+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for minors

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Hi, anyone who has experience helping their minor nephew or relative applied for a TRV.

I am inviting my nephew who is a minor to visit me here in Canada, we will travel together from the Philippines to Canada and he will be staying with me.

My question is, my sister who is filling up his application are having travel with some of the form.

1. Declaration of custodian - my nephew is only here to visit and NOT study, do we have to fill this up?
2. Family införmation - we are confused as to how we can fill this up for minor applicant. Should we put my
nephews name under the applicant field even though he is stir minor?
3. Use of Representative - this form came up on their online application, does my sister need to fill this up
and put her name as the representative as the applicant is a minor? and my sister
will just have to sign it in behalf of the applicant?
4. Means of Financial support - Can I submit my bank statement as I am taking full responsibility of him
while he is here in Canada? And he doesn't have a job because he is still a
minor.
5. Purpose of Travel - On the online application, we need to provide the purpose of travel such as " plane
ticket, travel itinerary and hotel bookings" how can I provide this if we haven't
purchase his plane tickets yet as we are planning that he will be visiting here in
Canada next yr. and he will be staying at my house for the rest of his vacation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Enice

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi, anyone who has experience helping their minor nephew or relative applied for a TRV.

I am inviting my nephew who is a minor to visit me here in Canada, we will travel together from the Philippines to Canada and he will be staying with me.

My question is, my sister who is filling up his application are having travel with some of the form.

1. Declaration of custodian - my nephew is only here to visit and NOT study, do we have to fill this up?
2. Family införmation - we are confused as to how we can fill this up for minor applicant. Should we put my
nephews name under the applicant field even though he is stir minor?
3. Use of Representative - this form came up on their online application, does my sister need to fill this up
and put her name as the representative as the applicant is a minor? and my sister
will just have to sign it in behalf of the applicant?
4. Means of Financial support - Can I submit my bank statement as I am taking full responsibility of him
while he is here in Canada? And he doesn't have a job because he is still a
minor.
5. Purpose of Travel - On the online application, we need to provide the purpose of travel such as " plane
ticket, travel itinerary and hotel bookings" how can I provide this if we haven't
purchase his plane tickets yet as we are planning that he will be visiting here in
Canada next yr. and he will be staying at my house for the rest of his vacation.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Enice
1. If they are travelling alone the parents will need to include information about the person who will be staying with the child in Canada (You) in their parental authorization to travel letter
2. If the minor is the principal applicant, then yes, his name goes under the applicant field
3. If they're are doing the application online using the parent(s) account then yes, the online checklist will ask for form 5713e (use of a family member representative for online applications). If they will be using the nephews account then this wont be required
4. Yes, the parents should submit theirs as well (Its what we did with an application for our minor). You will also need to say that you will take full responsibility of the child...they will be living with you etc in your invitation letter. (if you can, also buy a travel insurance for the child)
5.You do not need to buy plane tickets yet. But you can have an Itinerary. We had the parent write the letter explaining the purpose of travel, and the child also wrote a letter (depends on how young the child is)

If the child is in school, also have the school write a letter e.g. they will be travelling during school holidays and will be back home in time for the new school year (it was not a requirement listed on the checklist, but when they took the application to the VAC, they told them to go get a letter from the school indicating that the child is registered as a student, in year ***, and will be travelling during school holidays, school opens on ** and the child is expected back to school on **). was submitted with a copy of their school ID

Enice

Aug 16, 2018
Hi Thanks for the quick reply, I just have a follow up question. My nephew is travelling with me from the Philippines to Canada, and on the consent letter my sister indicated there that I will travel with him and he will stay with me while he is in Canada. So on the online application they are asking that we fill up on the IMM5646(custodian Declaration), but that form is for minors studying in Canada. Can I just attached the consent letter again?

On the question "Is your family member currently, or will they be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?" I answered "NO" to this and the IMM5646 came up.

Thanks

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi Thanks for the quick reply, I just have a follow up question. My nephew is travelling with me from the Philippines to Canada, and on the consent letter my sister indicated there that I will travel with him and he will stay with me while he is in Canada. So on the online application they are asking that we fill up on the IMM5646(custodian Declaration), but that form is for minors studying in Canada. Can I just attached the consent letter again?

On the question "Is your family member currently, or will they be, living in Canada with a parent or legal guardian for their entire stay?" I answered "NO" to this and the IMM5646 came up.

Thanks
Apart from the parents authorization letter we also attached a letter (written by parents) re: custodianship for ***, stating that *** is not a minor travelling alone and will not be living alone in Canada... they will be travelling and residing with *** ...etc. It has to include your information, and address