+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for .....fam.....plz URGENT......

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Hello,
I am a student and applying TRV for my spouse..
What to mention in TRV form in column, name n address of person or institute for visit
It will be my name if they are accompanying me?????
Kindly advice

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Re: TRV for .....

And what to mention in the duration of stay for family?
Whole duration of program or 6 months????
Plz any one

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
When I applied for my dad, for the first institution I put in my University and mentioned "son's university" in relationship to applicant and for the second institution I had the name of the hotel my family would be staying.

How long is your family planning to stay when you go to Canada? In my case my dad is planning on staying for 2 weeks so I put that duration, provided a preliminary flight itinerary and hotel booking for 2 weeks..

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
anaqi said:
When I applied for my dad, for the first institution I put in my University and mentioned "son's university" in relationship to applicant and for the second institution I had the name of the hotel my family would be staying.

How long is your family planning to stay when you go to Canada? In my case my dad is planning on staying for 2 weeks so I put that duration, provided a preliminary flight itinerary and hotel booking for 2 weeks..
Thanks for the reply, it's helpful,,but
I am a mom n student,,,,so I want my kids n husband stay for the whole duration....so in that case????

Secondly, u said u mentioned 2 weeks visit duration for ur dad....but how much duration of visit visa was/is issued usually?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
You can apply for your children and your husband to stay for whole duration as long as you can show you can support them, that's pretty much the main thing they will be looking for. So on their applications you would put the duration of however long your program is. Keep in mind it depends on you showing the visa officer that you can support them financially through bank statements. See below how much you have to show in CAD to support yourself and your family, and how much they would be expecting to see:

Tuition + $10,000 (to support yourself for 1 year) + $4,000 (to support your husband for 1 year) + $3000 (to support one child for 1 year - multiply for how many children)

I got this from Section 3 on CIC website and i'm assuming you're not going to Quebec, it's couple thousand more if you are going to Quebec - cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp

I'm still waiting for Dad's application, it's currently still processing at the Abu Dhabi office. But from what i've read and heard they would usually either give a 6 month visa or for the duration of the passport, of course it comes down what the visa officer decides. But even if they issue a 6 month visa it won't be a big problem because you can apply for a visitor visa extension while in Canada and the application is done online and they take around 15-20 days to process extensions.