+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV/ARC - What are the probabilities

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Hello, I have a question for whoever has been or knows a similar situation than mine.

I lived in Toronto from 2006 to 2009, I applied for refugee and was denied. However, I over stayed and was eventually deported to my country.

My sister now lives in Canada, she is a PR. She has had visitors this year from family members, our dad included. They have all gone to visit for a couple of weeks and been back with no issues. My sister is pregnant and I would love to go meet my nephew next year. My question is: What are the probabilities of getting a TRV approved?

I have been doing my research and I know I have to pay and submit an ARC, along with the TRV application, pay any fees they require, etc.

Has anybody been on the same or similar boat?
I am a bit hesitant as I have no family (spouse or children) of my own, but I do have a stable job back home. Aside from that I don't know what else they could focus on. And since our relatives have been visiting her this year, again, I thought they would take that into consideration that I will not be staying there and will comply as our family has.

If any one could shed some light on this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated. TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I have a question for whoever has been or knows a similar situation than mine.

I lived in Toronto from 2006 to 2009, I applied for refugee and was denied. However, I over stayed and was eventually deported to my country.

My sister now lives in Canada, she is a PR. She has had visitors this year from family members, our dad included. They have all gone to visit for a couple of weeks and been back with no issues. My sister is pregnant and I would love to go meet my nephew next year. My question is: What are the probabilities of getting a TRV approved?

I have been doing my research and I know I have to pay and submit an ARC, along with the TRV application, pay any fees they require, etc.

Has anybody been on the same or similar boat?
I am a bit hesitant as I have no family (spouse or children) of my own, but I do have a stable job back home. Aside from that I don't know what else they could focus on. And since our relatives have been visiting her this year, again, I thought they would take that into consideration that I will not be staying there and will comply as our family has.

If any one could shed some light on this matter, it'd be greatly appreciated. TIA
It's going to be low since you are a failed refugee claimant, you overstayed and we're then deported. That's a lot working against you. Having said that there is no harm in trying. You might get lucky. I would apply now. ARCs are taking a very long time to process these days. Good luck!

Reactions: Pumpkin92

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
It's going to be low since you are a failed refugee claimant, you overstayed and we're then deported. That's a lot working against you. Having said that there is no harm in trying. You might get lucky. I would apply now. ARCs are taking a very long time to process these days. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your reply!