+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV approved but passport received without stamp!!

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I have a valid open work permit but my multientry visa is expired.

I travelled to Colombia last month and I applied online from there for temporary resident visa to return to Canada. It was approved the next day, and I received a message from CIC to submit the passport to complete the process. I did it, and one week later I received my passport without any Visa!! Moreover, there wasn't any letter explaining why there was no visa on it... I have also checked the CIC application and nothing has changed.

Any idea of what has happened? What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
One more data. In the online application I paid for the biometrics but in the application it is said that I do not need the biometrics. Since I am applying from outside Canada, would it be necessary to give the biometrics, even if I submitted them for my first TRV? It may be the cause of sending back my passport without the visa...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi,

I have a valid open work permit but my multientry visa is expired.

I travelled to Colombia last month and I applied online from there for temporary resident visa to return to Canada. It was approved the next day, and I received a message from CIC to submit the passport to complete the process. I did it, and one week later I received my passport without any Visa!! Moreover, there wasn't any letter explaining why there was no visa on it... I have also checked the CIC application and nothing has changed.

Any idea of what has happened? What can I do?

Thanks for your help!
Contact the embassy and ask for verification of the result in case it was a clerical error.

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
Do you mean an error in the online application result? Is it possible that the decission that appears in the online application is correct but they sent to me the passport "forgetting" the stamp?!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Do you mean an error in the online application result? Is it possible that the decission that appears in the online application is correct but they sent to me the passport "forgetting" the stamp?!
Yes, I think the latter might be the case. That is weird, though, because I always thought the result only goes to "approved" after stamping is completed. Do you have a document/counterfoil number under "document status" in your MyCIC account?

PS: Did you double and triple-check your passport? I also got my passport back from the US consulate recently, without any letter, and I panicked when I was flipping through my passport and I couldn't find the US visa counterfoil. I thought my visa was suddenly denied, only to find out they'd affixed it on the left side of the passport.

Last edited:

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
The decission online says: "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details"

Then, I submitted the passport and I received it without the visa on it...

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
The decission online says: "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details"

Then, I submitted the passport and I received it without the visa on it...
What about under document status, is there anything? I also edited my reply above.

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
What about under document status, is there anything? I also edited my reply above.

There is not document status section. I guess it is because it can not be finished without the passport. However, in the section "Application status" it reads "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Actually I paid for the biometrics and I have not received any letter to send them. I thought this was normal, since this is my second TRV, although I am applying from Colombia. Do you think is this normal?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
There is not document status section. I guess it is because it can not be finished without the passport. However, in the section "Application status" it reads "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Actually I paid for the biometrics and I have not received any letter to send them. I thought this was normal, since this is my second TRV, although I am applying from Colombia. Do you think is this normal?
Not familiar with processes with biometrics, but it's just weird that there is no other communication regarding what you should do next. It's also possible they'd meant to send you the biometrics request but sent you the passport request letter instead. That's why you should contact the visa office for further instructions and clarification.

Jul 19, 2019
I also received my passport without stamp on it and they said they sent an email but I've got no message in my email yet. I'm still scared now.can someone help me?

jjomiste

Apr 7, 2018
Contact the Visa office. In my case I had to submit the passport again because they "simply" forgot to put the stamp before sending it back to me...