+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV at the airport?

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
What if I don't send my passport for stamping for TRV while I'm on work permit? Would they stamp it at the airport when I will enter from India and show them the letter of visa approval.
Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if I don't send my passport for stamping for TRV while I'm on work permit? Would they stamp it at the airport when I will enter from India and show them the letter of visa approval.
Thanks in advance.
No - they won't and can't.

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks scylla. I want to go to India but my visa expires on April 30. so I have to come back before that. What if I come back 2 days before my visa expires. I've applied for new TRV, waiting for passport request. It might take months but I need my passport to travel. What if I send my passport after I come back ( before 2 days when my visa would expire) . Would I be allowed to enter in Canada then?
Thanks

coolgal

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Thanks scylla. I want to go to India but my visa expires on April 30. so I have to come back before that. What if I come back 2 days before my visa expires. I've applied for new TRV, waiting for passport request. It might take months but I need my passport to travel. What if I send my passport after I come back ( before 2 days when my visa would expire) . Would I be allowed to enter in Canada then?
Thanks
Oh yes. They won't deny you entry as long as it's before the date of TRV expiry. Make sure you have a job offer letter as the airline won't let you fly without it.

Reactions: scylla

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Oh! thank you so much. I didn't know about the job offer. One more question, would I need extension on visa when I will be staying(after visa expires) in Canada while waiting new TRV response?

Lovy01

Oct 4, 2020
I am wondering about I have valid trv visa with student status but now I m on pgwp open work permit do i need to apply new trv sticker or can I travel india and return back with same student status.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am wondering about I have valid trv visa with student status but now I m on pgwp open work permit do i need to apply new trv sticker or can I travel india and return back with same student status.
If you have a PGWP, you are no longer a student and your study permit is invalid. When does your TRV expire? You most likely need a new TRV to enter Canada. So no you can’t travel to India and come back with your study permit/TRV.

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Check your passport, there will be an expiry date on visa stamp which you got when you first came to Canada. You need to apply for new TRV only that visa is expiring soon while you are going to India.
You need new stamp only if you are planning to leave Canada and come back and your previous visa is expired. If it is valid till the date you want to enter, you will be good.