+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Fiance

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi Guyz,
I need some help and suggestions for my situation, so I would be very grateful if someone would be able to help me.

I am working currently in ON and hold the PGWP. Im going to my home country where Im gonna get married as well.
So, I want to bring my spouse here in Canada with me in Aug.

What would be the best course of way for me to apply for her and get her the TRV/Visitor visa?
Should she apply for TRV now independently by herself or should she apply afterwards we get married.

She is doing her masters program back home which will finish next month;s end. She is not working but her parents have good financial assets.
So is it possible for her to get the visitor visa if she applies by herself and shows that I'm her friend and she is coming to visit me in Canada?

Please guyz any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

johnybegood

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2014
Na
Category........
Visa Office......
Ndvo
NOC Code......
Na
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18,2016
Doc's Request.
aor 1 may 11
Nomination.....
Sponsor approval 03/jun/16
AOR Received.
in process on 09 june 2016
IELTS Request
sent along with apln
File Transfer...
started processing june 13
Med's Request
Up front done in January 2016
Med's Done....
Background check 26 sept 2016
Interview........
Dm 29 sept 2016
Passport Req..
1st oct 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 oct 2016
LANDED..........
16 oct 2016
anky2015 said:
Hi Guyz,
I need some help and suggestions for my situation, so I would be very grateful if someone would be able to help me.

I am working currently in ON and hold the PGWP. Im going to my home country where Im gonna get married as well.
So, I want to bring my spouse here in Canada with me in Aug.

What would be the best course of way for me to apply for her and get her the TRV/Visitor visa?
Should she apply for TRV now independently by herself or should she apply afterwards we get married.

She is doing her masters program back home which will finish next month;s end. She is not working but her parents have good financial assets.
So is it possible for her to get the visitor visa if she applies by herself and shows that I'm her friend and she is coming to visit me in Canada?

Please guyz any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
If u applying trv do it now...after marriage its too hard to get it approved otherwise u need to apply for fam sponsorship which will take some time ty

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
johnybegood said:
If u applying trv do it now...after marriage its too hard to get it approved otherwise u need to apply for fam sponsorship which will take some time ty
Hi johnybegood, thanks for ur reply.
so If my fiance has to apply for TRV then can she get it by showing that she wants to visit me and Im her friend?

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
anky2015 said:
Hi johnybegood, thanks for ur reply.
so If my fiance has to apply for TRV then can she get it by showing that she wants to visit me and Im her friend?
Probably better off to apply as a tourist with a tourist's itinerary.

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
simplyaddo said:
Probably better off to apply as a tourist with a tourist's itinerary.
Hi Simplyaddo, but she would need an invitation letter from someone. right?
Also she doesn't hv international travel history.
So isn't it better if I show an invitation letter for her.
Thanks for ur response.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
anky2015 said:
Hi Simplyaddo, but she would need an invitation letter from someone. right?
Also she doesn't hv international travel history.
So isn't it better if I show an invitation letter for her.
Thanks for ur response.
The invitation letter helps, but they look for strong ties back home and her own finances. Things like employment, property, lease, etc.

RamboJ

Aug 5, 2015
Hi.

My wife from India would like to apply for Visiting visa. She is currently employed in India.. I am in Ontario on a Bridging open work permit valid fr one year... Does she needs to show any leave letter from the employer for visiting visa??

What are the chances in getting a visit visa....? Can anyone provide some info.

Thanks.