+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Application Timelines in London, UK

HK198433

Jun 18, 2018
@dhillon and @HK198433 - I’m also applying via London to go to a wedding, albeit in my case the wedding is in the States, but for various reasons I had to book late with a transit in Toronto. Never would have expected that a transit visa would take over 3 weeks to process! My friends are asking if I can expedite in some way as the flight is on the 18th, but I really don’t think there are any grounds yet. Still, at the time of application the average processing time was 21 or 22 days, and the current trend is not very encouraging...
When I applied it was 21 days too, it’s now up to 27. I did send a case specific enquiry asking if there was a possibility for expediting but had no response, also emailed and had no response. Fingers crossed you get yours in time!

Reactions: Lucy87 and dhillon

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
I could still go to my home country where the processing time is 8 days, which would cost me £150. I don’t know if I want to save my wedding guest plans or work plans. Will give it a few more days.

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
When I applied it was 21 days too, it’s now up to 27. I did send a case specific enquiry asking if there was a possibility for expediting but had no response, also emailed and had no response.
Hi @HK198433, any luck with the IRCC reviewing your eligibility yet? I hope you at least get to see the second wedding.

Aussie786

Feb 13, 2016
application submitted online-2nd june
Confirmation and UCI -3nd june
But still no reply-Sydeny processing centre
Visa status- Australian PR holder

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Have you had any movement on yours?
Not even close. And, I don't see a chance on mine before yours', and it should not. I still can't believe you have had to wait for this long with no movement so far.

Do you think online applications are even being reviewed? It’s a bit of a black hole to me.:(
They must; the decision-making process is still got to be the same as paper applications. Did IRCC respond to your CSE for expediting?

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Not even close. And, I don't see a chance on mine before yours', and it should not. I still can't believe you have had to wait for this long with no movement so far.

They must; the decision-making process is still got to be the same as paper applications. Did IRCC respond to your CSE for expediting?
Nope - it takes 28 working days to respond (but they reserve the right not to). Monday is off due to Canada day, so we won’t hear anything until Tuesday anyway.
I have decided to wait until 9 July and cancel tickets if there’s no progress.
Terribly sorry that you both have missed your loved ones’ weddings.:(

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Not sure if my message helped but just got a notification that my visa has been approved, so there’s hope!
I’m travelling next week for work, so won’t submit my passport until next Monday though.

Reactions: Ozymes and dhillon

dhillon

Jul 4, 2008
Not sure if my message helped but just got a notification that my visa has been approved, so there’s hope!
I’m travelling next week for work, so won’t submit my passport until next Monday though.
Yay!!! Congratulations! So happy for you.

Just to confirm, they never even updated your 'review for eligibility' status, and it went straight to a final decision??

Once you get back your passport, do us a favour & let us know, how long the is visa valid for! Cheers!!

Last edited:

Lucy87

Jun 27, 2018
Yay!!! Congratulations! Just curious, which country's passport do you hold? And when exactly did you apply online? Once you get back your passport, do let us know, how long is the visa valid for! Cheers!
Sure! I applied for a transit visa (literally 90 minutes in between flights) and hold a Ukrainian passport. I have a 10-year US visa. I applied 3 weeks ago, but it’s possible that there is a difference in transit/visitor visa review process (it would make sense to me).

Reactions: dhillon