+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied online from Texas taking way longer.

amonga

Dec 10, 2016
Hi All ,
My brother and sister-in-law live in texas.They were planning to visit us here in Toronto on Christmas.
They applied online on 16th November 2016. Processing time is 21days but they still haven't got anything from cic.
When I called at the call centre they told me the application would have gone to LA office.
Why is it taking so much time at that office. We have applied TRV in the past from Canada, from India but it never took that long..It seems like they won't be able to visit us now..Does anyone else applied TRV from u.s recently. Please share details.

Thanks

alaa_elsisi

Nov 21, 2016
amonga said:
Hi All ,
My brother and sister-in-law live in texas.They were planning to visit us here in Toronto on Christmas.
They applied online on 16th November 2016. Processing time is 21days but they still haven't got anything from cic.
When I called at the call centre they told me the application would have gone to LA office.
Why is it taking so much time at that office. We have applied TRV in the past from Canada, from India but it never took that long..It seems like they won't be able to visit us now..Does anyone else applied TRV from u.s recently. Please share details.

Thanks
I am waiting since Aug 8th, I applied for temporary work permit and TRV.

amonga

Dec 10, 2016
Got their passport request on 12th December..Sent them the same day. Waiting for passports to come back..Hopefully they would make it ..Fingers Crossed !!

Loop

Nov 22, 2016
alaa_elsisi said:
I am waiting since Aug 8th, I applied for temporary work permit and TRV.

Me too, I applied for a study permit on Oct 14, no updates yet. What kind of visa did you applied for?