+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application Timelines in London, UK

Rajkh88

Jul 11, 2018
Hi new to the thread - I submitted my application on June 5th for a wedding on August 4th - and will nothing . It says final decision in progress and ive emailed and they’ve said it’s under active review - what does that mean?! I hold an indian passport but permanent resident of UK and travelled to Canada four times in 25 years. How much longer will it take ?

HK198433

Jun 18, 2018
Hi new to the thread - I submitted my application on June 5th for a wedding on August 4th - and will nothing . It says final decision in progress and ive emailed and they’ve said it’s under active review - what does that mean?! I hold an indian passport but permanent resident of UK and travelled to Canada four times in 25 years. How much longer will it take ?
I applied 15th May and have heard nothing yet, one email to say active review but my status online hasn’t even changed to eligibility review. Yours may b faster as you’ve travelled to Canada before.

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Hi all, just an update on what happened next. I submitted my passport at the VAC (although my visa was free, the 'processing fee' to forward the passport to IRCC is £19). Got an update on my application status yesterday with visa details, so I figured they'd stamped it. Nothing from VFS today, but when I checked the tracker it said "passport ready for collection" (again, no message from VFS, which is unusual for them, but might be worth a note).

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nothing from VFS today, but when I checked the tracker it said "passport ready for collection" (again, no message from VFS, which is unusual for them, but might be worth a note).
Nothing unusual about this. If you apply online or if you link your paper application to your online account, you won't get any messages from VFS/VAC

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Nothing unusual about this. If you apply online or if you link your paper application to your online account, you won't get any messages from VFS/VAC
Oh no, I didn’y expect any, I did get their emails and texts about my documents being dispatched though!

greatadi

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Think the wait issues are everywhere. I have applied from India and the processing times say 28 days and waiting since 42 Days. IRCC / VO hasn't responded to query and there are no acknowledgement emails too...

natl

Jul 24, 2018
Applied on 22nd June. No updates since. Travelling on 3rd Aug. Worried I won't get the visa on time..

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018
Application approved today after 54 days. @Lucy87, could you please advise how long they took to send the passport back to you? @HK198433, did you hear back anything?
Hi, congraulations
! I applied a day before you from London as well. Have you received notifications as they reviewed egibility and background checks or did it go straight to final decision? Enjoy your trip

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Hi, I applied a day before you from London as well. Have you received notifications as they reviewed eligibility and background checks or did it go straight to final decision?
Hi @Saratkum, I can confirm for you that throughout the processing period of 54 days, the application status always indicated that the 'review for eligibility' was pending/not yet started, and it went straight to the final decision; so, there were no updates at all in between.
@natl and others: I hope you all get a decision real soon!

Reactions: greatadi

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018
Hi @Saratkum, I can confirm for you that throughout the processing period of 54 days, the application status always indicated that the 'review for eligibility' was pending/not yet started, and it went straight to the final decision; so, there were no updates at all in between.
@natl and others: I hope you all get a decision real soon!
Thank you so much, this gives me hope. Will you update us about how long IG actually takes to get the passport stamped plz? Have a wonderful time out there! :)

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Will you update us about how long IG actually takes to get the passport stamped plz?
Hi @Saratkum, the whole process took me a week. I mailed the passport to VFS, they took a day or so to forward it to the Embassy, which upon visa stamping, sent it back to the VFS, who took another day to forward it to DX Delivery -> who did signature-delivery it to my residence before 8:00 am today. FYI: the Embassy processed it in a day without me asking them to expedite the passport stamping.

Have a wonderful time out there! :)
I won't be going this time around though as I don't want to get beat up by my friend(s) for missing their wedding(s). Lol Maybe next summer now!

brsa8

Jul 26, 2018
Submitted May 30th
Nothing yet.
I'm a researcher attending the biggest computer graphics conference in Vancouver on behalf of one of the biggest tech companies in Europe. have had visas from all over the world including the US never taken more than a couple of weeks. Supposed for fly next friday but I've given up on it. Shame on them.

SIXTY FIVE DAYS

Saratkum

Jul 7, 2018
Hi @Saratkum, the whole process took me a week. I mailed the passport to VFS, they took a day or so to forward it to the Embassy, which upon visa stamping, sent it back to the VFS, who took another day to forward it to DX Delivery -> who did signature-delivery it to my residence before 8:00 am today. FYI: the Embassy processed it in a day without me asking them to expedite the passport stamping.

I won't be going this time around though as I don't want to get beat up by my friend(s) for missing their wedding(s). Lol Maybe next summer now!
Thanks for letting us know I am still waiting... Tomorrow marks 9 weeks of waiting..

tarikb

Aug 31, 2018
Hi guys, new to the forum. My wife applied 10th June (81 days), and we are due to travel next week (5th September)...still nothing on the online account, and they have stopped answering CSEs. Embassy are closed on Monday for Canadian Labor day, am really worried that I'm going to end up going by myself.

Purpose of visit: To attend a wedding (it's also going to be over our anniversary :-*( )