+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for husband

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
I am an Egyptian and a Canadian PR
My family lives there while I got married in Egypt and this year I decided to move back to Canada and sponsor my husband and live there together
I’m also giving birth in June this year in Canada
So before I travel and apply for the sponsorship my husband applied for TRV to be able to be there when our first baby is born
And he got refused due to his poor funds and assets, not enough ties in homecountry, didn’t provide financial proof of his host (my dad), and most importantly HIS PURPOSE OF TRIP doesn’t show he will leave Canada, which is me giving birth and living there with my child

We already mentioned in the purpose of trip letter that I am going to sponsor him so he won’t overstay or do anything illegal and he will travel back to Egypt until his sponsorship get approved
I am very sad that he won’t be there with me

Can anyone tell me what should we do to support his case?

If we applied one more time and got refused will this affect the sponsorship application later?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am an Egyptian and a Canadian PR
My family lives there while I got married in Egypt and this year I decided to move back to Canada and sponsor my husband and live there together
I’m also giving birth in June this year in Canada
So before I travel and apply for the sponsorship my husband applied for TRV to be able to be there when our first baby is born
And he got refused due to his poor funds and assets, not enough ties in homecountry, didn’t provide financial proof of his host (my dad), and most importantly HIS PURPOSE OF TRIP doesn’t show he will leave Canada, which is me giving birth and living there with my child

We already mentioned in the purpose of trip letter that I am going to sponsor him so he won’t overstay or do anything illegal and he will travel back to Egypt until his sponsorship get approved
I am very sad that he won’t be there with me

Can anyone tell me what should we do to support his case?
Unfortunately pregnancy and birth will only decrease his chances of getting a TRV. With you and his child in Canada he would have strong ties to Canada not Egypt. IRCC would also be concerned that you intend to sponsor him inland when you return to Canada. He also must show his own funds to qualify for TRV. You will also have to remain in Canada to sponsor your husband so anticipate being separated for at least a year. A short vacation 2-3 weeks maximum seems to be tolerated.

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
Unfortunately pregnancy and birth will only decrease his chances of getting a TRV. With you and his child in Canada he would have strong ties to Canada not Egypt. IRCC would also be concerned that you intend to sponsor him inland when you return to Canada. He also must show his own funds to qualify for TRV. You will also have to remain in Canada to sponsor your husband so anticipate being separated for at least a year. A short vacation 2-3 weeks maximum seems to be tolerated.
We just wanted to say all the truth so when we apply the sponsorship they don’t find conflicts :( the reason for applying the TRV is him to be able to attend the birth and coming back and wait till his PR approval
In your opinion should we try again and provide more information and documents or not?
If yes, and he got refused, will it affect the sponsorship application later?
Thanks for replying

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Refused TRVs won't hurt your sponsorship. He had very low chances of a TRV approval even if you weren't pregnant. He may also have a lack of travel history which is travel to countries like UK, US, various European countries, etc. that require visas. We see lots of women on this forum in your situation. Unfortunately many don't do their research before planning a pregnancy or else they would realize that they would be separated for birth.

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
Refused TRVs won't hurt your sponsorship. He had very low chances of a TRV approval even if you weren't pregnant. He may also have a lack of travel history which is travel to countries like UK, US, various European countries, etc. that require visas. We see lots of women on this forum in your situation. Unfortunately many don't do their research before planning a pregnancy or else they would realize that they would be separated for birth.
Yes he doesn’t have enough travel history only Turkish visa, and Indonesia without visa
If he can provide more financial support will it affect their decision on TRV in anyway? (Also his host can provide his financial statement)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes he doesn’t have enough travel history only Turkish visa, and Indonesia without visa
If he can provide more financial support will it affect their decision on TRV in anyway? (Also his host can provide his financial statement)
Host financials don't really count. Unfortunately more savings is unlikely to help. It will also be clear that he has borrowed money or been given money if his previous applications only showed a certain amount of funds. His finances must make sense based on his job.

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
Host financials don't really count. Unfortunately more savings is unlikely to help. It will also be clear that he has borrowed money or been given money if his previous applications only showed a certain amount of funds. His finances must make sense based on his job.
One of the refusal points is:
“You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your host’s income and assets.”
Just wondering doesn’t this mean they need financial proof of the host?

And again thank you for taking time and replying

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
“You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your host’s income and assets.”

Yes they probably want your financial information as his spouse plus more information from your father. For a TRV the visitor must show that they have the funds to pay for the trip even if family will be paying.

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
Yes they probably want your financial information as his spouse plus more information from your father. For a TRV the visitor must show that they have the funds to pay for the trip even if family will be paying.
Understood, thank you so much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I just explained to your husband you need to make sure you actually qualify for healthcare. Even with a valid health card you may not qualify if you don't meet the residency requirement and could be asked to pay back all the costs. Some provinces will make you wait 3 months again before you qualify if you have been out of Canada too long.

LFifi

Jan 29, 2019
As I just explained to your husband you need to make sure you actually qualify for healthcare. Even with a valid health card you may not qualify if you don't meet the residency requirement and could be asked to pay back all the costs. Some provinces will make you wait 3 months again before you qualify if you have been out of Canada too long.
Yes I am aware of the healthcare regulations in my province .. I was travelling back and forth so I’m still within the allowed travelled period outside of the province
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I am aware of the healthcare regulations in my province .. I was travelling back and forth so I’m still within the allowed travelled period outside of the province
Thanks[/QUOTE

Many are unaware of the residency requirement and your post made it seem like you have been in Egypt since your wedding or before so it was important to remind you. Also remind people that they need to work 600 hours that year to get maternity payments and they must be in Canada with their child to get child benefit.

Many read the forum post so info for everyone.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014

This refusal is because you presently live outside Canada. As his spouse (and if you were living in Canada), it is a given that you would financially support his stay. However, as your husband has a weak financial situation, the host's financial support could help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This refusal is because you presently live outside Canada. As his spouse (and if you were living in Canada), it is a given that you would financially support his stay. However, as your husband has a weak financial situation, the host's financial support could help
Even with proof of the father's support the case isn't likely to be approved. You can try to include your father's financial documents.