Feb 18, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
Hi Everyone
I am applying for my mom's visitor visa:
I am a PR since last 2 years. can provide my pay stubs, bank stmt and CRA assessment notice.
She earns a pension in india and is shown in her bank statement, so she is not dependant on me nor do I send money home, but while here I will do all expenses including flight tkts. She also has fixed deposits and provident fund accounts there, and absolutely has to go in person to sign every year at least once.
What do I say/show in LoE to convince them that she will return back home? She fully intends to, the cold is not suitable for her, and has her own mother back in india, as well as we have a joint property there too (the documents are in local language and I am finding it hard to get them translated.) The property is in me, my brother and mom's name, and both me and brother have given her power of attorney to sell it as I am in Canada and my brother is in US.

Last edited:

push1988

Feb 18, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-03-2017
update here for reference:
Applied online for trv tourist on 06.02.2020
Submission confirmation 06.02.2020
Biometrics request 07.02.2020
Biometrics done 11.02.2020
Correspondence letter 12.02.2020
Original Passport Request 12.02.2020

it was very quick!

- Invitation letter from me showing my savings, job, tax receipts etc and stating that I don't support her but will do for her stay in Canada
- her means of financial support with bank account statement and her fixed deposits etc
- letter of explanation- showing pension as one reason she will be going back to India and that she takes care of my Grandmother as well (no proofs for this) additionally stating that she has to go to bank in person to continue getting pension. also stated that we have property in her name (have proof but did not attach)
- confirmed return flight ticket and health insurance in Canada for her stay only

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
@push Hello, can you please kindly share the invitation letter as I am in a similar situation and would like my mom to visit me next month.

And as for tax receipts did you show the Notice of assessments only for all the years? And for bank statements did you show full 2 years bank statement by attaching all pdfs? And for job letter was it just a basic employment letter?

I received my PR 2 months ago only, thus asking all these questions.

Lastly, for insurance which insurance provider did you proceed with and what coverage did you take? For confirmed return ticket, does it need to be a paid ticket?

Please let me know soon. I would really appreciate your guidance!

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@push Hello, can you please kindly share the invitation letter as I am in a similar situation and would like my mom to visit me next month.

And as for tax receipts did you show the Notice of assessments only for all the years? And for bank statements did you show full 2 years bank statement by attaching all pdfs? And for job letter was it just a basic employment letter?

I received my PR 2 months ago only, thus asking all these questions.

Lastly, for insurance which insurance provider did you proceed with and what coverage did you take? For confirmed return ticket, does it need to be a paid ticket?

Please let me know soon. I would really appreciate your guidance!

Thank you.
You don't need to show bank statements for the last 2 years. Just your current bank statement.

Either NOA or T4s are fine to show. And yes, a basic employment letter confirming your role, salary and how long you've been with the company.

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
You don't need to show bank statements for the last 2 years. Just your current bank statement.

Either NOA or T4s are fine to show. And yes, a basic employment letter confirming your role, salary, and how long you've been with the company.
Thank you for the response. For my mom, I am showing her employment letter and leave letter to visit her son in Canada for 1.5 months which also states she needs to be present for the board meeting regarding policy changes at her company, therefore has a return to work date mentioned in it along with salary, designation, etc.

Also attaching her doctor's letter for a confirmed appointment for a routine check-up which cannot be missed for her thyroid and her personal funds' worth 15k CAD. Another personal note stating she needs to be back and cannot stay outside the country for long as her mom is very aged and currently lives with my mom and sister and is dependant on her so she needs to come back for her mom's treatment too.

Outside these, I am attaching my bank statements, T4s, NOA's, invitation letter, confirmed return flight tickets, sightseeing hotel booking confirmation, and another letter where I will be covering for my mom's expenses during her 1.5-month stay in Canada.

Anything else I should attach to make the application strong? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response. For my mom, I am showing her employment letter and leave letter to visit her son in Canada for 1.5 months which also states she needs to be present for the board meeting regarding policy changes at her company, therefore has a return to work date mentioned in it along with salary, designation, etc.

Also attaching her doctor's letter for a confirmed appointment for a routine check-up which cannot be missed for her thyroid and her personal funds' worth 15k CAD. Another personal note stating she needs to be back and cannot stay outside the country for long as her mom is very aged and currently lives with my mom and sister and is dependant on her so she needs to come back for her mom's treatment too.

Outside these, I am attaching my bank statements, T4s, NOA's, invitation letter, confirmed return flight tickets, sightseeing hotel booking confirmation, and another letter where I will be covering for my mom's expenses during her 1.5-month stay in Canada.

Anything else I should attach to make the application strong? Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Does she own property?
Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada, US, UK?

s.simhad

Star Member
Apr 16, 2020
Does she own property? Does she have previous travel to countries requiring visas such as Canada, US, UK?
She travelled to countries like Malaysia and India several times, currently she doesn't have any property back home. Is it going to be a problem? She has her mom, brothers and sisters there and also has a very stable job for over 7 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She travelled to countries like Malaysia and India several times, currently she doesn't have any property back home. Is it going to be a problem? She has her mom, brothers and sisters there and also has a very stable job for over 7 years.
You'll need to apply with what you have and hope it's enough to get approved.

zarakhan92

Nov 10, 2021
Can we show investments (liquid funds) as proof of funds. What is the minimum amount we need to show in our bank statement

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can we show investments (liquid funds) as proof of funds. What is the minimum amount we need to show in our bank statement
Investments are usually not liquid funds. Yes you can show investments. Liquid funds are needed to be shown to prove that the traveller has access to funds to cover their travel, unplanned situations in Canada, etc. Even if another person is covering their cost there can be issues where families no longer wish to cover the costs of travel and people have been stuck without the ability to pay for their stay in Canada or flight home. This is why Canada wants to see that visitors have access to liquid funds.