+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Approved in India...is stamping possible in USA ... 30 days passed

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
Hi all,

I had applied for my father's visitor visa on 6, October 2021 and got approval on Feb 14, 2022 for passport submission in New Delhi VAC. His biometrics were done in India only. My father, in the meantime had traveled to USA to stay with my sister and her family and is currently there.

Is it possible to get his visa stamped in USA VAC instead of New Delhi VAC? We have contacted IRCC via phone call and the agent told us to do webform. We submitted webform and have not yet got any response. Already 30 days submission deadline has passed today. Any suggestion what else can we do?

If anyone has faced similar situation, can they please guide what have they done and what was the final outcome?

Thanks in advance.

Bharatiy

Mar 17, 2022
Did you get any reply ? Is stamping possible in US ? I have reapplied in December and waiting for the approval . I will be going to US in April but worried that I may not get the approval before that. It will be a great relief if stamping is possible in US. So please update your father’s stamping status

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@Bharatiy I have not received any replies yet. I have tried to contact other people in the forum who have posted similar problem, but no one replied back. They have not even posted what is the resolution to their problem. Somehow some people seem to stop caring once they get the help they need. Frankly I dont know what to do and I am waiting to hear back.

If there is any update, I will definitely post here.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@canuck78 Ya.... Its already past 30 days for the approval letter and almost 4 weeks have passed since we did the webforms.... we are very anxious and stressed that hopefully they dont cancel his approval......

My father can maximum stay in USA till June, but after that he will be forced to go to India if he doesnt gets TRV approved and in these Covid times, I dont want him to be alone in India.......

I understand that IRCC has lots of work and got majorly backed up due to Covid, especially with Ukrainians crisis now, earlier it was Afgan, before that it was Syria .... I just hope that they speed up resolution for people who have already submitted their applications by hiring more people......

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Ya.... Its already past 30 days for the approval letter and almost 4 weeks have passed since we did the webforms.... we are very anxious and stressed that hopefully they dont cancel his approval......

My father can maximum stay in USA till June, but after that he will be forced to go to India if he doesnt gets TRV approved and in these Covid times, I dont want him to be alone in India.......

I understand that IRCC has lots of work and got majorly backed up due to Covid, especially with Ukrainians crisis now, earlier it was Afgan, before that it was Syria .... I just hope that they speed up resolution for people who have already submitted their applications by hiring more people......
You should hear soon. If you contacted IRCC during the initial 30 days to change stamping location you should be fine.

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@canuck78 .. Yes we contacted IRCC, ourselves (applicant) and our legal representative (who filed on our behalf) ... both of us have done webforms before 30 days expired...... the response which our legal representative got was very generic, looked like auto generated without any relevant detail of if we can submit passport in New York VAC.... for ourselves (applicant) we havent heard back from IRCC on our webforms yet ....

Bharatiy

Mar 17, 2022
Did you receive any response from IRCC ? What is the status ?Hope your father gets his stamping done at US vo

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@Bharatiy No we have not gotten any response till now.... we are planning to wait for this week and see if we get any response....else we will just send the passport to VAC.....we dont know what else to do....no body is responding...no one is picking up phone in India/NY VAC..... worse they can return it without stamping.......

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@canuck78

I am getting confused for using the two way courier service for visitor visa (TRV) stamping in USA for my father. My father's visa has been approved and I need to send the passport for visa stamping. We havent got any response from IRCC on the webforms.... we will send the passport anyway to VAC....if they dont stamp it, they will send it back and thats ok....

After going to the link https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services and clicking to the registered user link for 2 way courier services, I created login for my father. After logging in

1. Here on the left side of screen, I have to click on "Buy Two way Courier FedEx labels" . After clicking on it.
2. The screen asks to Select Center and to select application category. I choose "Los Angeles", however the selection for application category is confusing me. There the options to be chosen are "Original Passport Submission" or "PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) or "Temporary Resident Visa"

My question is which option should I choose for TRV stamping? We have to send the passport to VFS for TRV stamping ---- should we select "Original Passport Submission" or "Temporary Resident Visa"? Can you clarify please?

Snehith

Jul 25, 2013
@aspirecanada2021 We are also in a similar boat. My father is in the USA and his Visitor Visa applied in India is still in process. Once visa approved, can we get the passport stamped in the USA?

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@Snehith - We had submitted my father's passport to LA VFS and are waiting to receive the passport and check it if they have stamped the visa or not..... LA VFS is very fast and looks like they have already sent the passport back and is in transit.... I will be able to give final update in few days only....

Snehith

Jul 25, 2013
@aspirecanada2021 Good to hear a quick reply from you. Should we need to contact IRCC to get this facility? Appreciate it if you can let me know the procedure you followed?

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@Snehith - We tried to contacted IRCC via webforms, emailed to vfs, high commission in India etc..... all the replies which we got seemed generic and "auto replies" ...we never got any clear reply..... we went ahead and sent in on our risk....worse come to worse, VFS will return the unstamped passport......we will find out in a day or two and I can update here .......

But in the interest of following the process ....I strongly suggest that you do submit webforms to Delhi and ottawa regarding contact information change etc....

Also if you go to website https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/apply-visa and select "Submit passports and other documents" tab, and read there ... it mentions
"You’ll have to pay a Package Transmission service charge while submitting additional documents and/or passport at any Canada Visa Application Centre, unless you visit the same Canada Visa Application Centre where you had initially submitted your biometric information and have not previously submitted additional documents and/or passport to support your current application. "
This gives us some justification to send the passport to the place where we had NOT submitted biometric ie in USA and we did included the demand draft of $xxxx in the package sent to VFS.... the xxxx amount and to whom it will be payable was mentioned in the appointment letter generated after we generated Fedex labels for 2 way courier service.....

I dont know typical work around time....we sent to LA office since based on the comments in this forum, LA office seems to be fast........ for us turn around has been less than a week since passport is already in transit back from VFS LA ... wether it has been stamped or not, we will know in a day or two.....