+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for mom/brother, father has eTA

Dec 14, 2019
My mom and brother are applying for a TRV, and my dad already has a eTA (he had US non immigrant visa).

My mom recently retired and my brother is 15y and is in high school. My mom herself has enough funds on her account/tax return to show she can finance themselves during their visit to me (I'm a PR) in Canada, for 3 weeks. She has no important travel history, only some south american countries for a few days.

I've been reading the forum, and it seems travel history and employment are very important. Because she recently retired I'm afraid she can be refused for the visa? Should she include some declaration from my brother school showing he's studying in Brazil.? My dad will accompany them, using his eTA, and he is still employed. Should she include some declaration also that my dad still works?

Does the fact that my dad has an eTA helps with anything?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My mom and brother are applying for a TRV, and my dad already has a eTA (he had US non immigrant visa).

My mom recently retired and my brother is 15y and is in high school. My mom herself has enough funds on her account/tax return to show she can finance themselves during their visit to me (I'm a PR) in Canada, for 3 weeks. She has no important travel history, only some south american countries for a few days.

I've been reading the forum, and it seems travel history and employment are very important. Because she recently retired I'm afraid she can be refused for the visa? Should she include some declaration from my brother school showing he's studying in Brazil.? My dad will accompany them, using his eTA, and he is still employed. Should she include some declaration also that my dad still works?

Does the fact that my dad has an eTA helps with anything?

Thank you!
There's not much your mother can do but try to apply with what she has. She can't change her travel history or employment status. She should show proof of funds, property ownership, and yes, that your brother is enrolled in school. She can include evidence that your father is employed and working as well. No harm.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say that your father holds a US non-immigrant visa? Exactly what does he have? He would need to have a US green card to qualify for an eTA.

Dec 14, 2019
There's not much your mother can do but try to apply with what she has. She can't change her travel history or employment status. She should show proof of funds, property ownership, and yes, that your brother is enrolled in school. She can include evidence that your father is employed and working as well. No harm.

Out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say that your father holds a US non-immigrant visa? Exactly what does he have? He would need to have a US green card to qualify for an eTA.

Brazilians who are travelling by Air and hold a non immigrant US visa (B1/B2) can apply for ETA.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.