+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Applications from India - 2021

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
1. No, it was automatically withdrawn 2days after I got PPR
2. Not yet..I don't have any hope either
4. Yes, but after Sep 7th...did not work.
@Susmit M - Thanks for your responses. Do you suggest we also apply through new portal despite IRCC responding to our webform that our application is in the processing que?

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
I really don't have a crystal ball. I think all old applications are in the processing queue. But are they really processing pre Sep 7th applications? even if they do, probably they will ask for a new set of supporting documents as the submitted documents have become obsolete. So, I would put in a fresh application on the new portal with the current set of documents. This was my thought process when I re-applied and I got results in a week.

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
I really don't have a crystal ball. I think all old applications are in the processing queue. But are they really processing pre Sep 7th applications? even if they do, probably they will ask for a new set of supporting documents as the submitted documents have become obsolete. So, I would put in a fresh application on the new portal with the current set of documents. This was my thought process when I re-applied and I got results in a week.
Thanks @Susmit M ! Do you mind sending the link for the new portal and the list of documents you submitted in the new portal so that I can start gathering them?

Susmit M

Star Member
Aug 9, 2021
This is the link
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Documents depend on what they ask for once you enter the fields in the portal. But additional documents will always help. Here is the list of documents included in our application. Remember, our application was for extended family unification
For the applicant
  1. Letter to IRCC rebutting the reasons for visa refusal in 2018 and the reason for the intended visit in 2022.
  2. Marrage registration cert
  3. Employment letter + leave sanction letter
  4. Bank statement for 3 months
  5. Passport pages showing father's name, also my wife's passport showing father's name. This was required to prove the family connection.
  6. last 2 years IT returns
  7. Copy of house tax bill ( to prove property and link with India) - family property
  8. Copy of the deed of a flat she jointly owns
  9. Vaccination cert

From the invitor's side
  1. Letter of invitation
  2. Copy of our citizenship card
  3. Latest bank statement
  4. 2 years, IR notice of assessment
  5. Form IMM0006 notarized.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
@Susmit M - Thanks for your responses. Do you suggest we also apply through new portal despite IRCC responding to our webform that our application is in the processing que?
Are applications for TRV on the New portal yielding any results at all ? I see those applications have been halted for and IRCC has switched over to GC Key. Should applicants who are waiting over 60 days on the portal, re-apply using GC Key? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Applied Oct 25, 2021

@Mirapakay I am not sure if IRCC portal is right or GC Key

Mirapakay

Feb 18, 2019
This is the link
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Documents depend on what they ask for once you enter the fields in the portal. But additional documents will always help. Here is the list of documents included in our application. Remember, our application was for extended family unification
For the applicant
  1. Letter to IRCC rebutting the reasons for visa refusal in 2018 and the reason for the intended visit in 2022.
  2. Marrage registration cert
  3. Employment letter + leave sanction letter
  4. Bank statement for 3 months
  5. Passport pages showing father's name, also my wife's passport showing father's name. This was required to prove the family connection.
  6. last 2 years IT returns
  7. Copy of house tax bill ( to prove property and link with India) - family property
  8. Copy of the deed of a flat she jointly owns
  9. Vaccination cert

From the invitor's side
  1. Letter of invitation
  2. Copy of our citizenship card
  3. Latest bank statement
  4. 2 years, IR notice of assessment
  5. Form IMM0006 notarized.
@Susmit M - Thanks for all the information. I see people yielding results with GC Key lately who applied around the same time frame my parents applied. So, I'm wondering if I should wait for a couple of weeks before I apply through the new portal.