+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application within Canada, need help!

kemerloo

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Hi, I have a few questions with regards to filling up the IMM 5257E.

I'm a foreign worker before and when my permit expired, I applied for restoration as a student and got approved.

In the section of current country of residence, I put Canada. But I'm a little confused in the status, do I put worker? or Student? and for the from and to, do I need to put the date of my arrival here in Canada as a worker and the date when my study permit expires or just the dates in my study permit now?

And in the section of details of visit to Canada, do I put returning student? or short term studies? I'm going to study for 10 months by the way. Indicate how long do I plan to stay, what date should I put on the from box? The date today?

Lastly, for the funds available for my stay, I'm going to use the bank statement that my sister gave me last September (since she's the one who will sponsor me), can I still use that? Do I need to submit that as well?

I'm planning to apply by paper.

Sorry for all the questions. Thank you for everyone who will answer all my questions. Thank you! :)

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
kemerloo said:
I'm a foreign worker before and when my permit expired, I applied for restoration as a student and got approved.

In the section of current country of residence, I put Canada. But I'm a little confused in the status, do I put worker? or Student? and for the from and to,
Why would you put worker if you are now a student?

kemerloo said:
do I need to put the date of my arrival here in Canada as a worker and the date when my study permit expires or just the dates in my study permit now?
Worker.

kemerloo said:
And in the section of details of visit to Canada, do I put returning student? or short term studies? I'm going to study for 10 months by the way. Indicate how long do I plan to stay, what date should I put on the from box? The date today?
Do you plan to study until today? You have to put the date you plan to stay, most likely somewhere after your studies finish.

Basically this question is irrelevant, because this TRV would be attached to your Study Permit, so the purpose is clear. Returning student is fine.

kemerloo said:
Lastly, for the funds available for my stay, I'm going to use the bank statement that my sister gave me last September (since she's the one who will sponsor me), can I still use that? Do I need to submit that as well?
ou! :)
The statement has to be no older than 3 months old. If it comes with your checklist then yes, you have to include it, if not, then no.