+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV applied for Spouse before receiving AOR of Spousal PR application

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
Hi All,

I applied Spousal PR on July 4, 2022 Outland Online (PA - India)
Without waiting for AOR (as I still didn't receive one yet) I applied for TRV on August 12, 2022 and the review didnot start yet.

In the explanation letter of TRV, I mentioned dual intent and that I have applied for Spousal PR.

I have three questions in this regard
1) When can I expect decision for spousal TRV applied in August 12 (Currently in VO Delhi)
2) Does the VO officer consider dual intent before receiving AOR.
3) In below IRCC page what does first stage approval means for Spousal PR and how does this impact TRVs before AORs?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Without waiting for AOR (as I still didn't receive one yet) I applied for TRV on August 12, 2022 and the review didnot start yet.

In the explanation letter of TRV, I mentioned dual intent and that I have applied for Spousal PR.

1) When can I expect decision for spousal TRV applied in August 12 (Currently in VO Delhi)
3) In below IRCC page what does first stage approval means for Spousal PR and how does this impact TRVs before AORs?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/dual-intent-applicants.html

Thank you.
1) Around 4 months.
2) Before or after AOR doesn't really matter. Generally speaking, claiming dual intent doesn't seem to have a big positive impact. It's more important for the applicant to show strong ties to their home country such as employment, property and assets.
3) First stage approval would be the sponsor being approved.

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
1) Around 4 months.
2) Before or after AOR doesn't really matter. Generally speaking, claiming dual intent doesn't seem to have a big positive impact. It's more important for the applicant to show strong ties to their home country such as employment, property and assets.
3) First stage approval would be the sponsor being approved.
Thank you Scylla, your reply is helpful.

PraveenKumar

Sep 23, 2013
Without waiting for AOR (as I still didn't receive one yet) I applied for TRV on August 12, 2022 and the review did not start yet.

Hello Waderer87!

Can you share an update on your TRV? Was applying without waiting for an AOR cause any trouble for you? I'm working on PR and TRV apps for my wife and wanted to make sure applying TRV with dual intent is not a problem before I have an AOR.

Thanks.

Wanderer87

Oct 1, 2022
Hi received approval for TRV on December 5, 2022 for the application submitted on August 12, 2022. Processing office was New Delhi, India

Applying for TRV will not be a problem. This is the right time to apply when the processing times from India are less. You can upload a webform if you receive AOR in the meanwhile.

You still have to show that your spouse will go back after expiration of TRV period. so attach any supporting documents for her employment, funds in home country etc. You also have to tell what is the plan if TRV is approved and PR is denied. Read more about dual intent in IRCC website and prepare good cover letters to support your application.

Dual Intent:

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi received approval for TRV on December 5, 2022 for the application submitted on August 12, 2022. Processing office was New Delhi, India

Applying for TRV will not be a problem. This is the right time to apply when the processing times from India are less. You can upload a webform if you receive AOR in the meanwhile.

You still have to show that your spouse will go back after expiration of TRV period. so attach any supporting documents for her employment, funds in home country etc. You also have to tell what is the plan if TRV is approved and PR is denied. Read more about dual intent in IRCC website and prepare good cover letters to support your application.

Dual Intent:
Hi Could you please share the answers you gave for above situation? Like coverletter and other letters you provided, please remove personal information. This will help us a lot

jessicajoon

Star Member
Jan 25, 2022

Dual Intent:
How much funds did you show and for how long of stay?

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hi All,

Thank you.
Hi can you share what did you write in you letter of explanation for trv and what supporting documents you attached? My trv got rejected.

Suryarao611

Sep 23, 2020
Hi can you share what did you write in you letter of explanation for trv and what supporting documents you attached? My trv got rejected.
Write them the emotional attachment you're missing and as well as the financial implication of you travelling to your spouse. And what was the reason for your rejection? did you receive AOR for your spousal application?

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Write them the emotional attachment you're missing and as well as the financial implication of you travelling to your spouse. And what was the reason for your rejection? did you receive AOR for your spousal application?
Yes aor received applied after that. The refusal letter was having filename as generic which means that the AI system refused it. I had already written everything in my application. The refusal reasons are the same generic ones which lot of people are getting :purpose of visit and stronger ties in canada. The whole family reunification program was supposed to reunite us earlier than the pr application getting finalized seems like they are giving visas to people on luck basis.