+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV fom within Canada transferred to NY!? Why?

HighPark

Nov 23, 2013
toronto30 said:
are you in NY now, how are you going to get back to Canada? I have advised not to go there unless 100% sure.
No, I didn't even leave Canada. They just sent me a letter saying my visa application has been refused.

I agree, i wouldn't consider going there unless 100% sure but the problem is you can never be sure because if they invite you they are inviting you for an interview.

Its kinda messed up situation and I do not know why would they even send application to NY if we are already in Canada.

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
toronto30 said:
there are very good chances not approving your TRV, otherwise they woudn't have sent to to NY. My advise would be, do not go until you 100% sure you are geiing it and there is no problem. I have had my interview in 2000 for PR in skilled category, and Visa Oficer's there are very rude and not co-operative and very strict. So think twice before you guys move. best of luck.
What do you mean by "100% sure you are getting it"? How can you be sure before the interview? There's no guaranty, is there?

chokra

May 15, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
08-04-2016
Med's Done....
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
HighPark said:
Just to let everyone know my visa was refused!
Sorry to hear this. However, could you please clarify if you went to NY for an interview? Did they tell you the reason for refusal of a TRV?
Were you able to re-enter Canada from New York and continue working here?
Thanks.

Samah Mostafa

Oct 17, 2013
Hello everyone ,
why did they refuse your re-entry visa ? you are holding already TWV until 2015 , what will you do ? I am in the same situation and I intend to apply for visitor visa after returning to my home country for vacation and back to my work

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Hi everyone,

I hold valid work permit until 2016 and because my visitor visa expired long time ago I applied for new TR visa to CPP Ottawa. I just want to go out of Canada, visit my family in Europe and come back.
Recently I received my passport back in the mail and letter saying in order to determine my admissibility to Canada, my application was transferred to NY and they will complete the processing. My passport has been returned to me in case I need to go to NY and have in-person interview and it is my responsibility to get USA visa.
My question is why do i need to go to NY to get my temporary resident visa if I am already in Canada? Have anyone had this situation before?
And what would happen if i leave Canada and not get Canadian visa, how I'm gonna return to Canada if work permit doesn't allow re-entry?

If anyone knows or have some thought on why they did this, please advise.

Thank you![

Rov

Apr 13, 2013
Hi! I would like to ask about ur case. I received my passport back today from Ottawa without visa stamp and they wrote a letter that my letter was sent to los angeles for final decision and interview is needed. They ask me to get a US visa. How in this world that they need to do that where in they can do it in Canada. I have a newborn and we r planning to go back in Philippines while I am on Maternity leave. My family and husband live in Philippines. Did you go to US? How they can guaranti to approve a trv so I can re enter Canada. Please reply. ThNks