+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV application suggesting wrong form for spouse

vancouver8866

Aug 2, 2019
Hi All,

We recently extended both my closed WP and my spouse's open WP.
We are trying to apply for new TRVs so we can re-enter Canada.

I answered all the questions fine but then I get this one for my spouse:

What does your family member want to do in Canada?

The possible answers are:
Extend visitor
Apply/extend work permit, study permit
Apply/extend study permit

If I select extend visitor it gives me the form to change condition / extend visitor visa (5708) instead of application for visitor visa (5257)

I can't get the answers to give me the right forms. Is it even possible to extend both mine and my spouse's TRV in a single online application?

I have gone through various posts but couldn't get appropriate answer. Most of them suggests filing application separately for both of us instead of one single application. Has anyone gone through similar experience and can share their resolution?

Any help is appreciated!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

We recently extended both my closed WP and my spouse's open WP.
We are trying to apply for new TRVs so we can re-enter Canada.

I answered all the questions fine but then I get this one for my spouse:

The possible answers are:
Extend visitor
Apply/extend work permit, study permit
Apply/extend study permit

If I select extend visitor it gives me the form to change condition / extend visitor visa (5708) instead of application for visitor visa (5257)

I can't get the answers to give me the right forms. Is it even possible to extend both mine and my spouse's TRV in a single online application?

I have gone through various posts but couldn't get appropriate answer. Most of them suggests filing application separately for both of us instead of one single application. Has anyone gone through similar experience and can share their resolution?

Any help is appreciated!!
You should be applying for new TRVs - not extensions.

vancouver8866

Aug 2, 2019
You should be applying for new TRVs - not extensions.
Thanks for quick reply @syclla. I am indeed applying for new TRVs. Confusion starts in questionnaire when I add my spouse as family member to my application, the below question doesn't have appropriate option to select from. It forces one to choose from applying or extending study/work permit, even when my spouse has already extended her open work permit.

The options there are just to apply for study/work permit or extend them.

One resolution to this is to apply for new TRV separately from separate accounts (as advised here under TIPS section ). But I wanted to check if anyone has first hand experience of doing so or heard of it.

Thanks in advance!