+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV approved from inside Canada and applied in 2021?

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
My parents applied for TRV (from India) on 9th October on the new IRCC portal. They got request for biometrics the next day (10th October) and completed biometrics on 25th October. Since then, there has been no update.
1. Should I be counting the 15/30 days waiting period from date of submission of application or date of completion of biometrics?
2. Also, I had read in another thread that applicants are submitting an additional form or something to indicate that they are fully vaccinated and are eligible to travel immediately. Not sure if this helps only GIC portal applicants or also helps IRCC portal applicants. Should we be submitting this as well for them to even consider picking up the application for processing?

While my parents are not planning on travelling in the next 2/3 months, I am wondering if the delay in processing the application is an indication of something wrong with the application. At present, eligibility review has not even started. Any help or pointers is highly appreciated.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
My parents applied for TRV (from India) on 9th October on the new IRCC portal. They got request for biometrics the next day (10th October) and completed biometrics on 25th October. Since then, there has been no update.
1. Should I be counting the 15/30 days waiting period from date of submission of application or date of completion of biometrics?
2. Also, I had read in another thread that applicants are submitting an additional form or something to indicate that they are fully vaccinated and are eligible to travel immediately. Not sure if this helps only GIC portal applicants or also helps IRCC portal applicants. Should we be submitting this as well for them to even consider picking up the application for processing?

While my parents are not planning on travelling in the next 2/3 months, I am wondering if the delay in processing the application is an indication of something wrong with the application. At present, eligibility review has not even started. Any help or pointers is highly appreciated.
1. 30 business days after biometrics, this is just an estimate looks like they are not able to respect this timeline anymore.
2. Travel exemption form is not required anymore, just attach proof of vaccine to your application.

sunil238

Star Member
May 7, 2018
1. 30 business days after biometrics, this is just an estimate looks like they are not able to respect this timeline anymore.
2. Travel exemption form is not required anymore, just attach proof of vaccine to your application.
Proof of vaccination is already attached in the application but IRCC will get to see that only when they open the application.
Also I just found out that a friend of mine applied for TRV from India using GIC portal in October and then just provided travel exemption form after biometrics completion. He got PPR immediately the next day after submission of travel exemption form. Dont know if this is a norm or just a one off extremely lucky case.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Proof of vaccination is already attached in the application but IRCC will get to see that only when they open the application.
Also I just found out that a friend of mine applied for TRV from India using GIC portal in October and then just provided travel exemption form after biometrics completion. He got PPR immediately the next day after submission of travel exemption form. Dont know if this is a norm or just a one off extremely lucky case.
I don't think IRCC would respond that quickly to a travel exemption form. May be it was just a coincidence.

gopisihmt

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Has anyone gotten their TRV approved from inside Canada and applied in 2021. If so, how long did it take to get approved, and how long does a passport stamping take? I really need to travel to India in Jan and I haven't heard back on my application since Aug 3rd. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO HERE. I've already sent multiple web forms but no response.
I applied my TRV inside canada on October 13th 2021 and received PPR request on November 12th 2021 now I’m waiting for my passport to get stamped from Ottawa,,