Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I’m curious as well.

I got married n September 2018. Then, I became pregnant straight away and in May, my husband applied for TRV. In July, the visa was granted. He was waiting on a job and since they haven’t replied, and that in the meantime I heard you can get owp with inland, i thought to apply for sponsorship. I want to do so this week but I don’t know if anyone has applied for sponsorship while their spouse has trv. His trv is valid until 2027 and he’s allowed to stay in the country until Jan 2020 but might have to travel out before. We have proof of cohabitation.

Vikiee

Nov 5, 2019
I got a TRV for wife. She is with me in Canada now and her inland PR VISA is being processed.
Hi KMKBALAMURUGAN,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. My fiance's TVR got refused due to ties in India. Now I have better documents to submit. We are getting married in August. Do you think its advisable to apply for TVR again? And does the refusal affect the inland PR application in anyway?

Thanks

KMKBALAMURUGAN

May 18, 2017
Hi KMKBALAMURUGAN,

I'm in a similar situation as yours. My fiance's TVR got refused due to ties in India. Now I have better documents to submit. We are getting married in August. Do you think its advisable to apply for TVR again? And does the refusal affect the inland PR application in anyway?

Thanks
TRV Denial can only delay (sometimes, but did not happen in my case) your wife’s PR processing. TRV denial does not mean PR would be denied. I would suggest trying again. Good luck

chotemiya3

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
I got a TRV for wife. She is with me in Canada now and her inland PR VISA is being processed.
Hi @KMKBALAMURUGAN, I read your posts and i am in the process of applying TRV for my spouse. We got married 1 month ago. I received my permanent residency in 2017 and did my landing then. I am moving to Canada in 2 months time and would like my wife to accompany me for the first few months. However after reading a lot of forum posts, it seems that the common consensus is that TRV is much harder to come by for spouses of Citizens and PRs as the suspicion is that the spouse will overstay their visa. Did you sponsor her TRV stating she is a spouse of a PR and it got approved without any issues? Thanks.