+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in January 2018 Please share ur status

SK49

Apr 10, 2018
Dear experienced fellows,
I am from Karachi Pakistan and have been requested to appear for a medical examination. My query is that I submitted my passport with CIC and now the IOM karachi wants a copy of passport for verification, which I do not have. kindly guide me regarding this matter.

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
When i applied on 27 april processing time was 18 days, now its 21 days. I have not seen any change in status after 2 initial mails.

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Hey everyone,

Our family application for TRV says Background check: in process from day 1.even before submitting biometrics.
I haven’t found anyone on the forum that had the same case , I’ve noticed mostly people get not applicable.
This is bumming us out since Background checks take forever.
Anyone got background checks in process and changed a couple of days later?

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hey everyone,

Our family application for TRV says Background check: in process from day 1.even before submitting biometrics.
I haven’t found anyone on the forum that had the same case , I’ve noticed mostly people get not applicable.
From where did you applied ? BGC can take 15-150 days, generally done in cases of Military or police job personnel. For Pakistan national its common.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey everyone,

It depends on the passport you hold. If you hold a passport issued by Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, etc. then background checks are possible. Most Indian passport holders do not have background checks unless s/he has worked in a critical work area

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
It depends on the passport you hold. If you hold a passport issued by Pakistan, Bangladesh, Iran, etc. then background checks are possible. Most Indian passport holders do not have background checks unless s/he has worked in a critical work area
Well .. Im Egyptian and I’m not sure how that would be different than any other nationality you’ve mentioned.
An update on our application in the eligibility: went from in process to reviewing your eligibility.

preetiSOMAL

Jul 2, 2013
Hey everyone,

Applied for parents on 17th Jan.. still in background check

Reactions: Zigzag85

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
Background checks could be because of your nationality and/or the countries you have traveled to or lived in
Do you know if it’s possible to apply for a work permit while our TRVs are processing?? Or should we withdrawal our application?