+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Delay and emergency travel

Mar 30, 2021
Hi I'm on a temporary open work permit which got extended to Aug 10 2021 and I've applied for TRV from within Canada on Feb 18 2021 and the application is still on process , But I need to travel to India due to an emergency , So what should i do in this situation as i understand that i will not be able to travel back to canada without TRV. can i get the stamping done from india?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I'm on a temporary open work permit which got extended to Aug 10 2021 and I've applied for TRV from within Canada on Feb 18 2021 and the application is still on process , But I need to travel to India due to an emergency , So what should i do in this situation as i understand that i will not be able to travel back to canada without TRV. can i get the stamping done from india?
Yes but it may take a while. You will need to notify IRCC that you are no longer in Canada but in India due to a family emergency and you'd like to get stamping in India.

Reactions: sharmilasusanna

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Yes but it may take a while. You will need to notify IRCC that you are no longer in Canada but in India due to a family emergency and you'd like to get stamping in India.
I am in similar situation I applied on Jan 7 2021 and then travel to Pakistan due to family emergency. Yesterday I received letter from.ircc that as I am.in Pakistani they are transferring my file to Abu Dhabi office for further processing. I am worried, as I am stuck in backhome. Its already bee 87 days since I applied and now while they should be making a decision they are transferring it instead.

I wanna ask....will my file will be in queue in abu Dhabi office again ?

I checked general TRV processing time at abu Dhabi office and it shows as 413 days. Is that the time that would apply to me ? My bowp got approved recently until February 2022. Please advice me.

@canuck78
@caipsnotes

NuthanP

Jan 7, 2019
Hi Sharmila, can you please provide an update on this? Did you get your TRV?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in similar situation I applied on Jan 7 2021 and then travel to Pakistan due to family emergency. Yesterday I received letter from.ircc that as I am.in Pakistani they are transferring my file to Abu Dhabi office for further processing. I am worried, as I am stuck in backhome. Its already bee 87 days since I applied and now while they should be making a decision they are transferring it instead.

I wanna ask....will my file will be in queue in abu Dhabi office again ?

I checked general TRV processing time at abu Dhabi office and it shows as 413 days. Is that the time that would apply to me ? My bowp got approved recently until February 2022. Please advice me.

@canuck78
@caipsnotes
Should be shorter processing than the posted length because you qualify to travel. I would get your employer to send you a letter if your are needed back urgently at your job. That may help. Are you an essential worker if you can't work remotely?

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Should be shorter processing than the posted length because you qualify to travel. I would get your employer to send you a letter if your are needed back urgently at your job. That may help. Are you an essential worker if you can't work remotely?
Thanks. Yes you are right.

My trv was transferred to abu Dhabi office on April 13 due to change in residence and received ppr on April 15.