+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV April Applicants

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mehrdadmf said:
Hi, today I received a reply on my email. As you said they mention that my application is under background verification . Once that is completed they can do further processing. However they haven't mention how long more it would take.
I guessed as much. And, I'm guessing your wife is an EU passport holder (and that's why her application didn't go through background checks).

Can't say how long background checks could take. Maybe from a few weeks to a few months. It depends on how quickly IRCC receives the information it has sought from third party sources

manstar85

Apr 26, 2017
Hello Fellow Members,

I am in Canada on a work permit which expires in October 2018 and have applied for an online TRV for my wife on 7th April
The TRV was applied on my behalf by my employer's lawyers and as such I am unable check the status online.

As the application was made through the help of lawyers the documentation was elaborate including my wife's bank statements, leave approval from her employer, my offer letter and proof of supporting funds.

I have been able to check the status through IRCC's automated voice system and it says that "the documents have been received".

My questions are:

1. what stages does the TRV application go through ? if it says that the documents have been received then typically how long will the IRCC take to make a decision on the application. ?

2. Has anyone else applied around that date and received a final decision yet ?

Appreciate any inputs on this.

Many Thanks

mehrdadmf

Apr 12, 2017
Bryanna said:
I guessed as much. And, I'm guessing your wife is an EU passport holder (and that's why her application didn't go through background checks).

Can't say how long background checks could take. Maybe from a few weeks to a few months. It depends on how quickly IRCC receives the information it has sought from third party sources
Actually we both are Iranian passport holders.

ibhdb

Oct 11, 2016
techiecsg said:
Hey guys, here's my data point:

Applied online on 14th April.
Got a passport request today (27th April).
Wow congrats.
its very quick.
can you please tell from which country did u apply.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
techiecsg said:
Thanks!
I applied at the New York office.
I take it this was a paper application. I also applied from the US (but online) on the 17th of April. Going by your timeline I'm expecting a response before the end of next week. I had to give biometrics and I also sent a CSE regarding a mistake in my application form. Hoping that doesn't slow things down. Waiting!

techiecsg

Jul 24, 2015
Hey, nope. I applied online. I misspoke when I said I applied at the New York office, I applied online in New York.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi all,

My parents got rejection today for TRV application within 6days of submission.

Reasons:
1. Not leave Canada after end of visit,
2. Travel History,
3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

Brief overview of application:
1. Travel history: My parents have a visit to Saudia Arabia in 2009, mentioned that in schedule-1 and they came back in time(mentioned in explanation letters). In addition to this in 1980's my father visited Canada for 10 weeks and went back(mentioned this visit in explanation letter only with pictures of old passport because it is more than 20 years old).
2. Finance : Showed good funds with present employment earnings.
3. Relationship with me: showed passport and my birth certificate.
4. Purpose of visit: showed official university invitation for parents.
5. Invitation letter: i wrote a letter addressing every thing mentioned on cic website for invitation letter. I am working full time in NOC B, renting a 2 bedroom apartment, etc....
6. Ties back home: My dad took letter from present employer and get it printed with a leave of 3 weeks, tax paying certificate, salary stubs, pension letters. My brother lives in Pakistan, showed his attachment with dad, my dad own some property showed rent of them,etc

I am fail to understand why my parents got rejection and both father&mother got same reasons.

I will appreciate your help in this case.

Thank you

goodluck55

Sep 17, 2014
Bryanna said:
Hi,

You've misunderstood the 'question mark' or the Help feature. This is a generic explanation to help anyone to understand what to expect at the 'Final decision' stage.

Your application is still under processing. A final decision has not been taken as yet.

If your application is likely to get approved, you will receive a passport request.... after you submit your passport/TRV is stamped, the 'Final decision' status will change to 'Approved/closed'

Cheers

Well I have applied for my inlaws on March 23rd, one person got the PPR, but the other dint received yet. Don't understand the dependant has been asked to submit the PP, but main applicant is still in progress

Apr 28, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I have applied TRV for my parents on April 05 from India. I haven't heard anything after my submission.... I am little concerned now as Processing time shows 20 days and it has already been 24 days.... Is the delay ok or something to worry about????

Anyone else who applied on April 05 from India and received Passport Request?

Please advise.

alihussanusa

Apr 23, 2017
dear Sir
still waiting for my reply please help !!!!!!
My brother went to Canada 1 year back and he got the Visit visa somehow he got work permit, now when i told him i am going to USA
then via Car i will come visit to Vancouver he said most welcome remember my brother is leaving in Ontario but he don't want me to mention his name in Family Information [IMM 5406] or his address,
since he said they have my record and they may said that you may do like me so they will refused your visa even do my intention is just Visit to Canada, i have invitation from USA and i have meeting related to my company Business in USA, first i will travel to USA then canada then again USA and back from USA to Bahrain, so please do advice me what shell i do, in this case.

Last thing me & my family have USA non immigrant visa shell we apply all together or i will apply my self then apply for them what you advice, Thanks

AKV

Oct 15, 2013
Hi All,

I applied TRV for my mother-in-Law on 18Th April online and still waiting for passport request, online it shows (Submission Confirmation - April 18, 2017 12:48:56 a.m. EDT) under subject column, could you please confirm if they started processing or not, I can see few member mentioned status as "In-Progress". So my status will change to "In-Progress" first before completion.

Can someone please confirm what are all the Status they will change from beginning to completion of the application. Thank you.

Regards,
AKV