+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in April 2018 (India)

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Hi All,

Had applied for TRV for myself and my family (Wife, Son (1 year old), father and mother) through paper application (offline) at VFS New Delhi. Had deposited the application on 25/04/2018. On 08/05/2018 have got the TRV for all of us till the expiry of our passports.

During the process, did not received any single email from the IRCC regarding AOR or application number, therefore, wasn't able to link my application to cic and had to rely on the VFS website for the update.

All of us, except for my son (He only had visa for Spain till now) have a good travel history to Europe, USA and lot of Asian countries, and have valid US visa, but still did not applied under CAN+ as my son did not had US visa.

The whole process of submitting the paper application and collecting the passports back took total 13 calendar days and 8 working days, which i think is pretty quick, as i have been reading here, that people still waiting for their applications submitted since early March.

Wish good luck to everybody who are waiting for their applications and applying soon.

Cheers!!!
Your travel history is the reason for quickie. Otherwise for freshers its at least 25-30 days. I applied online 27 april and nothing whatsoever changed in status as i check.

pawandeep526

May 9, 2018
i applied 1 may and 2 may forward to new delhi embassy
4 may i received mail new delhi embassy Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application. We have received your application and it is currently in process. plz tell me anyone

Ankit1986

May 1, 2018
Hello Ankit,

I would like to know how did you apply, through my cic or Vfs website?
How did you submit your passport for stamp? Please guide? I have applied for my sister visitor visa through my cic website.
Hi I applied on Paper for some and online for others. Please ask what specific you wanna know? Happy to help

Ankit1986

May 1, 2018
Hi Ankit

Today, on tracking through VFS i saw this message
Visa application, tracking ID No.xxxxxxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office NEW DELHI, on 08/05/2018 to the Canada Visa Application Centre and is ready for collection. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website

It means, it has left the embassy and should reach VFS New Delhi tomorrow. Will get it collected.

This was pretty quick as i still have not received any email from IRCC regarding application number or UCI number, application was submitted at VFS New Delhi on 25/04/2018.
Hurray!!

Finally. Got email today. The approval happened yesterday.
Thanks Bryanna.

I guess Tuesday is the day.
Now my timeline. Applied for 7 offline in Delhi VFS on 26 April, which were submitted at embassy next day (normal timeline).

On 8 May all these passports are ready for pickup at VFS Delhi, superb timeline I must say.

I submitted another 2 on 1May (this time online), and I suppose this has to be a record got email next day within 36 hours for Passports.

Couldn't post this yesterday as I was travelling and had no phone on me(you guys won't believe how agonised I was thru the day, until Monday I was checking the CIC site every 3-4 hours, and going thru all threads here too)

Once again thanks for bearing with me and my never stopping questions.

Based on my 2 applications I believe they post results every Tuesday. Other seniors can guide here.

Reactions: Mrmoody90

Mrmoody90

May 25, 2017
Congrats bro
Hurray!!

Thanks Bryanna.

Now my timeline. Applied for 7 offline in Delhi VFS on 26 April, which were submitted at embassy next day (normal timeline).

On 8 May all these passports are ready for pickup at VFS Delhi, superb timeline I must say.

I submitted another 2 on 1May (this time online), and I suppose this has to be a record got email next day within 36 hours for Passports.

Couldn't post this yesterday as I was travelling and had no phone on me(you guys won't believe how agonised I was thru the day, until Monday I was checking the CIC site every 3-4 hours, and going thru all threads here too)

Based on my 2 applications I believe they post results every Tuesday. Other seniors can guide here.

Nimma78

May 20, 2017
Hurray!!

Thanks Bryanna.

Pretty quick. Congrats

TMoon

May 16, 2017
Hello Everyone

I had applied for visitor visa online from India for my mom on 4th April. Got PPR on 30th April. Submitted passport on 1st May and recieved it on 8th May.
My mom had no travel history but what worked for us is that we wrote a strong letter of explanation. We made it a point to explain any small discrepancy also since it shows that we have put efforts in making the application. Also made a detailed purpose of visit itinerary. Presented strong ties to India as my father and brother are there. I am not working so my husband and I both signed the Invitation letter and showed husband's bank statment and payslips and job letter. I am pregnant but did not mention that at all just stated that mom would visit me and visit few places around. From our side we did not have a lot of bank balance but showed what we could. I would like to thank Bryanna as she had advised me sometime back not to mention my pregnancy and that worked so I am very thankful.

All the best to others and hope it works out for each and everyone of you.

pawandeep526

May 9, 2018
4 may i received mail new delhi embassy Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application. We have received your application and it is currently in process. plz tell me bryanna

Annu.guj

Nov 2, 2017
Applied for daughter’s Visitor Visa on 10th April throught VFS Ahmedabad. Since that the status is “visa being processed at Bangalore” its been a month now. Getting restless now. Already had to cancel ticket booked for 7th. Any idea y such delay.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Everyone

I had applied for visitor visa online from India for my mom on 4th April. Got PPR on 30th April. Submitted passport on 1st May and recieved it on 8th May.
My mom had no travel history but what worked for us is that we wrote a strong letter of explanation. We made it a point to explain any small discrepancy also since it shows that we have put efforts in making the application. Also made a detailed purpose of visit itinerary. Presented strong ties to India as my father and brother are there. I am not working so my husband and I both signed the Invitation letter and showed husband's bank statment and payslips and job letter. I am pregnant but did not mention that at all just stated that mom would visit me and visit few places around. From our side we did not have a lot of bank balance but showed what we could. I would like to thank Bryanna as she had advised me sometime back not to mention my pregnancy and that worked so I am very thankful.

All the best to others and hope it works out for each and everyone of you.
Truly happy for you. Glad your mom will be with you when you need her

Take care :)

Reactions: TMoon

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
4 may i received mail new delhi embassy Thank you for the time you have taken to complete your application. We have received your application and it is currently in process. plz tell me bryanna
You've applied last week. It's not possible to guess how long it could take to process your application