+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied in April 2018 (India)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
as you have stayed there what is your experience about working on TRV visa..i mean that getting cash work in toronto or brampton is easy or not...bcoz i am getting mix views on this from sources
If you want to work illegally when you're visiting then stay where you are. Canada does not need you.

You cannot work as a visitor on your TRV. Period.

If you think you can bend the rules, you are really mistaken. Guess this is your first trip abroad to a Western country.

It is illegal and the consequences will affect your entire future not just for Canada but for any other country. First, the chances of finding "under the table" work are almost zero. Also, you won't find work because you won't have a SIN to work.

Also, no employer will risk hiring someone illegally because s/he can get penalized heavily along with a prison term.

If your intention is to work illegally then try it. How long you can stay undetected is a good question you need to ask yourself. And when you're caught, expect to be arrested and deported. That would pretty much end your travel plans as a visitor (leave aside plans to work legally or illegally) anywhere else in most countries.

If you think you have what it takes to become a worker in Canada then you first need to find a Canadian employer who is willing to go through the hoops to get an LMIA approved. Basically, it needs to be proved that there are no Canadians to do the job. This is almost impossible/very difficult. You can then apply for a Work Permit after that. There are no guarantees of approval in this entire process

Last edited:

Singh_299652

Star Member
Apr 28, 2018
Gurinderjit,

Do NOT give bad advice!

Hopefully, you have not broken the law yourself
Good Answer @Bryanna
Moderator should ban such queries.
Working on TRV and asking on forum, REALLY !! i can't believe how these people confidently ask such things. Working on TRV is illegal and one can get lifetime banned and even his family won't get any visa in future. And to all the members just remember that These people are responsible when genuine people get Visa REFUSALS, So don't even reply to such queries.

Gurpreetji2000

Feb 17, 2018
If you wanna work during your visitor stay, then yes you can work on cash
But its dangerous
If you have known person in brampton they can help you in finding a cash work.
Why dont you guys Understand Visitor visa is for visiting not working. Giving such a bad advice for breaking law is no good for future visitor , you guys are making it harder for other visitors too.
Working during visitor will be reported and hence outcome is deported.

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely agree with above comments on working illegally on TRV. I'd expect the recruiter to be a naive to hire someone on TRV. Once caught not only the employee gets arrested and deported albeit a ban on entry, the employer also has a risk of getting the license to operate cancelled.

On other hand, immigration officers know what people try to do it and that is one of the reason of high visa rejection rate for genuine cases where the officer isnt convinced with applicants intentions. When someone's visa is rejected you all know what and who is the reason as because of these 1% people who break the law the genuine cases also suffer.

I'd say moderator can't have control on questions posted by people, its the responder who need to exercise caution. For this one lets give @gurjinder kaur a chance to fix her mistake of recommending an illegal thing to others.

One piece of free advise, this forum is being used by immigration officers (I have seen comments from immigration officers on other threads; may be its a genuine officer or the company running this website) thus be careful with what you say and do.

gurinderjit kaur

Jan 10, 2018
Forget about this. Cheer up :):)

On a different note:
Did your parents get their passports back?
Yes Bryanna
They got their passport today with visa
Just coming here on this forum to share this good news with all of you
But when i read all these comments then feeling ashamed and feel like to say sorry to you all..
Thank you for your guidance in my parents file

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes Bryanna
They got their passport today with visa
Just coming here on this forum to share this good news with all of you
But when i read all this comments then feeling ashamed and feel like to say sorry to you all..
Thank you for your guidance in my parents file
Celebration time for you and your parents. Enjoy :)

Hope you've applied for your TRV

Reactions: gurinderjit kaur