+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for Down Syndrome Brother-in-law

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are Permanent Residents of Canada and have been in Canada for a year now. We want to apply for Temporary Visitor Visa for my wife's mother, father and her brother who has down syndrome. He is independent and is able to perform daily activities by himself and does not require constant help. I am aware of the process to apply for Mother and Father-in-law but I wanted to know what all documents should I prepare to make this application stronger considering my Brother-in-laws medical condition.

Would really appreciate if you all can share your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks!

Nehit

Sep 11, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Me and my wife are Permanent Residents of Canada and have been in Canada for a year now. We want to apply for Temporary Visitor Visa for my wife's mother, father and her brother who has down syndrome. He is independent and is able to perform daily activities by himself and does not require constant help. I am aware of the process to apply for Mother and Father-in-law but I wanted to know what all documents should I prepare to make this application stronger considering my Brother-in-laws medical condition.

Would really appreciate if you all can share your experiences and suggestions.

Thanks!
Hi
M in the same situation. Did u apply for TRV? Did they get it? And what all documents r needed for down syndrome
Thanks

Vinit Hundare

Jul 2, 2017
Pune
Category........
FSW
Hi
M in the same situation. Did u apply for TRV? Did they get it? And what all documents r needed for down syndrome
Thanks
Hi,

I did apply for TRV. They approved the visa for my father in law and mother in law and rejected the visa for my brother in law who has downe syndrome. They stated the reason being that they are not confident he’ll return back. I’m figuring out a way to prove his ties to home country right now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Think you’ll need to be prepared to consider that may only the parents Will be able to come for a visit. Perhaps a freeing or family member can help the brother while the parents are away.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys. I’m in the situation for my brother. Were you able to get him a visa?
Looks like he has been rejected twice. Have you ordered GCMS notes? How long do they want to come to Canada? What kind of ties can he show as proof that he will return home? What about your mother? What is their home country?

ghkn0002

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
I did order the notes. They say the same things family ties. My mom’s visa is approved and but they won’t approve for my brother. They just would like to come for 3-4 months initially to see how and where I live. I have been in Canada for 9 years now. Very frustrating that my family is not allowed to visit me. They both live in India.
My mom owns a house and has a job back home and they will go back. She doesn’t want to stay for longer time.
Would you suggest any lawyer?
Should I apply for her permanent residency instead? I know somebody who can offer her a job

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did order the notes. They say the same things family ties. My mom’s visa is approved and but they won’t approve for my brother. They just would like to come for 3-4 months initially to see how and where I live. I have been in Canada for 9 years now. Very frustrating that my family is not allowed to visit me. They both live in India.
My mom owns a house and has a job back home and they will go back. She doesn’t want to stay for longer time.
Would you suggest any lawyer?
Should I apply for her permanent residency instead? I know somebody who can offer her a job
The fact that they want to stay for 3-4 months. means that their ties are not very strong. Most jobs do not allow you to leave for 3-4 months. Is your brother under 22? If not there are no guarantees he would get PR even if your mother got PR. The employer would need to get an LMIA showing that nobody in Canada can do the job and then get approved for a closed WP. You can try to use a lawyer but still no guarantees.