request. Why are they asking for medical for TRV less than 6 month.
What are the chances of getting visa if one receive medical request for TRV?

Thank you.
It is fairly routine based on age and country.

konakallaramesh

Jul 21, 2018
You are replying to a precovid post from 2019. Things are very different.
I just want to know that what are the approval chances after medical request for TRV application. I submitted TRV for my 8 months old son, they sent medical requst. will that be good sign ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just want to know that what are the approval chances after medical request for TRV application. I submitted TRV for my 8 months old son, they sent medical requst. will that be good sign ?
Medical is a standard request so doesn't mean much although unusual for an infant to have a medical request for a TRV. Many people avoid medical request for TRVs.

konakallaramesh

Jul 21, 2018
Medical is a standard request so doesn't mean much although unusual for an infant to have a medical request for a TRV. Many people avoid medical request for TRVs.
I don't know why we got the medical request, I just applied for 6 months but still I got the medical request.