+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application Timelines in London, UK

philip.a

Oct 4, 2018
Applied: 16 August 2018
Flight departs: TOMORROW, 9am

Purpose: close friend's wedding..

Nothing from the high Commission yet despite sending numerous emails to the ldnimmigation inbox.. [sigh]

SarahPC

Oct 11, 2018
I also applied on the 16 August 2018
I am due to fly Saturday 13 October and I still haven't got any update on my application.

How many more cases like this do we need to have until someone makes a change or do they not care?

tarikb

Aug 31, 2018
Hi guys, new to the forum. My wife applied 10th June (81 days), and we are due to travel next week (5th September)...still nothing on the online account, and they have stopped answering CSEs. Embassy are closed on Monday for Canadian Labor day, am really worried that I'm going to end up going by myself.

Purpose of visit: To attend a wedding (it's also going to be over our anniversary :-*( )
So, fyi guys, I went to canada by myself. 125 days and still no decision from immigration...ridiculous

mz.jaylee

Nov 8, 2018
Hi.. First time here.
What is happening to London VO? I applied last june 12 via online, still no results been writing an email to them 3 times, but same reply 'your application still in active process'... Waiting for almost 5months now

tarikb

Aug 31, 2018
So, fyi guys, I went to canada by myself. 125 days and still no decision from immigration...ridiculous
Hi Guys, just a quick update. VIsa was approved on 21st November 2018. 163 days for the visa to be approved. VFS (who put the stamps in the passport) said that it is normally quicker to apply through them than online direct at the IRCC (which we didn't know at the time).

vthuppil

May 22, 2019
This was our timeline for a Transit Visa.

Applied online through IRCC website: 24 April
--
Request to submit passport for stamping: 15 May
--
Submitted passport in person at VFS London: 16 May, 10 am (you have to submit before 10:30 am in order for the passport to be dispatched to the embassy on the same day).
--
IRCC online account updated with stamped visa counterfoil details: 21 May
--
Passport dispatched to VFS London: 22 May
--
Passport with stamped visa counterfoil collected in person: 22 May, 4 pm

Visa issued was a VH1 category visitor visa with two entries and validity of 6 months.

Time from submission of application to request for passport was 21 days, which was slightly more than the estimated processing time of 18 days when we applied.

Time from submission of passport at VFS to collection at VFS was 4 business days, including date of submission and collection. This is the minimum time for stamping, as we were advised by VFS.

If you are posting applications, add at least 2 business days each for sending and receiving the passport.

Hope this is helpful. Please apply well in advance because this was very stressful. We literally received the passport back at the 11th hour before travel!