+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV APPROVED - Passport Request Letter Not Yet Received

SIEA

Nov 27, 2019
Hi, me and my 2 kids paper based trv applications got approved since Nov 25th 2019 (received bio letter on 24th Nov) as per GCKey account status shows:
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details"

but still we didn't get any letter in GCKey account nor received any email. Yesterday I hv already sent webform and email to Abu Dhabi embassy. Did anyone here who faced the same experienced and how he/she solved or how long does it take normally to receive letter. Thanks

monitunde

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi, me and my 2 kids paper based trv applications got approved since Nov 25th 2019 (received bio letter on 24th Nov) as per GCKey account status shows:
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details"

but still we didn't get any letter in GCKey account nor received any email. Yesterday I hv already sent webform and email to Abu Dhabi embassy. Did anyone here who faced the same experienced and how he/she solved or how long does it take normally to receive letter. Thanks
Hello, congratulations on your approval so resend the web form with capital letter URGENT as the subject while the body of the letter should bd in details.... Please kindly share your timeline to help is here

Krish121089

Aug 20, 2019
It's fine we dont hv problem to wait but what I heard that we hv to submit passport in 30 days from the date of approval and that's a worrying part
Don't worry. It is from the date when you received the letter not from the date when it was approved.

SIEA

Nov 27, 2019
Do you have personal experience or any other member share previously?
Why I said 30 days from the decision date because in my husband case he got bio conformation letter on Nov 18 and as soon he received he told me that decision has been made so result would come within minutes to few days and next day Nov 19 he got 1 ghost message (application has been updated) and after 2 hours he received message "
Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your message below" and there was PP submission letter link. (PP submission Letter date was Nov 18 whereas he received letter on GCKEY on Nov 19)
But in my case I got bio letter on Nov 24 and next day Nov 25 received 1 ghost message (application updated) and after few hours final decision (I didn't receive any 2nd message but i can see online under final decision) it says "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" wording is changed instead of Check message below it says we will send u letter or email.. so this is the reason I'm worried if system will generate the letter then it could be from the date of bio or decision date and in this case after 30 days our applications will be consider as refused as it was mentioned on my husband letter that
"Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application"

So if there's anyone on this forum who faced such issue then kindly share his/her experience and how they solved it. Thanks

RAVE-2022

Jul 24, 2022
Do you have personal experience or any other member share previously?
Why I said 30 days from the decision date because in my husband case he got bio conformation letter on Nov 18 and as soon he received he told me that decision has been made so result would come within minutes to few days and next day Nov 19 he got 1 ghost message (application has been updated) and after 2 hours he received message "
Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your message below" and there was PP submission letter link. (PP submission Letter date was Nov 18 whereas he received letter on GCKEY on Nov 19)
But in my case I got bio letter on Nov 24 and next day Nov 25 received 1 ghost message (application updated) and after few hours final decision (I didn't receive any 2nd message but i can see online under final decision) it says "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details" wording is changed instead of Check message below it says we will send u letter or email.. so this is the reason I'm worried if system will generate the letter then it could be from the date of bio or decision date and in this case after 30 days our applications will be consider as refused as it was mentioned on my husband letter that
"Your passport must be received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application"

So if there's anyone on this forum who faced such issue then kindly share his/her experience and how they solved it. Thanks
hi, I am facing with the same issue can u please help me with how did u over come from this problem .
- Do you've been received a Pass request by letter or email?
- How long did it take to arrive if you received the letter from the post office?

Reactions: Sukhubhi

husseinmehdi11

Aug 5, 2019
Hi I was approved for pgwp and now I need to apply for new trv as mine has expired. After I applied I recieved from ircc after a month that my application is cancelled because its not the right application. Can someone help me finding the right application to apply for as I tried to call ircc but due to high volume of calls they are not responding.
Thank you