+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in July 2018

vivcomper

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Posting on behalf of friend
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have applied TRV online on July 25 and got my UCI generated on July 26.After that no updates on my account.Does anyone know if CIC has started processing July 25 applications.

Thanks

imjenjenjen

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Posting on behalf of friend
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have applied TRV online on July 25 and got my UCI generated on July 26.After that no updates on my account.Does anyone know if CIC has started processing July 25 applications.

Thanks
Hi,

From which country is your friend applying? Any updates?

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Applied at VFS - July 19th
Received at CVO - July 20th
Where - New Delhi VFS
Method - Paper
Link to Online Account - 2nd Aug
Status - In Progress, Eligibility review not started yet.

by when the decision would be taken.. any idea?

pappupilla

Jul 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

I applied for a TRV online on july 20th and received confirmation on the same day. the application number and UCI number are also generated two after that on the same day. The status also changed to 'Reviewing the eligibility requirements'. But nothing after that for almost two weeks and then yesterday on 6th August i received a 'Visitor Acknowledgement Letter' from Delhi which essentially had the same UCI and Application number details and the 'application in progress - review of eligibility' kind of stuff that i saw on the first day. There is nothing new in that. Why did i receive this now? So should i consider the 28 days of processing time from now or from the first day of my online submission when i received the application number and UCI along with the status update? I am confused.. :(

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

I applied for a TRV online on july 20th and received confirmation on the same day. the application number and UCI number are also generated two after that on the same day. The status also changed to 'Reviewing the eligibility requirements'. But nothing after that for almost two weeks and then yesterday on 6th August i received a 'Visitor Acknowledgement Letter' from Delhi which essentially had the same UCI and Application number details and the 'application in progress - review of eligibility' kind of stuff that i saw on the first day. There is nothing new in that. Why did i receive this now? So should i consider the 28 days of processing time from now or from the first day of my online submission when i received the application number and UCI along with the status update? I am confused.. :(
You applied paper based or online?

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hi Guys,

There is nothing worry about here. A lot applicants receiving this second email which looked like same first acknowledgement email. CIC trying to ease out the process by keeping communication ongoing with the applicant when they have a lot of applications. People tend to get impatience and start calling/sending emails to VFS for inquiring so they are just letting you know they are working on it. Just sit tight and wait.

If anyone has linked their paper application to online account they would notice it would send similar emails without any status change. Sometime it happens because visa officer updated notes in the background of your application which is not visible to us.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
I also received second acknowledgement email
Application submitted - 13th July
Acknowledgement email - 27th July
Second email - August 6th

szaidi3

Aug 7, 2018
Hi,
I applied for TRV from Lahore Pakistan. I applied for TRV on 11th july. I am a doctor and working in a renowned hospital.
Therefore I possess good employment history. I am married (nikkah only) and living with my mother and other family members. Therefore I have good social ties. My purpose of visit was to attend a medical conference. The whole trip was funded including travel ticket, accommodation and registration fee. However I attached my own bank statements, husband's cover letter and bank statement, an affidavit explaining whole purpose of visit. I possess good travel history with multiple entries in Schengen areas
Today my visa was rejected on the following grounds.
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:
-Travel history
-Family ties in Canada and in country of residence
-Purpose of visit
-I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

Can anyone please explain?

pappupilla

Jul 27, 2018
There is nothing worry about here. A lot applicants receiving this second email which looked like same first acknowledgement email. CIC trying to ease out the process by keeping communication ongoing with the applicant when they have a lot of applications. People tend to get impatience and start calling/sending emails to VFS for inquiring so they are just letting you know they are working on it. Just sit tight and wait.

If anyone has linked their paper application to online account they would notice it would send similar emails without any status change. Sometime it happens because visa officer updated notes in the background of your application which is not visible to us.
thanks a lot.. :)

Aaram

Jul 30, 2018
Hi
I applied for TRV ON July 4 chennai via paper application . I got an email the next day that it is been processed in Bangalore with my tracking id. I did not get any UCI Number . Can anyone help on this.

Hammer

Oct 9, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2016
Nomination.....
15-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
File Transfer...
18-03-2016
Med's Request
01-09-2016
Med's Done....
13-09-2016
Passport Req..
02-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2016
LANDED..........
13-12-2016
Hi
I applied for TRV ON July 4 chennai via paper application . I got an email the next day that it is been processed in Bangalore with my tracking id. I did not get any UCI Number . Can anyone help on this.
Did you apply yourself or there was an agent involved?

UCI number and Application number is mentioned in Acknowledgement letter which is sent to the email provided on application form. Please double check the email address.

Besides this there are few people here who did not get any of the email since application submitted so it is not something unique and you should not worry about it.

pappupilla

Jul 27, 2018
hi guys,

Just received the application update on my TRV. It's rejected :(.
the timeline is :

Online Application Submission: 21st July
Received : 22nd July
Acknowledgement , application number and UCI : 22nd July
Decision: Refused - 08th august.

The rejection letter is sent from CPC-Ottawa.

Reasons for rejection:
1. Travel History - this is the obvious thing. I had Maldivies and Singapore stamps in my passport. nothing else.
2. Financial status - this is confusing. I am a software engineer working in a MNC for the past four years and submitted the employer letter, leave letter for the duration of trip(8 days), pay slips and last 3 years of income tax returns. Also i showed my property documents, 5000 CAD in my bank account and bank statements for the past 6 months. I even submitted my husband's employment and income proofs from Canada. we showed round trip air tickets as well. now its gonna be hell cancelling those.
3. Purpose of visit - i think this one is also a reason eventhough i mentioned it's a short visit of 8 days to celebrate our first marriage anniversary together and we submitted all kinds of proofs to ensure my return to india.

I am not sure what to do now. Just ordered the GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons for refusal. Once I receive it, may be i will try and update my documentation according to that and reapply for the TRV again. I have my PR in progress and it's going to take for ever and the TRV got rejected.
It's is a serious blow for our plans. we have to cancel all the hotel, resort and flight bookings. :( :( :(